Drink Vouchers for Diamond or above - 2 or 3 per night?

LMaxwell

To Peferwarmweather and starry eyes,

Sometimes one can benefit from the system, but often it is best not advertised on a public forum read by the cruise company.

Just my 2 cents

M

Oh, I'm not recommending such behavior. I'm just saying it is not unique to those using vouchers. As I do not do it, it will have no impact upon me if the company reads it and stops it.

LOL, one person's experience who may or may not have been right, since they worked with one bartender is enough to start this thread/rumor?

That's really funny.

Pretty much, its sad, standard cc. If it was true there would already be a ton of threads going on the subject;)

Royal is dropping the ball a lot when it comes to bar servers.

On the Vision a couple of months ago. I ordered a drink in the theater between the hours of 5 and 8. I'm diamond plus so it's supposed to be no charge. Well the bartender comes back with the drink, and tells me that the "free drinks" doesn't count in the theater. But that he wouldn't charge me anyway. (I gave him an extra $1 tip) Well I was looking through my sea pass account the next day. And saw they charged my seapass for it. I went to guest services and they took the charge off, and confirmed that the theater qualifies for the free drinks.

2 nights later I order a drink in the same time slot. And explain that it was to be no charge. The waiter said he needed my seapass card but they wouldn't charge it. I figured it was to make sure the 3 drink limit wasn't abused.

Well the next day I checked just for the hell of it. And sure enough they had charged me. I called and had it removed again.

Once is a mistake but twice is intentional. The wait staff get no built in tip for the "free" drinks. So to earn the 60 cents they steal $4 from you.

I used to tip very good usually $2 extra for a mixed drink and $1 extra for a beer. But now if the service isn't extraordinary I give nothing extra.

And I check my seapass account every day.

It was enough for me to question if the policy had changed. When someone on a ship reports something that contradicts current policy why not ask about it

One person giving a story from one bartender does not make a policy. Or change it.

As I see it.

Considering how many times information from captains or cruise directors turn out to be incorrect, I just don't get buying a story from a single bartender.

Especially on a thread where the general feeling is not happy at all.

Oh, I'm not recommending such behavior. I'm just saying it is not unique to those using vouchers. As I do not do it, it will have no impact upon me if the company reads it and stops it.

Starry eyes,

Enjoy your next cruise. Perhaps our cruising paths will cross one day.

M

Guest maddycat
I used to tip very good usually $2 extra for a mixed drink and $1 extra for a beer. But now if the service isn't extraordinary I give nothing extra.

And I check my seapass account every day.

We always tip $1 or more per drink with the vouchers. We don't want the servers to lose any tip money by serving complimentary drinks. And, we always check our seapass account daily. Fortunately, we've never been charged for a complimentary drink.

The benefit it intended to be a substitute for the lounges, not a plan to provide beer for the next day. Action like this can easily get out of hand and cause the entire drink voucher program stopped.

The lack of refrigeration in most ship refrigerators may nip that in the bud before it starts. :D

When we were on the pool deck, we mostly spent time in the Solarium, so the big screen was not an issue. However, when walking through the main pool area, it seems to us that they kept the volume level on the big screen at a level that did not seem too loud. I have to admit that watching the Super Bowl in a poolside lounger, in the Caribbean, with all the party food, was very enjoyable, except for the last 24 seconds.

That was the best part Bob.

richard-sherman-interception-reaction1_zpsjhdqvafo.jpg

It was enough for me to question if the policy had changed. When someone on a ship reports something that contradicts current policy why not ask about it

Yeah, someone on an angry cruise on an angry thread, which you so enjoy...

Wow... people get sucked into just about anything... predictably, but still wow.

jc

Not if you include the two hours in the morning when you get free Bloody Mary's & Mimosas.

And Bellinis; I love those.

Still, I'd overall rather have that Bellini during a longer cocktail hour.

The variety gained by using both lines is delightful.

Edited by Starry Eyes

The variety gained by using both lines is delightful.

I agree completely!

My wife & I just debarked Sunday from a 12 night New Zealand cruise on Celebrity's Solstice (Sydney - Auckland) and in a few days we're flying back to Sydney to board Rhapsody for an 11 night cruise up the Queensland coast to Cairns and back. We enjoyed our Elite bennies on X and are looking forward to our Diamond bennies on the Royal cruise.

Last week on Freedom, I was told in several bars during Happy Hour that Diamond did not have the 3 drinks loaded on their seapass - only Diamond Plus or Pinnacle. I tried to get drinks and was declined but my fellow traveler who is D+ had no problem getting drinks. There were only about 200 P, D+ and D's cruising - not sure if that affected it.

We just went to the lounge...

Edited by Wine Luvuh

Last week on Freedom, I was told in several bars during Happy Hour that Diamond did not have the 3 drinks loaded on their seapass - only Diamond Plus or Pinnacle. I tried to get drinks and was declined but my fellow traveler who is D+ had no problem getting drinks. There were only about 200 P, D+ and D's cruising - not sure if that affected it.

I just love consistancy.

Interesting that so many servers did not know the rules on that sailing; evidently they did not even give your assertion enough gravity to swipe your card to check for vouchers. I hope somebody tells the bar manager or F&B manager that his staff need additional instruction.

The benefit it intended to be a substitute for the lounges, not a plan to provide beer for the next day. Action like this can easily get out of hand and cause the entire drink voucher program stopped.

Since RCCL reads these boards I would not be surprised if RCCL starts to instruct servers to open beer.

Enjoy the benefit

M

They already have. On Adventure last week, we tried to get unopened beer one evening. First evening, OK, next night, they said they had to be opened to prevent people from "hoarding" them