Royal's drink $$$

hunt182644

But it does bring up a question for a first time HAL cruiser. Since we have the Explore4 drink package , which is capped at $7, is HAL really that much cheaper than RCCL. Just is surprising to me

But it does bring up a question for a first time HAL cruiser. Since we have the Explore4 drink package , which is capped at $7, is HAL really that much cheaper than RCCL. Just is surprising to me

Don't be surprised, it's true. Princess runs about $10 a drink so I drink a lot less.

Yes I am quite aware this is a Holland board,:rolleyes: also not a first time cruiser.:D Just because I do not have thousands of post's or list dozens of cruises does not mean I have not been around.:) Was merely passing on a tidbit of news. Was it an important tidbit not really just a comment on how prices continue to rise. If this tidbit or reply bothers anyone well such is life.;) No reply is necessary for that is my 2 cents worth.

Yes I am quite aware this is a Holland board,:rolleyes: also not a first time cruiser.:D Just because I do not have thousands of post's or list dozens of cruises does not mean I have not been around.:) Was merely passing on a tidbit of news. Was it an important tidbit not really just a comment on how prices continue to rise. If this tidbit or reply bothers anyone well such is life.;) No reply is necessary for that is my 2 cents worth.

No one said anything about how many posts or cruises you have under your belt. Your post didn't bother me, but it does seem to bother you that I (mistakenly) thought you had posted (mistakenly) on the wrong board. It happens, and quite often. :rolleyes:

So, thank you for sharing the tidbit. :)

Edited by Cruising-along

I for one was glad you posted. I know Celebrity charges $10 for their drinks, along with Princess and now RC. I hope that is not going to be a trend that Hal decides to follow. I'll have to really cut down on my drinking.:eek:

Bad hair day?

Thanks for the info.:)

I for one was glad you posted. I know Celebrity charges $10 for their drinks, along with Princess and now RC. I hope that is not going to be a trend that Hal decides to follow. I'll have to really cut down on my drinking.:eek:

I do like Bar Stool testing but if the prices go up will be staying in one Bar only and nursing the one for a lot longer.

Interesting info, thanks for your original post. HAL's drink prices are much more reasonable than RCCL. We have always frequented the Happy Hours on HAL. When we went on our first of two RCCL cruises, I mentioned the high prices in my review. The second one was a back to back where they raised the prices in the middle of our cruise. Lowest bar bills I ever had! Just won't pay that much...good thing in the long run, I guess, lol.

Please feel free to correct my math. If one assumes five drinks a day for one person, that adds up to approximately $59 a day. Speaking as one who ran up a bar bill last evening at a local wine bar of $83 plus tip, that is still a bargain.

Please feel free to correct my math. If one assumes five drinks a day for one person, that adds up to approximately $59 a day. Speaking as one who ran up a bar bill last evening at a local wine bar of $83 plus tip, that is still a bargain.

Plus you will be able to earn extra Mariner day credits this way.

Me too! Right now it's my largest on board expense.:eek:

:eek: Wow........ $10 per drink is high.

Plus you will be able to earn extra Mariner day credits this way.

There is that! I like the way onboard spending goes toward cruise days.

But will our livers last until we get to four/five stars? j/k

Edited by HokiePoq

just buy your favorites in the DF shop on board or at a port and they will deliver all your liquor on the last sea day before going out again. Then drink in your cabin.
s i

this is not necessarily true -- they know if you are on for another segment and it doesn't always show up.

Interesting info, thanks for your original post. HAL's drink prices are much more reasonable than RCCL. We have always frequented the Happy Hours on HAL. When we went on our first of two RCCL cruises, I mentioned the high prices in my review. The second one was a back to back where they raised the prices in the middle of our cruise. Lowest bar bills I ever had! Just won't pay that much...good thing in the long run, I guess, lol.

What is Happy Hour on HAL? Do they have Happy Hour in all the lounges? What hours is Happy Hour? Thanks...taking my first cruise on HAL and Happy Hour sounds like something we'd be interested in.