Only one entree allowed in specialty dining??

Is that true? I know in Johnny Rockets (not sure I'd call that specialty dining) you can order as much as you wish. And I know in the dining room you can get the entire menu if you want. A co-worker of mine is going to sail Liberty when the ship comes to NJ and was talking about specialty dining and couldn't decide what she likes. I said just order multiples and she said on her last RCI cruise they didn't allow that, only one entree.

Is that correct? If so seems a bit weird to me considering you can order multiples in the included dining room but not the upcharge restaurant.

Can't speak for any other restaurants but in Chops an extra enter was $10. No limit on appetizers or desserts.

Never tried to order a second entree at Chops but with appetizers and sides they give you as much as you want or offer to bring one of everything.

At Giovannis they've brought us out multiple entrees and pastas without issue.

Is that true? I know in Johnny Rockets (not sure I'd call that specialty dining) you can order as much as you wish. And I know in the dining room you can get the entire menu if you want. A co-worker of mine is going to sail Liberty when the ship comes to NJ and was talking about specialty dining and couldn't decide what she likes. I said just order multiples and she said on her last RCI cruise they didn't allow that, only one entree.

Is that correct? If so seems a bit weird to me considering you can order multiples in the included dining room but not the upcharge restaurant.

Yes, in Portofino's recently it was an extra $10 per extra entree

correct. you can have as many appies and desserts as you want but only one entree per person/fee paid in specialties.

I thought Johnnie Rockets limited you to only one burger but unlimited fries and onion rings. Am I incorrect and you can have multiple burgers?

I thought Johnnie Rockets limited you to only one burger but unlimited fries and onion rings. Am I incorrect and you can have multiple burgers?

Unless something has changed, you can have as many burgers/sandwiches as you want IF YOU ARE EATING IN. If you are getting an order to go, you can have one order of fries/onion rings, one sandwich and one dessert.

On my recent trip Johnny Rockets was a la cart. No free refills on fries/rings anymore *sigh* (This was on Quantum.) However, they had no issue bringing us more than an individual selection for items at Wonderland although you could tell they were taught how to try and keep people from ordering the whole menu.

Judy

Wow this might keep me from EVER cruising again. I can't believe that RCI won't let you stuff yourself in specialty dining. What is this world coming to? In other news, Royal Caribbean is rumored to be naming the next ship The Gluttony of the Seas.

Oh before someone notices the irony, my screen name should now be Not Fat Paul. By simple changes like moderating intake and actually exercising I have lost 90lbs and kept it off about two years. It is possible

Congrats Paul! I know you have to be proud!

Congratulations. It's off topic, but that reminds me that I wish Cruise Critic had a way to change the screen name without losing all of your posts and having to start over. Oh well.

Tom

Oh before someone notices the irony, my screen name should now be Not Fat Paul. By simple changes like moderating intake and actually exercising I have lost 90lbs and kept it off about two years. It is possible😀

Congratulations. It's off topic, but that reminds me that I wish Cruise Critic had a way to change the screen name without losing all of your posts and having to start over. Oh well.

Tom

You don't lose all of your posts. The instructions are somewhere in the rules or information. You have to submit 3 new screen names in order of preference (in case they are already taken) send by email, and let them know why you want to change it. Then it just happens. :D:):D

Many, many more members now I guess: "If you would like to change your user name, please send four or five choices for a new name along with the reason for the change to: help@cruisecritic.com."

Edit of edit. It took me a long time to come up with 3.;)

Edited by Coralc

Didn't know that and it makes no sense considering the MDR has no such restriction, and we often order multiples to sample/share. In Chops one time my wife couldn't decide between two mains so they brought both and we each that sampled the third dish nut didn't finish it. Yes the portions are larger. I doubt we'd ever need to order more than one each but am surprised it's not included in the fees.

Some of you can be downright nasty; can't answer a question without making snide comments?

Didn't know that and it makes no sense considering the MDR has no such restriction, and we often order multiples to sample/share. In Chops one time my wife couldn't decide between two mains so they brought both and we each that sampled the third dish nut didn't finish it. Yes the portions are larger. I doubt we'd ever need to order more than one each but am surprised it's not included in the fees.

Some of you can be downright nasty; can't answer a question without making snide comments?

One reason could be is that in the MDR all the food is prepared at once and there are always extra dishes available that in the end would go to waste. In the specialty restaurants they are using more expensive ingredients that are being cooked to order. I have had no problem in requesting a new entree if I did not like the first one however I believe that they are simply trying to control food costs.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Maybe not everybody eats every bit of food set in front of them.

Maybe a person has some self control and doesn't gorge themselves

just because it's on the plate. Maybe a person sees two main courses

that interest them. Maybe you can't order half a main dish and

so a person might like to order two main dishes.

Just saying two main courses does not make a person a glutton or pig. Maybe it just means they are on vacation and want to do something they don't do everyday. Like order two main courses, eat a bit of each and still not have to be rolled out of the restaurant.

Wow this might keep me from EVER cruising again. I can't believe that RCI won't let you stuff yourself in specialty dining. What is this world coming to? In other news, Royal Caribbean is rumored to be naming the next ship The Gluttony of the Seas.

Bravo Sir.

Well Said.