UPSALE! 3rd times a charm!

WOW every body, we have received our 3rd upsale from our VA Verandah 8028 which we were very happy with considering our trip on the NA to Europe we were in VA 6054 and loved it. But we got SS6056 right next to our old cabin prior and could not be more happy! Upsale started at 1,199 pp, next was 899 pp and now 349pp! I snagged it!

Will be waving from our balcony at sail away! I will be holding my IPAD to watch us with!

Denise

WOW every body, we have received our 3rd upsale from our VA Verandah 8028 which we were very happy with considering our trip on the NA to Europe we were in VA 6054 and loved it. But we got SS6056 right next to our old cabin prior and could not be more happy! Upsale started at 1,199 pp, next was 899 pp and now 349pp! I snagged it!

Will be waving from our balcony at sail away! I will be holding my IPAD to watch us with!

Denise

Congratulations, that's very nice. You will enjoy your SS - especially at that price.:D Makes it even sweeter.

Denise

Aren't you sailing Sunday? you are still getting upsells? We only got one offer about 2 1/2 weeks ago....................I am ready to leave!

WOW! nice - good for you. very happy for you.

I don't think the upsell fairy will be visiting me this time:(

It's always nice when it happens and so glad it happened to you:)

Aren't you sailing Sunday? you are still getting upsells? We only got one offer about 2 1/2 weeks ago....................I am ready to leave!

The op is in a balcony so there are likely more areas to upsell to.

Op, have a wonderful time.

Denise

I've only had one upsell offer and because I waited overnight, I didn't get a second one. Were your offers all on the same day? Did you respond to the first two in any way? I was wondering if you said you would upgrade if the offer was for less money. Did you have any extra benefits that you had to forfeit when accepting the offer?

I am shocked!! I told my husband no chance of another upsale. Yes we are leaving Sunday. I was so surprised with this offer. Told my husband if we got another offer and it was for 400pp I would take it. Told him it would be magic if that happened!

Husband said I did good! So right now enjoying a Jameson's as a toast!

Denise

I've only had one upsell offer and because I waited overnight, I didn't get a second one. Were your offers all on the same day? Did you respond to the first two in any way? I was wondering if you said you would upgrade if the offer was for less money. Did you have any extra benefits that you had to forfeit when accepting the offer?

You don't need to respond in an way if you are not interested. I haven't responded and they do keep coming if no one bites. In your case people accepted the price and then they were gone.

I am shocked!! I told my husband no chance of another upsale. Yes we are leaving Sunday. I was so surprised with this offer. Told my husband if we got another offer and it was for 400pp I would take it. Told him it would be magic if that happened!

Husband said I did good! So right now enjoying a Jameson's as a toast!

Denise

On one of my cruises there were four offers. They were extremely high.

Sundagger,

First offer was on 2/22 1,199pp

Second offer was on 2/27 899 pp

Today, was my 3rd offer.

Lost nothing, we did not do explorer package, we purchased our beverage cards, anyway I know that you do not get double cruise days.

We become 4 STAR on this cruise

Denise

On one of my cruises there were four offers. They were extremely high.

Hi Cruz Chic,

You are absolutely right in regards to more rooms. The HAL rep said it was luck of the draw. I asked will I possible get another upsale, she laughed and said do not push your luck. LOL. Also I have gotten very high offers and would not respond.

Denise

Congratulations!! Hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Robert,

Thankyou!

Love your writings,

Also your photography on all your wonderful pictures.

I asked about your camera. Remember?

Hope to do a cruise around the world some day,

Denise

Congratulations, OP!!!

Did you book directly with HAL or through a TA?

We've never gotten an upsell offer on any of our cruises. We did get an upgrade from HAL on the one cruise we booked with our wonderful former PCC. I'm thinking it's because we use online TAs and they don't pass them along or our cabin is in some sort of group that isn't eligible.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was lucky with an upsell on my just-completed Westerdam cruise. I originally booked a Cat-H Obstructed guarantee. About 6 weeks out they assigned me 4084. Just under 3 weeks out, I got an email with an offer to upgrade to a VA Balcony for $129pp. Being a solo traveller, of course I got tagged double that, but even so it was much less than if I had booked a VA from the start. There were about half-a-dozen VA's available, so I got my pick of them.

Congratulations, OP!!!

Did you book directly with HAL or through a TA?

We've never gotten an upsell offer on any of our cruises. We did get an upgrade from HAL on the one cruise we booked with our wonderful former PCC. I'm thinking it's because we use online TAs and they don't pass them along or our cabin is in some sort of group that isn't eligible.

Enjoy your cruise!

HokiePog,

Goodmorning!

We book through HAL,mand out of 9 cruises so far this is the first time for a upsale. Did 24 day on the NA in 2013 no upsale, was told because those cruises are always booked full.

Denise

What a deal, congratulations! I would have taken that!

We have never gotten/accepted an upsell because they have all been ridiculously high. On one cruise it was almost comical because I must have gotten 6 emails each day with upsell offers --- all for the same amount!

We have gotten many upgrades though (always book guarantee) and use a PCC at HAL.