Freedom class: What deck is your choice for a hump balcony cabin?

We'll soon be booking a cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We've already decided that we're going to go for a balcony cabin on the hump, but we're not sure which deck.

Last spring, we had 6636 on Independence of the Seas and I loved it. The balcony was great, and the location was super-duper convenient. It was really easy to get to the cabin from the elevator lobby, and it was just one set of stairs away from the Royal Promenade.

Before we go with a deck 6 cabin again, I thought I'd see whether there are any arguments in favor of decks 7 or 8.

One that occurred to me in favor of deck 8 is that it's halfway between the pool deck and the Royal Promenade. The downside is that being three decks away, I may still be inclined to take the elevator up to the pool deck anyway (it's on the verge of what I'm comfortable walking stairs upward in general), and three decks down to the Royal Promenade isn't as quick as just one. :)

Any thoughts from others who've had considerations like this before?

I'm in the same situation for our Freedom cruise. I have deck 6 promenade cabins booked but am thinking about changing to deck 7. Still puts the promenade and DR itching walking distance both on up and down trips leaving elevators only to pool deck and WJ on the way up.

Hey there again..Nice meeting you :D

We had a hump cabin on deck 6 6338...

The good thing about this cabin, is that there is not crowded for the elevator, near to the main dinning room just steps down, it worked well for me since my dinning room was King Lear. And we could get food from the cafe promenade, settle guest service etc quickly. No need to walk alot.

I have not been on other decks but Deck 7 is the next closest deck i will choose.

Edited by WaveSplasher

Just got off the Freedom in JS 9338. Very quiet as you had staterooms above and below. We picked the starboard side, because the port side had a suite above it that had a piano and I had read a review that you could hear the piano being played. It is very convenient as it is only two doors down from the stairs and elevators, but we never heard any hall traffic. Would book the same room again.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

I usually pick deck 9 to be closer to WJ, pools, CL (deck 10 potential noise. had that happen already)

I think I would rather be closer to those locations, or be on deck 7 closer to the Promenade (but not too close to potential noise). Really, I wouldn't mind 7, 8 or 9.

Edited by marci22

Question - I read about the hump balconies on here all the time. What makes people want them more than just the regular balcony rooms?

Convenient location and more dramatic view from the balcony.

Convenient location and more dramatic view from the balcony.

Exactly! It's the reason I book early so I can get the cabin I want..center hump 9th deck starboard side or as close to center that I can get! I miss having my balcony on my recent Enchantment cruise! :cool:

All I have to add is if any of you are lucky enough to be cruising with Daghis....you are lucky enough!:)

I miss our deck 6 hump cabin - it was so nice to run down 1 flight, grab champagne and run back to the cabin in time for sailaway!

Question - I read about the hump balconies on here all the time. What makes people want them more than just the regular balcony rooms?

I would agree with with everybody else said, but check the deck plans as well. On some ships the "hump" has a bigger balcony and/or bigger room than others in the same class.

I would agree with with everybody else said, but check the deck plans as well. On some ships the "hump" has a bigger balcony and/or bigger room than others in the same class.

That would be Radiance class ships. Staterooms at the ends of the hump have larger balconies.

We'll soon be booking a cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We've already decided that we're going to go for a balcony cabin on the hump, but we're not sure which deck.

Last spring, we had 6636 on Independence of the Seas and I loved it. The balcony was great, and the location was super-duper convenient. It was really easy to get to the cabin from the elevator lobby, and it was just one set of stairs away from the Royal Promenade.

Before we go with a deck 6 cabin again, I thought I'd see whether there are any arguments in favor of decks 7 or 8.

One that occurred to me in favor of deck 8 is that it's halfway between the pool deck and the Royal Promenade. The downside is that being three decks away, I may still be inclined to take the elevator up to the pool deck anyway (it's on the verge of what I'm comfortable walking stairs upward in general), and three decks down to the Royal Promenade isn't as quick as just one. :)

Any thoughts from others who've had considerations like this before?

I am so glad I saw this. We are in 6636 May 3rd on Independence. Now I am getting more and more excited. Getting closer. Especially since it is still so cold here. UGH

Thank you all for your suggestions. As was noted, the deck 9 hump cabins are "off-limits" to us because we're planning on booking an E2, so that gives us decks 6-8 to consider.

Since no one mentioned anything about a difference in the view, I may choose deck 6 again since it was so convenient to the Royal Promenade and Café Promenade in particular.

All I have to add is if any of you are lucky enough to be cruising with Daghis....you are lucky enough!:)

Awww, thanks! It was great to cruise with you, too! :D

Thank you all for your suggestions. As was noted, the deck 9 hump cabins are "off-limits" to us because we're planning on booking an E2, so that gives us decks 6-8 to consider.

Since no one mentioned anything about a difference in the view, I may choose deck 6 again since it was so convenient to the Royal Promenade and Café Promenade in particular.

That's what's most important...get what you prefer.

But Deck 9 is always our favorite on nearly every ship we've sailed.