Apparently the Prinsendam is sold ;)

cruz chic

So I'm on the Noordam right now. Actually I'm in St Lucia. There is a lady on board that is telling everyone she meets that the Prinsendam is sold. I told her I think her facts are wrong and that it's the ryndam and Statendam that have been sold/ transferred. I said if it had been sold cruise critic would have reported it. Did I miss something? Problem is, a lot of people are believing it.

I think she's got her facts wrong. This rumour has made the circuit for a couple of years already. I would ask her for the source of the information. Tell her you heard the Noordam was sold instead, and see how many people that story gets passed along to. :D Enjoy your cruise.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Edited by ger_77

I think she's got her facts wrong. This rumour has made the circuit for a couple of years already. I would ask her for the source of the information. Tell her you heard the Noordam was sold instead, and see how many people that story gets passed along to. :D Enjoy your cruise.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Now that's a great idea. I should tell her they are not even completing this cruise before it's sold :).

Now that's a great idea. I should tell her they are not even completing this cruise before it's sold :).

Good idea - tell her the deal is closing tomorrow morning and you all have to exit the ship then!!

ha! ha! do that. Would serve her right. I think she is wrong too, by the way.

We were told by Captain Andre that the P'dam is not up for sale. While HAL will surely sell any ship if the price is right, it's a very profitable ship for them, despite her costs, according to him.

I see that there are no cruises listed for Veendam after it completes its winter and early spring cruises from Tampa in 2016. Sure hope it's not on the chopping block.

It is. Doubt it's gone then, probably when the 2nd Pinnacle Class ship comes online.

How is your CRUISE!!!!?????

I was beginning to wonder where you were.

Hope you are having a ball!!

It's pretty darn good. The ship is not full so the service is great. There is a minor irritant or two but overall very nice. Food has been very good so far. Loving my cabana. Cabana stewards are awesome. Pulled a stupid one this morning. Got off the ship without money or Id. I don't think I've ever done that. I realized pretty quick and luckily before they were asking for Id.

Edited by cruz chic

ha! ha! do that. Would serve her right. I think she is wrong too, by the way.

We were told by Captain Andre that the P'dam is not up for sale. While HAL will surely sell any ship if the price is right, it's a very profitable ship for them, despite her costs, according to him.

I think they will hang on to the Prinsendam as long as they possibly can unless they get a stupid high offer.

It's pretty darn good. The ship is not full so the service is great. There is a minor irritant or two but overall very nice. Food has been very good so far. Loving my cabana. Cabana stewards are awesome. Pulled a stupid one this morning. Got off the ship without money or Id. I don't think I've ever done that. I realized pretty quick and luckily before they were asking for Id.

Super! A review when you're back would be nice - hint, hint.

Keep enjoying! Wish we were there!

Super! A review when you're back would be nice - hint, hint.

Keep enjoying! Wish we were there!

I think I'm done with reviews. They always seem to turn ugly. I compulsively tell the truth and some folks don't like that.

I guess I better get on the ship before they page me. All aboard is 2:30 and its 2:14 now.

Any one know what ship this is for sale? The logo I can't really make it out. but it looks like one I know (I think).

http://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1100629/?searchid=9854577&page=1

It does look like the Prinsendam, wonder if some one photo shopped it and it's all part of an April Fools joke? It certainly has people talking. Time will tell.

Allan

Any one know what ship this is for sale? The logo I can't really make it out. but it looks like one I know (I think).

http://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1100629/?searchid=9854577&page=1

That is most definitely a photo of the Prinsendam listed for sale.

Yes, I agree that it looks like a picture of the Prinsendam. The Elegant Explorer was indeed built in 1988.

HAL still lists P'dam cruises as far as Nov 3, 2016

Which is interesting as she has been and still is listed for sale on several yacht websites that feature cruise ships - HAL is asking $125 million. There are photos plus the ship is listed at 793 passengers. There is also a 2nd HAL ship (no name given but lounge photo is attached) with 1266 passengers at $140 million offered for sale. Do not know which ship this is - can someone identify this one??? http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/Power/Cruise+Ship

Would hate to see the P'dam leave HAL.....

1446400213_HALshowroom.jpg.539eae8c5f9276464adda10109d57aa5.jpg

Edited by take us away