Are there any extra perks or deals for a doing a B2B

HFX

I already booked a cruise for Jan 2016 while onboard ship in Dec 2015. I have booked the last two cruises onboard because they offered all 3 of the 123go offers.

I am now thinking about a back to back on a cruise that I already have booked and wondering if there are any hidden deals or perks for staying on the same ship or should I just board another ship or line on departure day?

Thinking about B2B because of savings on flights.

The booking is on the Summit out of San Juan.

I know some lines do and I think once or twice I saw an incentive on the X website for a specific sailing b2b. It's so rare, it's not even there.

While your luggage doesn't have to leave the ship, you will, but hopefully for a very short time.;)

If you are in the same cabin you don't have to unpack or wait for your luggage for the next cruise.

You are also one of the first to mess up the trays in the buffet and get your choice of tables.

You are able to sit in the lounge and look at the surprised faces of those that thought they were the first on the ship.

You don't have to get up early to have breakfast on the last day of your first cruise.

You will save a few dollars in tips that you won't have to give to the extortionists handling your luggage at the dock.

No special deals or discounts for B2B unless you experience a big price difference between the two and that is only because of the time of the cruise. Eg the last cruise in Dec before Christmas will be a lot cheaper than the next one that is during Christmas, or the New Years Eve Cruise will be a lot more than the one that follows.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I already booked a cruise for Jan 2016 while onboard ship in Dec 2015. I have booked the last two cruises onboard because they offered all 3 of the 123go offers.

I am now thinking about a back to back on a cruise that I already have booked and wondering if there are any hidden deals or perks for staying on the same ship or should I just board another ship or line on departure day?

There is sometimes a very nice lunch in the MDR for the B2B passengers.

I saw a $25 or $75 (can't remember which) OBC credit once, not sure if it was extra credit from our TA or Celebrity, but in our many currently booked B2Bs we've got nothing extra.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the replies.

Should I stay on the Summit or any other recommendations.

options

Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas

Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas

Also because I booked onboard will they extend all 123go offers to another sailing.

On our first spring TA with celebrity we debated doing a four or five day b2b to Ireland. It was incredibly high so we decided to go to Bath for a week instead. So of course after I booked it they offered a special for those who wanted to continue. By then changing air was complex due to the Royal wedding. Worked out well, we loved Bath and the reviews were amazing for our trip but less so for the second.

I think the year before last I also noticed a TA back to back one sailing, one ship small special.

When we cruised HAL it was big benefit. Not sure if Azamara still offers them as part of their pricing.

miched, good point on the luggage tip! Lol

There is a small satisfaction in seeing the look of harried passengers fresh from a snow bound home, or insane flight board while you notice how refreshed you are already.

We did a B2B on the Summit March/April 2014. We were given a lunch voucher for Bistro On Five on turn around day. It's neat that a lot of the Staff will remember you and say corny things like" hey you forgot to get off" and then laugh. No other type of perks for us either.

Thanks for the replies.

Should I stay on the Summit or any other recommendations.

options

Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas

Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas

Also because I booked onboard will they extend all 123go offers to another sailing.

I have read a few reviews where passengers switched ships and quite a few wished they had stayed. However if you want a comparison, feel you maybe bored or want a new experience go ahead. But in some ways you waste valuable vacation time doing this and while for some it is exciting others find it annoying to move luggage and stand in line.

I did a b2b on Summit a couple of years ago. At the time I booked they offered $50 off for b2b. We had a wonderful time, loved not having to change cabins, not having to pack and put luggage out with most everyone else after the first cruise. Summit's itineraries are great for a b2b!

Barb

We love doing the B2B on the Summit. We have never received anything special from doing the B2B. And no, my experience is that it is a separate booking, so you can't extend what you go for booking the one week onboard. If you are looking at booking an oceanview, I would suggest calling to book the other week today while the current 123Go is still on (the rumour is after today it will only apply to balcony cabins and above).

FYI - I agree with others, really try and get the same cabin. Having to change cabins is not worth the hassle.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

The best part of doing a B2B is being able to peek at all of the suites that you may dream about booking someday or other cabins that you may potentially book but were unsure about locations. We love doing that! The cruise lines generally offer a special lunch for B2B cruisers on turn around day.

B2B on X are considered separate cruises unlike HAL which has treated B2Bs as one long cruise. With X, one advantage is if one leg of your cruise drops in price you can take advantage of that price drop. Whereas a "combined" B2B may not reflect a price drop so you would not benefit from it.

For instance, TAs are usually popular so may not experience a price drop. But a segment before the TA may have Price incentives available depending upon popularity.

We have a b2b booked on the Summit. We booked leg 2 onboard an RCI cruise and weeks late booked leg 1. The benefits we received with the onboard booking were not extended to leg 1, and that is what we expected. We've no complaint. We did it to ourselves.

One of the major factors was the difference in the itineraries. We've done both before with the exception of one island and look forward to revisiting the places we love.

On turn around day we are returning to El Yunque. It's the perfect way to spend the day. So rather than treat Puerto Rico as an embarkation/disembarkation day we are looking forward to a port day. It's a win win.

After sailing RCI for the first time in years we are delighted to be returning to the X and the M class ships we prefer. The Adventure of the Seas is a little big for us and the Jewel of the Seas is a close relative to the last ship we sailed and did not love.

Our cruises are itinerary driven except for the Caribbean which we love. For us, and perhaps for you too, the Caribbean is all about relaxation, exploration, and rejuvenation.

We got a coupon for laundry full bag for 25$, what a crappy thing, we are Elite so we have laundry for free.

When we did the Westerdam of HAL we got a free specialy dinner, way to go Hal.

Celebrity Cruises is on my bottom list (for a few things that happend on my summit b2b2b 3 week cruise) Modern Luxury I don't think so.

We just came back from a B2B on Reflection.

We received lunch in the Bistro for free on turn around day. We could have chose The Porch had we wanted.

They provided a coupon for 20 minutes of Internet time to each of us to encourage us to fill out the survey for week 1.

They provided a coupon for a free bag of laundry for each of us, which we appreciated since we are not yet Elite.

The best part was not having to wake up early and leave the room ASAP. I slept until 7, had a fairly leisurely breakfast, then read my book in Cellar Masters (because no one else was in there) until 10:15 when we walked through with the rest of the B2B guests.