Just off Westerdam - trouble averted.

Colakid

Just off the Westerdam this morning and we were late arriving back by about an hour. We stopped for a distress call @ 4:45am and lowered a life boat and waited until the Coast Guard arrived. Five (5) Bahamian men in a small boat in trouble. Last into port this morning but all was well and handled with ease. Made our flight home back to Canada no problem. Great cruise.

Happy Westerdam's crew/officers were able to help those mariners in need.

What time was your flight?

We had a 1150am flight and was in the terminal for WestJet by our gate by 930am through all the security stuff and all. The plane was early and we left early and made up time as well. We did self debarkation as always. Snowed when we got home in our small town around 630pm. Nothing like Boston though I understand this winter. Captain even came to our M&G and told us the button sticks on the horn when he sails away and by the time he gets it unstuck it has done its damage of the record.

Edited by Colakid

Thanks for posting. I had been wondering why she arrived so much later than normal. Glad you made your flight!

I have heard good things about the Captain. I, too, am hoping for a stuck horn next week!:D:D:D

Someone posted pictures of the arriving Westerdam on the sailaway thread and I was wondering why there was so much daylight; it's usually pretty dark when ships arrive. Thanks for explaining why.

Glad everything worked out with disembarkation and catching flights.

Roy

We had a 1150am flight and was in the terminal for WestJet by our gate by 930am through all the security stuff and all. The plane was early and we left early and made up time as well. We did self debarkation as always. Snowed when we got home in our small town around 630pm. Nothing like Boston though I understand this winter. Captain even came to our M&G and told us the button sticks on the horn when he sails away and by the time he gets it unstuck it has done its damage of the record.

I'm glad everything worked out well for everyone.

Re: sticky button, it really got stuck today; over a hundred toots heard. Good show!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Welcome home from Belmont! :) I actually was on the webcam watching the sailaway today (first time), and that sure is a sticky button! Gotta say, though, that the horn itself is so beautiful, I can't imagine who would mind! :D

Always nice to hear that a HAL ship stops to help.

So glad it didn't impact your flights and you got home safely.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting us know about the "stuck" button. Hoping it never gets fixed :)