Sunday mass on board ship

pema

I just called RCCL to confirm that we will be having a Catholic priest on board our Transatlantic sailing on Allure of the Seas ..regarding Sunday mass 4/19/15

I was told that yes RCCL does provide a Catholic priest on such a sailing but they are not positive we would have one on our sailing so we must check it out once we board ....

I just called RCCL to confirm that we will be having a Catholic priest on board our Transatlantic sailing on Allure of the Seas ..regarding Sunday mass 4/19/15

I was told that yes RCCL does provide a Catholic priest on such a sailing but they are not positive we would have one on our sailing so we must check it out once we board ....

Don't those two statements contradict each other? Maybe they should have said yes and no. Take your pick and see what you find when you get aboard the ship.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Possible translation - If there happens to be a Catholic priest on board for your sailing, then YES, there will be a Catholic priest on board for your sailing . :)

You know those statements like "You've been cruising too long when......" Well you've been cruising too long when you can understand RCI's twisted response to a simple question. (Sort of like - I knew I had been working for the government too long when I started to understand the printed regs.

Good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

the only time you can assume more than zero percent chance is during High Holy Days. and even then, it will be non denominational for the christian religions. you could have a RC Priest, or a Baptist Minister or a Methodist Preacher.

the only time you can assume more than zero percent chance is during High Holy Days. and even then, it will be non denominational for the christian religions. you could have a RC Priest, or a Baptist Minister or a Methodist Preacher.

I don't believe that statement is true for a transatlantic cruise--which is what the OP was asking about.

On our repositioning cruise on the Mariner in 2013, there was a Catholic priest on board. He told us that on RCI, Apostle of the Seas provides a priest on repositioning, Easter and Christmas cruises. I believe Transatlantic cruises are considered repositioning. You might want to contact Apostle of the Seas: http://www.aos-usa.org/

We had a Catholic priest on our November transatlanic on the Serenade of the Seas. He had been provided by the Apostle of the Seas who paid for his trip. One of the passengers on our cruise had made the request to the Apostle of the Seas. It was the first time we had heard of such an organization. We now donate to it to help keep it going.

The only thing that we can be sure about is that the statement came from Royal. Somehow, I can tell.:rolleyes:

yes that's for sure...RCCL ...when I called this morning the gal from RCCL said your reservation is a group # ...I had to ask what does that have to do with " will there be RC priest on board for Sunday mass the day of disembarkation " ?

will wait and see...not going to lose sleep over it