Odd but great items to take with you

Ksimpson76

Emergency Dental kit. If you have any (or lots) of dental work, there are emergency kits for fillings and crowns that pop off. Came in real handy on one cruise when someones 'tooth' came flying across the table. Luckily I had the kit

Also, I bring one air freshner filler (tab type, from Bath & Body works) for the bathroom. THat way it helps keep the room smell fresh all the time.

Erika

Emergency Dental kit. If you have any (or lots) of dental work, there are emergency kits for fillings and crowns that pop off. Came in real handy on one cruise when someones 'tooth' came flying across the table. Luckily I had the kit

Also, I bring one air freshner filler (tab type, from Bath & Body works) for the bathroom. THat way it helps keep the room smell fresh all the time.

Erika

Where do you get Emergency Dental Kit? Have heard of but never seen them.

Great ideas - many I would not think of! Thanks for the ideas.

Wish I did not have to fly to the port, though.

Yeah, but we landlocked Kansans and Coloradans just don't have much choice - other than a loooong road trip.

Reading this the night before we leave for our cruise. Not a good idea!! We are driving to our Debarkation port (Galveston) so this could be "dangerous". So far only adding small alarm clock and ibuprofen to the list! :)

One item I always bring and it's definitely not a must have. A Glade/AirWick plug in air freshner. Always get a vanilla or tropical type scent. Every time we walk in to our cabin it smells amazing and very vacation like! Almost like walking in to a room full of pina coladas!

Last August in Miami we bought a small plug in fan for the cabin. Here at home I'm always warm and like air on me. And I'm used to going to sleep with the noise from the fan. I also bring my nighttime sleep mask, my own pillow too.

I didn't know the walls were made out of medal. So, thanks for the tip of putting daily schedule on wall with a magnet.:)

Definitely a small OTC pack with Immodium, ibuprofen, Bonine, etc. I have been thanked profusely for being "overprepared" on more than one occasion! :)

Instead of tea lights, I like the small (2-3 in diamter) tap/push lights, also available at the dollar store. They're easier to turn on when I'm half asleep. I leave one by my bed and/or one on the counter in the bathroom. Bathroom trips at night are much easier and don't wake your roomie.

I don't wear a watch, so like a small clock for the cabin as well. Then you don't have to get out your phone or turn on the TV to see the time.

A must-have for me is my insulated mug or tumbler, usually a Bubba Keg. Great for stopping by the buffet for iced tea in a bigger cup than they have, and it keeps my drink nice n cold.

I have brought a lot of the other stuff on the previous lists, and have learned over the years what I use and what I don't need to bring. I try not to overpack, but having what you need when you can't get it on the ship is totally awesome. :)

Reading this the night before we leave for our cruise. Not a good idea!! We are driving to our Debarkation port (Galveston) so this could be "dangerous". So far only adding small alarm clock and ibuprofen to the list! :)

One item I always bring and it's definitely not a must have. A Glade/AirWick plug in air freshner. Always get a vanilla or tropical type scent. Every time we walk in to our cabin it smells amazing and very vacation like! Almost like walking in to a room full of pina coladas!

I like that idea of the Pina Coladas.:):)

We've only been on one RCI ship so we can't say for sure but most ships have both US and European plugs in the cabin. We bring a plug converter (not a voltage converter just a plus converter) so we can use the European plugs. Check your chargers - most will accept 110 and 220 so you can use the both plugs.

Can you buy deodorant and pack of disposable razors on the Allure of the seas, as we can't bring them on the plane,

We put those items in our checked baggage.

Also, you may find a small selection of those items onboard, but they will be expensive. Better to stop at a store on the way to the port.

Magnetic Clips - like the ones you put on your fridge to clip papers with!

Your cabin walls are all metal. They are great for keeping the compass up out of the way and easy to find. I started bringing 4 or 5 to keep the cabin nice and tidy from all the papers!

I love this idea, thanks

I haven't read all the posts so this may have been mentioned but when we have a suite that provides a coffee maker in the room I always take extra coffee filters.

The coffee provided is stronger than what we like so I open the packet and just use a portion of it so our coffee is to our liking.

- Travel size Downy De-wrinkler spray

- Extra ziploc bags in case something leaks and the bag needs to be replaced (it's happened more than once)

- Post-it notes to leave messages for stateroom attendant which I stick on the mirror

- Ginger chewy candies - just in case of rough seas (I sometimes eat them even when I feel OK)

Where do you get the ginger candy??

1. water shoes, the beaches can be rocky.

2. OTC meds, never again will I leave those at home even for "only" a 3 day cruise

3. A couple of zip ties

4. lots of $1.00 bills for tips ie room service and on land

5. couple of protein bars, hubby is diabetic.

My next cruise is over 200 days away, sigh! (unless....)

Myra