Current headliner show on Allure?

I went to look at the entertainment options for our Allure sailing in June and all it says is "headliner show". Does anyone know what it is?

When you get about a month out from the cruise, try asking about the headliner here: [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

Seems like an odd question to ask, considering your cruising experience. I would think with that much experience you would know that with few exceptions, headliners change from cruise to cruise.

I see similar questions like this from experienced cruisers and often wonder.

Yesterday, somebody with 20+ cruises was asking about boarding time. I just shook my head wondering why??

There is usually more than just one headline entertainer (guest entertainer). Anyway MyCruises neither reveals how many different Headliners are on nor on what day. All you can see is Headliner Show and you can only book one online.

steamboats

I went to look at the entertainment options for our Allure sailing in June and all it says is "headliner show". Does anyone know what it is?

Great question, I was on the Allure this past November and tried to find out what was the entertainment for the Headliner Show without any success. As it turned out the show was terrible and about half of the audience walked out, what waste of time.

I think that the term "flaming" is WAY overused on this message board.

Not catering directly to your whim is NOT flaming you.

I would agree with the above statement. No flaming. No slamming. No dissing.

Just don't get it.

Nor do I get why people get upset when someone replies to their question and it does not meet their approval.

Good question. It would be nice if they posted what the headliner act is (not necessarily the person but they type...musician, singers, comedian, variety)...especially on ships such as Oasis class where you pre-book your shows. But good there is an email you can try contacting for find out more info (posted by clarea)

I would agree with the above statement. No flaming. No slamming. No dissing.

Just don't get it.

Nor do I get why people get upset when someone replies to their question and it does not meet their approval.

I don't get why people get upset when someone asks a question that doesn't meet with his/her approval. Maybe the best thing to do is just move on.

When you get about a month out from the cruise, try asking about the headliner here: [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

Just a note, that the information your receive from this may not be 100% accurate. I emailed regarding my cruise last week and was supplied with a Bon Jovi cover band as the headliner. It turned out to be a Journey cover band. All other entertainment was as advertised in the email.

Just a note, that the information your receive from this may not be 100% accurate. I emailed regarding my cruise last week and was supplied with a Bon Jovi cover band as the headliner. It turned out to be a Journey cover band. All other entertainment was as advertised in the email.

I've had the same experience with that email a couple of times.

my notifications weren't popping up so I missed a lot of the responses.

THANK YOU to those who were kind enough not to treat me like an idiot. It's those people who reach out with actual answers that make people want to come back ... Cheers to you!

Because I AM an idiot... fwiw, I misused the term headliner.

I actually was thinking of the big show like Chicago or Hairspray (it wasn't listed as an entertainment option so I wasn't sure if THAT was "the headliner" -- apparently not).

But where I was "lacking in knowledge" was realizing these are two different events and not one in the same. Shocking for a seasoned cruiser such as myself, I know...

Thanks again, everyone for the headliner information, because I honestly didn't know there was such a wide array of possibilities for that part of the entertainment. Silly me. :p

Edited by cctimmom

my notifications weren't popping up so I missed a lot of the responses.

THANK YOU to those who were kind enough not to treat me like an idiot. It's those people who reach out with actual answers that make people want to come back ... Cheers to you!

Because I AM an idiot... fwiw, I misused the term headliner.

I actually was thinking of the big show like Chicago or Hairspray (it wasn't listed as an entertainment option so I wasn't sure if THAT was "the headliner" -- apparently not).

But where I was "lacking in knowledge" was realizing these are two different events and not one in the same. Shocking for a seasoned cruiser such as myself, I know...

Thanks again, everyone for the headliner information, because I honestly didn't know there was such a wide array of possibilities for that part of the entertainment. Silly me. :p

Chicago is currently on the Allure, but during the Captain's Corner last week we learned that after dry dock the show will change to Mama Mia. So for your June cruise it should be Mama Mia.

Edited by mslaabs

Chicago is currently on the Allure, but during the Captain's Corner last week we learned that after dry dock the show will change to Mama Mia. So for your June cruise it should be Mama Mia.

According to the Norwegian RCI website Mamma Mia! starts on the June 14th cruise.

So nothing for the earlier cruises in May and early June...

steamboats