cabin privacy?

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with dividing the sleeping space from the couch on the Vision of the Seas? I don't know if it makes a difference but it is a D1 balcony cabin.

I have read that it MIGHT be possible to get magnetic hooks to attach to the ceiling and hang a shower curtain from it. Will this actually work?

Does anyone have any other ideas that have worked?

I recall being in several staterooms having a curtain that you can draw across. Can't recall if that was dependent on the ship class, or if the room had a pullout. Maybe those thoughts will help jog the memory of someone else who remembers more.

I recall being in several staterooms having a curtain that you can draw across. Can't recall if that was dependent on the ship class, or if the room had a pullout. Maybe those thoughts will help jog the memory of someone else who remembers more.

Me too. Maybe I'm wrong but I think all of the cabins we've stayed in have had a curtain to separate the bed space from the rest of the cabin.

I thought this as well, BUT I was recently informed those 'curtains' are for decoration. They only are about 4inches wide!

I have also been looking at pictures, and I don't even see the curtain in the pictures on the vision.

So now I am questioning the curtain situation. lol

I just went through pictures from some of our cruises. I can see what I think might be a curtain on Majesty. I can't tell for sure. None of my other pictures have a view of the cabin that would show, or not show, a curtain. I'll be on Jewel in three days, I'll check when I get on. My curiosity has been piqued.

I have actually have been thinking about this curtain in the last few days. My DD will going with us on this cruise with us and she is sharing a cabin with our neighbor's son. They are both in their early 20s. They have been friends since they were born. They don't mind sharing a cabin, it gets them on a cruise after all. But I'm sure they will want some privacy when changing clothes. I thought if they closed the curtain, they could get dressed on either side of it. If the curtain does not exist, one of them will probably have to change in the bathroom.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

The 4 inch or so curtain is for decoration only. There isn't a "track".

The walls and ceiling of the cabin are metal so you could bring some kind of a curtain from home. You would need magnetic hooks to attach to ceiling and curtain. It can be done

Edited by didicruiser

I thought this as well, BUT I was recently informed those 'curtains' are for decoration. They only are about 4inches wide!

I have also been looking at pictures, and I don't even see the curtain in the pictures on the vision.

So now I am questioning the curtain situation. lol

Most of the cabins that I have had, it IS just a couple of feet - just barely enough to shield someone sitting on the couch from someone on the bed.

But you made me look. :)

I am currently in my E1 on the Serenade, and amazing to say (mirabile dictu!), the curtain goes all the way across!!!!! :eek: :D

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with dividing the sleeping space from the couch on the Vision of the Seas? I don't know if it makes a difference but it is a D1 balcony cabin.

I have read that it MIGHT be possible to get magnetic hooks to attach to the ceiling and hang a shower curtain from it. Will this actually work?

Of course, that doesn't really help with the VISION, does it? ;)

My advice: travel with someone you like a lot. ;) :D

Here ya' go.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924566&highlight=making+cabin+divider

Thank you for all the replies!

I wonder if it varies for the room cat? Since all the ceilings are metal, I think I will bring some magnetic hooks and a curtain as a just in case. After all what is ONE MORE thing to bring. lol

I just went through pictures from some of our cruises. I can see what I think might be a curtain on Majesty. I can't tell for sure. None of my other pictures have a view of the cabin that would show, or not show, a curtain. I'll be on Jewel in three days, I'll check when I get on. My curiosity has been piqued.

I have actually have been thinking about this curtain in the last few days. My DD will going with us on this cruise with us and she is sharing a cabin with our neighbor's son. They are both in their early 20s. They have been friends since they were born. They don't mind sharing a cabin, it gets them on a cruise after all. But I'm sure they will want some privacy when changing clothes. I thought if they closed the curtain, they could get dressed on either side of it. If the curtain does not exist, one of them will probably have to change in the bathroom.

Not a balcony cabin?

My daughter and I always just locked my son out on the balcony ;)

One of them could dress and leave, too. :)

Not a balcony cabin?

That is what we have done too when our son has cruised with us. The other thing that works, depending on the cabin type and ship, is to open the door to the bathroom and get dressed in the area behind the open door. You need to be near the closet anyway.

Not a balcony cabin?

Nope, not a balcony cabin. It's an oceanview. Since your cabin on Serenade has a curtain, I'm going to guess/hope that her sister Jewel will have curtains as well. We'll know the answer in 3 days.

I have only had 1 cabin with a curtain that closed and I think that was an interior on Enchantment. Never had a curtain that closed on Vision, Freedom, Liberty or any other ship whether interior up to Junior suite. We always got dressed in shifts.

Open the closet doors and bathroom door across from closet and it makes a great changing room

I mean if you know the person you are sharing a cabin with you must be able to trust them some what. I am sure you could turn your back to each other. Thats just me though I am pretty easy going.

I mean if you know the person you are sharing a cabin with you must be able to trust them some what. I am sure you could turn your back to each other. Thats just me though I am pretty easy going.

They've known each other and have been friends since birth. Trust is not an issue. And, you probably won't find two more easy going people than these two. After all, they agreed to share a cabin on a cruise, right? It would just be more convenient to have some space and the ability to move around without worrying about keeping your eyes turned. If the curtain doesn't close, I'm sure one of them will just use the bathroom/closet area to get ready. Worst case scenario, both of their parents have rooms down the hall, they could use one of those.

We had an OV on Liberty a few months back, and the curtains closed, or at least close to it.

I remember this because we had 2 grandkids along in upper Pullmans (set up like bunk beds on each side) and we would have them read in their Pullmans while we changed. The curtains extended at least enough to cover the ends of the beds.