Shame on you rcl

Caveat emtour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or how about this, a company we all here use doing the right thing, not hiding the facts when they sell, and being responsible enough to correct their mistake/deception!

All the excuses why the buyer didn't do this, or that are meaningless, it all started with RCL's mistake/deception, and from the many responses of others here who've stated they have cruised putting their children in the pullmans without knowing shows either deception, or a lack of information by RCL!

What idiot would not realize that the intent was to have the kid sleep on the bunk bed. I had that figured out before I got to the problem. Any reasonable person would have mentioned, "Are you aware that children under the age of six are not allowed to use the Pullman bed?"

Then, why when the issue became clear, why didn't the RCI rep say, let me see if I can find out an OV with a pull out sofa?

This is one of the reasons it is better to use a professional TA then to depend on the cruise line reps.

Other cruise lines don't have this same restriction, so you cannot fault the OP if the information is not provided. This is clearly Royal Caribbean's fault.

Agreed!

RCL is the starting point, and they should correct a problem they created!

i do think op has a valid complaint. People booking through the cruiseline expect these reps to be experts on the ships. We know they are not.

If the bed situation had been explained properly, i'm sure he would have asked for alternatives to this setup.

This is a customer service issue and i don't see why royal can't work with him to find a better solution.

like!

Kids love the pullman and in my household they don't get to pick where they sleep. You would be safe sleeping in the pullman or you kid would be safe...pick one.

I'm always willing to jump up on the soapbox or join the picket line but this is without a doubt the most ridiculous rant against RCL that I've seen.

I have 2 young children and we end up in cosleeping arrangements often with us - but the one thing I looked forward to on our cruise was that we would all be in the same room so they would not need to cosleep! This means I will get a decent sleep and not be kicked, rolled on, have my hair pulled, my stomach used as a pillow or whatever else the do in their sleep! My Kids need their own bed that is not with me for me to enjoy my well deserved vacation sleep!!

The OP, or you in the OP´s Situation could have all those things by sleeping in the pullman.

Kids love the pullman and in my household they don't get to pick where they sleep. You would be safe sleeping in the pullman or you kid would be safe...pick one.

I'm always willing to jump up on the soapbox or join the picket line but this is without a doubt the most ridiculous rant against RCL that I've seen.

Surely the post of the day. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

The OP, or you in the OP´s Situation could have all those things by sleeping in the pullman.

How in the world is that so? It still leaves an adult sleeping with the child...do you think my DH would enjoy good vacation sleep if all of those things were happening to him instead as he was stuck in the bed with the kid?

Royal should absolutely notify people of this rule regarding 6 year old requirement for use in their cruise booking process - both online and over the phone. If they notified guests - then they would have done a good job of placing the choice on the guest at the time of booking so they can make a good choice and have no fault in the future.

With two parents in the room one will be sleeping with the child in the main bed if they followed rccl's requirement.

With two parents in the room one will be sleeping with the child in the main bed if they followed rccl's requirement.

No. The main bed can easily be separated into two twins. Thus everyone has his or her own bed. Comfort for all.

To the poster who cosleeps at home and is looking forward to not having to do it on vacation, if you can't keep your kids in their own bed at home, how do you expect to accomplish that when they are in a strange environment?

I assume OP cares about the safety of his child...

While all of the comments are valid I would guess the requirement is driven by insurance reasons. IMHO the pullmann is a bunkbed and you assume any risk associated with the sleeping arrangement, at home or at sea. Also, as with any parent we do what we feel is best for our situation and child.

How in the world is that so? It still leaves an adult sleeping with the child...do you think my DH would enjoy good vacation sleep if all of those things were happening to him instead as he was stuck in the bed with the kid?

Royal should absolutely notify people of this rule regarding 6 year old requirement for use in their cruise booking process - both online and over the phone. If they notified guests - then they would have done a good job of placing the choice on the guest at the time of booking so they can make a good choice and have no fault in the future.

On RCI ships every Person can have their own bed, with the exception of Sofa beds that sleep two and can´t be seperated and the beds in OS and some RS that can´t be seperated.

As None of those exceptions match the OP´s Situation, everybody can have their own bed with no Need to share a bed.

No. The main bed can easily be separated into two twins. Thus everyone has his or her own bed. Comfort for all.

To the poster who cosleeps at home and is looking forward to not having to do it on vacation, if you can't keep your kids in their own bed at home, how do you expect to accomplish that when they are in a strange environment?

My kids don't like to sleep in their own rooms - but sleep fine in another bed in 'my' room. We vacation often so I have plenty of experience with them in this situation. We had great cruise in February!

On RCI ships every Person can have their own bed, with the exception of Sofa beds that sleep two and can´t be seperated and the beds in OS and some RS that can´t be seperated.

