Rotational Dining coming to Quantum

dirtgirl

As heard on the Freedom of the Seas today on a sailing with Vicki Freed, Dynamic Dining will be gone in a couple of months to be replaced with Rotational Dining like on Disney. There were cheers in the audience. You keep your same table and wait staff, and rotate complimentary restaurants. It will roll out with Anthem.

But what if you don't like the style of food at the next restaurant? I mean while I think that Silk sounds great, some people might be totally put off by it. Not sure I would want to be forced to eat at the WJ for dinner.:confused:

As heard on the Freedom of the Seas today on a sailing with Vicki Freed, Dynamic Dining will be gone in a couple of months to be replaced with Rotational Dining like on Disney. There were cheers in the audience. You keep your same table and wait staff, and rotate complimentary restaurants. It will roll out with Anthem.

Wow thanks for the update :D

I knew RCCL were having lots of discussions to see what could be done to "fix" DD but I didn't expect Rotational Dining...sounds good though. :D

Wow thanks for the update :D

I knew RCCL were having lots of discussions to see what could be done to "fix" DD but I didn't expect Rotational Dining...sounds good though. :D

Keep in mind, though, that this is a report on CC from someone who supposedly heard on a ship. Take it with a grain of salt, as we have heard lots from this type of communication that never materialized or materialized in a significantly different way.

Keep in mind, though, that this is a report on CC from someone who supposedly heard on a ship. Take it with a grain of salt, as we have heard lots from this type of communication that never materialized or materialized in a significantly different way.

The sailing it was said on is a Travel Agents 2 night sailing. Vicki Freed is RCCL SVP Sales & Trade Support.

That sucks.

It just goes to show how much influence the Quantum whining guests had.

I can live with Rotational Dining…but Dynamic Dining worked great for me on the Quantum.

That sucks.

It just goes to show how much influence the Quantum whining guests had.

I can live with Rotational Dining…but Dynamic Dining worked great for me on the Quantum.

Am booked on anthem and was looking forward to dynamic dining. Is there to be an official announcement about this? If it is true will now have to rebook speciality restaurants to coincide with the nights in complimentary restaurants which we don't fancy. I presume there would be a 'classics' menu common to all restaurants? What a pain!

Do you eat at set times like traditional early and late seatings with rotational dining or it is more like MTD?

With Disney it is a set time.

I imagine there will be an option for those that don't want a traditional time. I can't imagine them doing away with that.

The sailing it was said on is a Travel Agents 2 night sailing. Vicki Freed is RCCL SVP Sales & Trade Support.

I know who she is, but still take announcements of this type on CC with a grain of salt, as it is at least one level of indirection, and could easily have been misunderstood or misrepresented by the poster. As I mentioned elsewhere, where is the official quote/announcement or are we already a couple of rounds into the game of telephone

With Disney it is a set time.

I imagine there will be an option for those that don't want a traditional time. I can't imagine them doing away with that.

Thanks- Did they mention whether it is going to be done on Oasis/Allure as well?

Another vote for not liking this at all.

To me this is just a knee jerk reaction by RCI. Yes they have had issues and big issues with the rollout and introduction of DD but from recent posts it appeared that they were making some headway into resolving those issues.

I was looking forward to being able to reserve one restaurant 3 or 4 times, another one or two restaurants once and then a couple of nights in a specialty. Now on an 8 day sailing its 2 nights in each whether you like it or not. Talk about forcing you to eat in a specialty restaurant.

As we do not have full details of this hopefully they will be doing this system with half of the tables in each restaurant and allowing the other half to be open seating. To me that should keep most happy and be fairly easy to implement.

Thanks- Did they mention whether it is going to be done on Oasis/Allure as well?

As Oasis has already had her MDR spilt into different restaurants for DD then I would say RD will come to Oasis & to Allure.

But I don't think it will happen quickly, with Anthem coming out in less than 3 months then perhaps they will wait and see how RD works on her before they change OA & AL.