Voyager of the seas , returning to Australia due to cyclone?

Read on Facebook tonight from a passenger on the Rhapsody that she is unlikely to visit Luganvile.

Also heard tonight on Facebook that Carnival Spirit is no longer going to Noumea, Isle of Pines instead they are going to Melbourne for 2 days and Tassie.

Does anyone know where Rhapsody is? I doubt she'll be anywhere near New Caledonia with Pam still quite close, and Nathan is blocking off Far North Queensland.

Last I have head they where trying to get to Luganville, but it was looking like they might not make it.

This is from a passenger on the Rhapsody.

More news, this time from Weatherzone:

A cruise ship carrying about 2,500 passengers also had to cancel a scheduled stopover at Yorkeys Knob, north of Cairns, because of the deteriorating weather conditions.

The MSC Orchestra was en route from Bali and will stay around the Gulf of Carpentaria until the threat from Cyclone Nathan passes.

Does anyone know where Rhapsody is? I doubt she'll be anywhere near New Caledonia with Pam still quite close, and Nathan is blocking off Far North Queensland.

One of the entertainers on the Rhapsody posted on facebook that the ship was heading to Hobart.

A cruise ship carrying about 2,500 passengers also had to cancel a scheduled stopover at Yorkeys Knob, north of Cairns, because of the deteriorating weather conditions.

The MSC Orchestra was en route from Bali and will stay around the Gulf of Carpentaria until the threat from Cyclone Nathan passes.

Thanks, very interesting. She's heading south so worst case if delayed substantially may have to cut back on Brisbane stop time.

As well as Voyager? Because that's where Voyager's heading.

Rhapsody is NOT heading for Hobart, she is heading for Champagne Bay

This from a passenger on the Rhapsody posting on FacebooK:

Latest update on Rhapsody. Captain Rob has informed us we will not be going to Luganvile tomorrow and will have another day at sea. Hopefully being able to go to Champagne Bay day after tomorrow.

I got this webcam capture from the MSC Orchestra webcams early today:

msc_orchestra_web112032015.jpg

msc_orchestra_web212032015.jpg

I heard back from Holland America about the Oosterdam this is what they said:

<snip>Our teams have been closely monitoring the weather situation in the South Pacific Ocean for the itinerary of ms Oosterdam. Due to tropical storm conditions at this time, the ship will not call at Port Vila, Vanuatu, on March 13. Oosterdam will sail west from its scheduled call at Mystery Island, Vanuatu, on March 12 for a day at sea to avoid the weather front. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Luganville, Vanuatu, on March 14. The front is scheduled to have passed the area by this time, permitting operations as planned. </snip>

Does anyone have any further updates on Rhapsody? My mum and aunt are on the ship at the moment. I called Royal Caribbean this afternoon who told me the ship was in Luganville today, and sailing for Champagne Bay tonight. With the cyclone due to hit near Vila tonight, I wondered if they'd be sailing at all - I know there is a bit of distance between there and Vila but with the severity of the storm I'd expect they'll still be feeling it.

Does anyone have any further updates on Rhapsody? My mum and aunt are on the ship at the moment. I called Royal Caribbean this afternoon who told me the ship was in Luganville today, and sailing for Champagne Bay tonight. With the cyclone due to hit near Vila tonight, I wondered if they'd be sailing at all - I know there is a bit of distance between there and Vila but with the severity of the storm I'd expect they'll still be feeling it.

Rhapsody did NOT make it to Luganville, they where getting away from the cyclone and going to try Champagne Bay over the weekend.

i am currently waiting to heir from a passenger who is on Rhapsody who is posting on Facebook, if they will make it to Champagne Bay.

Check back here and I will let you know more when I get it. :)

Thank you Kiwi Cruiser, that is much appreciated.

I was intending to phone royal Caribbean again this morning, but what good is that if they are giving me incorrect information anyway!

I saw this morning that cyclone Nathan is expected to intensify on its way towards Vanuatu over the next few days... That's going to make it difficult for them to navigate a safe way home.

I hope they are all ok over there. Looks terrible for the Vanuatu people... They didn't have much to begin with and the cyclone seems to have been very destructive

A passenger onboard has commented on royal Carribeans facebook page that the ship is currently located in Champage Bay. They are due to sail to Port Vila tonight but obviously don't know if that will happen or not.