As None of those exceptions match the OP´s Situation, everybody can have their own bed with no Need to share a bed.

Frankly - Whether they match the OPs specific situation or not is irrelevant - the fact remains that if there are restrictions of use on the Pullman (which there are per the photos of them!) that they should be advertised and stated upfront so that guests can make choices that work for their family. Period.

Just like information about what side of the ship allows smoking outer/lower decks is published so that one can select accordingly, the rules of use on the various bedding types should be published.

Frankly - Whether they match the OPs specific situation or not is irrelevant - the fact remains that if there are restrictions of use on the Pullman (which there are per the photos of them!) that they should be advertised and stated upfront so that guests can make choices that work for their family. Period.

Just like information about what side of the ship allows smoking outer/lower decks is published so that one can select accordingly, the rules of use on the various bedding types should be published.

Trying to walk away from your own Statements when realizing they are flat out wrong?

YOu are entitled to your opinion, but be careful when pointing out something as a fact which holds no truth at all.

This has to be the nastiest thread I have seen in a while. Clearly RCI is a family cruise line and caters to kids. Parents booking cabins with children obviously assume the kids will be sleeping on either the pullout sofa or the Pullmans.

It is appalling that RCI does not both clearly publish this rule on their website and make it clear when booking a reservation with children.

How can anyone of you possibly defend RCI.

I award this thread the nastiest thread of the year .. and the RCI cheerleaders the nastiest group on CC. Your treatment of the OP is disgusting.

This has to be the nastiest thread I have seen in a while. Clearly RCI is a family cruise line and caters to kids. Parents booking cabins with children obviously assume the kids will be sleeping on either the pullout sofa or the Pullmans.

It is appalling that RCI does not both clearly publish this rule on their website and make it clear when booking a reservation with children.

I award this thread the nastiest thread of the year .. and the RCI cheerleaders the nastiest group on CC. Your treatment of the OP is disgusting.

Yep

This thread and the one where the lady booked choice air.

Actually, this thread is kind of average in nastiness. You just aren't used to seeing it over hear on Royal. Check out these kinds of threads over on Carnival if you really want to see nasty.

I'm so glad this thread is turning with at least some support for OP. Totally agree that this thread was nasty, and the number of people blindly following RCI and instinctively jumping at their defence at the complete disregard of OP is shocking.

I bowed out of the thread early on as everyone seemed to be totally against him. Shocking behaviour from what should be a friendly and sociable group of people.

I hope OP has a great cruise and can work round the issues in some way if RCI can't help him out with an alternative & suitable room. The mattress on the floor idea was, in my eyes, a worst case scenario making the best of a bad situation. BUT Royal advertise a high-end experience and children sleeping on mattresses on the floor should NOT be happening.

Trying to walk away from your own Statements when realizing they are flat out wrong?

YOu are entitled to your opinion, but be careful when pointing out something as a fact which holds no truth at all.

Not backing away one bit!!! I still think it's absurd that Royal doesn't notify people of this rule and if it had been my cabin, I would be as equally pissed about it as the OP.

But I don't think it matters if my specific case or the OPs case or any other travelers case is exactly the same. I don't think any adults in my cabin would sleep on the Pullman without the room cost being a small fraction of my last room.

This age restriction is something that would potentially impact a customer's cabin selection and overall purchase decision. This is absolutely something that should be disclosed and made clear up front. And when a customer tells a CSR that one of the pax is 5-y/o, and they are reserving a cabin w/pullman beds, failure to do so is obviously poor customer service and reeks of deception.

I refuse to believe this is lost on the powers-that-be at RCI.

OP, I hope they get you squared away. RCI needs to do right and should post something on their room selections when booking.

So many of us would have made the same mistake. If your child fell out of bed and broke something, insurance could deny, RCI deny the whole 9 yards leaving you holding the bill and a hurt child. Chances are he won't get hurt, but kids are kids, you just never know. It's good that you now know, so you can make the decision that is right for you and your family. I hope RCI comes through for you.

Half of these rude remarks wouldn't be occurring if they themselves were facing your decision. They'd fight for what is right or hypocritically break the rules. And yes this is nastier than any smoking or what to wear thread than I've seen on any of the lines.

This is an informational board. Post something and people will respond. Just because they don't back your position doesn't make them a cheerleader or nasty. You can't start a thread here and not expect different views being expressed. There has been no name calling or anything out of line or the mods would have deep sixed the thread. If anything the original poster was out of line with the title of the thread. If he really wanted to just inform people about the 6 year old limitation on the Pullmans, why not Age Restriction on Pullman Beds?

Edited by bilyclub