Apparently the Prinsendam is sold ;)

cruz chic

It does look like the Prinsendam, wonder if some one photo shopped it and it's all part of an April Fools joke? It certainly has people talking. Time will tell.

Allan

No it is not a joke as the P'dam as been offered for sale for many, many months.

Which is interesting as she has been and still is listed for sale on several yacht websites that feature cruise ships - HAL is asking $125 million. There are photos plus the ship is listed at 793 passengers. There is also a 2nd HAL ship (no name given but lounge photo is attached) with 1266 passengers at $140 million offered for sale. Do not know which ship this is - can someone identify this one??? http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/Power/Cruise+Ship

Would hate to see the P'dam leave HAL.....

Which is interesting as she has been and still is listed for sale on several yacht websites that feature cruise ships - HAL is asking $125 million. There are photos plus the ship is listed at 793 passengers. There is also a 2nd HAL ship (no name given but lounge photo is attached) with 1266 passengers at $140 million offered for sale. Do not know which ship this is - can someone identify this one??? http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/Power/Cruise+Ship

There are a total of 20 pictures attached, including a twin dolphin sculpture at the pool, the Atrium feature and what looks like a PG with an oddly shaped window. Certainly someone can identify it.

There is also a 2nd HAL ship (no name given but lounge photo is attached) with 1266 passengers at $140 million offered for sale. Do not know which ship this is - can someone identify this one??? http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/Power/Cruise+Ship

The Atrium picture and the pool dolphins are on the Statendam. Maybe P&O is trying to sell her? Or it's just an old ad that was never removed, like some real estate listings you see. The odd thing is that it says "United States" and if that's the country of registry that doesn't fit. Edited by catl331

According to the sticky on HAL ships both the Statendam and the Maasdam were built in 1993 - could it be the Maasdam since the Statendam is already moving out of the fleet?

According to the sticky on HAL ships both the Statendam and the Maasdam were built in 1993 - could it be the Maasdam since the Statendam is already moving out of the fleet?
No, that's definitely not the Maasdam or Veendam Atrium. It is the Statendam: sa_20.jpg Edited by catl331

That is most definitely a photo of the Prinsendam listed for sale.

I think it's an old listing. The Prinsendam holds more than 743 passengers now:(

If HAL was smart, they would build another one along the way she was built. She commands a higher price and some of us chose to pay it. Some cruises may not be sold out but I know the majority are without having to slash at the last minute.

I'd happily get on her again. LOVE that ship and the crew on board.

I think your guess is right, it is the Maasdam and the other is the Prinsendam.

I think your guess is right, it is the Maasdam and the other is the Prinsendam.
If it's the Maasdam, why do they show the Statendam Atrium in the 12th picture? Edited by catl331

If it's the Maasdam, why do they show the Statendam Atrium?

I don't think the Maasdam has been sold yet. The Maasdam is scheduled to do the 2 week round trip out of Seattle to Alaska in 2016--the route originally done by the Amsterdam and being done in 2015 by the Statendam before she goes off line.

It's pretty darn good. The ship is not full so the service is great. There is a minor irritant or two but overall very nice. Food has been very good so far. Loving my cabana. Cabana stewards are awesome. Pulled a stupid one this morning. Got off the ship without money or Id. I don't think I've ever done that. I realized pretty quick and luckily before they were asking for Id.

Right up there with your checked bags not showing up for a cruise and no change of clothes in your petite carryone! :eek: :p :D

Rick & Joyce

I don't think the Maasdam has been sold yet.
correct ... but what we are arguing about is what is shown as up for sale in the ad. The 12th picture is the Statendam atrium. Edited by catl331

No, that's definitely not the Maasdam or Veendam Atrium. It is the Statendam: sa_20.jpg

This is not Maasdam's atrium.

Cruz chic....... I hope you have a great cruise. Enjoy!

Hi CruzChic - can you tell me how the Noordam is holding up? We join her on April 20th and are getting super excited. There's been reports that she's heading to dry dock before our sailing but I think it's just for refreshing. Would love to hear how you think the lovely lady is holding up. Meanwhile, enjoy the cabana life!

If it's the Maasdam, why do they show the Statendam Atrium in the 12th picture?

That sales outfit had both the Statendam and Ryndam up for sale. Just easier to post picture they already had then re-enter another photo of the Maasdam.

right - it's Statendam :)

That sales outfit had both the Statendam and Ryndam up for sale. Just easier to post picture they already had then re-enter another photo of the Maasdam.
That's a real stretch! Anyway, the question that was asked was to identify the ship in the pictures - and I did. Edited by catl331

That is Statendam's "Showroom at Sea"

That is Statendam's "Showroom at Sea"

The photo of the Explorer's Lounge is from RYNDAM.

Going through the dozens of photos on Google of the S Class..... they were quite beautiful. Very stylish and timeless.

Stephen

When you're selling a ship for a mere $125 million, there's not really a whole lot of budget for individual photos of the exact and correct vessel. ;)

I see that there are no cruises listed for Veendam after it completes its winter and early spring cruises from Tampa in 2016. Sure hope it's not on the chopping block.

She WAS '' on the chopping block '' ~~ 2009....look what happened....!!!

She ended up with a stern ''only a mother would love'' besides a large number of ''weight & balance'' and water flow problems...There is a reason why Statendam and Ryndam were selected by P&O Australia, ...next up for transfer or outright sale would be Maasdam IMO.

Cheers

Right up there with your checked bags not showing up for a cruise and no change of clothes in your petite carryone! :eek: :p :D

Rick & Joyce

Behave:D

Thx

By the way I met copper John at the gangway today.