Make me say something nice about Royal's website

BillOh

I did find something I liked about Royal's new website. Now that more Spring 16 itineraries are out, I used the comparison feature and thought it worked good. A very minor criticism might be that the ship names aren't on the screen below, but since I picked them it wasn't hard to remember and I'm sure many of you will know which ones they are at a glance, but a new customer might be just a bit confused.

comparing.jpg

I normally handle all of the travel business for our family, so before last night, my husband had never been on the site. He wanted to double check dates and went to Royal's page. He soon said "This is crazy; How do you do this?" :o I told him I use a different site for research and only confirm on royal's site using the ship/date combo. :D I guess I have "job security" of being our families agent.:D

I haven't been impressed with the new site at all. Half the time I can't even use the filter criteria and have it effectively change my search results. Not that the previous website was great, but this was a step back in my opinion.

Is there a way for it to show the narrowed filters like it used to? For example, I select the months I can cruise and I want to go to the Caribbean. It used to then only show me the ships I could select from, whereas now it appears I can select them all and then get an error once I select it since that ship is not cruising the Caribbean during the months I selected.

I really don't think it is all that bad. There are several ways to get to the same information now. It's all about adapting and getting used to it.

Have you tried booking a cruise or excursions with it? Good luck. I gave up after a week of trying and seeing a different price for the same rooms change about ever hour.

I haven't been impressed with the new site at all. Half the time I can't even use the filter criteria and have it effectively change my search results. Not that the previous website was great, but this was a step back in my opinion.

I've found the new site almost impossible to use.

Lucky you I've tried IE, Chrome, Firefox and an iPad and I can't get anythign to work right :(

Time to get upgrade from your Commodore 64. :D Sorry couldn't resist. We haven't experienced any issues once we've cleared out the old Royal cookies and I do like the comparison feature. I mostly use Firefox but have also used Chrome and Safari. I use the 'Plan A Cruise' at the bottom of first page when looking for a specific ship and use the 'Plan A Cruise' at the top when I need the advanced search options.

I discovered the changes on the RCI website while onboard...I was hoping it was just an onboard thing....home now and it wasn't....I won't mince words...I "HATE" it....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, I can't get enthused about the website. The only thing I used the previous version for was to book onboard activities and shore excursions. I can't even do that with this site. Once I select an excursion and the passenger(s), the site just sits there with that annoying spinning circle and never lets me complete the booking. Grrrr!

I guess I will have to just call their customer service tomorrow and try to book it over the phone. :rolleyes:

Thought that I had done a great job of booking my Anthem dinner reservations - Grande, Chic, Silk. This is what I got.

So I tried a second time with same result!! (Three screen grabs; Italics mine)

You only have complimentary items in your cart. These items do not require credit card information. Upon click of continue to checkout button your order will be confirmed.

Step 1: Email Address

You only have complimentary items in your cart. These items do not require credit card information.

Credit Card Error

Payment Not Accepted

Your credit card and billing information could not be processed. Please re-enter your information or use a different credit card to process your order. Some product bookings are invalid for the cruise booking or were cancelled

Thought that I had done a great job of booking my Anthem dinner reservations - Grande, Chic, Silk. This is what I got.

So I tried a second time with same result!! (Three screen grabs; Italics mine)

You only have complimentary items in your cart. These items do not require credit card information. Upon click of continue to checkout button your order will be confirmed.

Step 1: Email Address

You only have complimentary items in your cart. These items do not require credit card information.

Credit Card Error

Payment Not Accepted

Your credit card and billing information could not be processed. Please re-enter your information or use a different credit card to process your order. Some product bookings are invalid for the cruise booking or were cancelled

This happened to me too. I just deleted everything out of my cart and started over. It still didn't work. Then I booked my dining reservations one night at a time and everything finally went through. Annoying! But, at least It finally worked

I really don't think it is all that bad. There are several ways to get to the same information now. It's all about adapting and getting used to it.

Can you tell me how to use the filters? For example you used too be able to click military and then Caribbean and it would show all cruises that had a military rate.

I can't seem to get it to do that. When I click on military it still shows ALL Caribbean cruises, not just the ones with a military rate. Thanks

As someone who works in the IT/e-commerce industry, the kindest thing I can say about any of the RCI websites is that I have not caught rabies from their website. Yet.

I love animals, but if their site was an adorable puppy, I'd still have it taken out back and euthanised to put it out of its misery. It wouldn't be fair on the poor thing to keep it hobbling along like that with no quality of life.