Harmony of the Seas- No Concierge Lounge?

If this is happening, we will prob. Switch our "loyalty" to celebrity...we are d+ but have been on 6-7 celebrity cruises and are enjoying them more...if we can't enjoy the conceriege lounge ....we can get free drinks on celebrity....too bad ,we worked for our points(over 25 cruises) and some in suites😏I would like to voice my disappointment...who do I contact?

If this is happening, we will prob. Switch our "loyalty" to celebrity...we are d+ but have been on 6-7 celebrity cruises and are enjoying them more...if we can't enjoy the conceriege lounge ....we can get free drinks on celebrity....too bad ,we worked for our points(over 25 cruises) and some in suites😏I would like to voice my disappointment...who do I contact?

You can try crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Also, there is an online form:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do

a major downgrade in loyalty benefits for diamond plus members. RCL starting to act like United Airlines.

Can you please enlighten me on the major downgrade? I'm not being funny, I truly don't understand? :confused:

Concierge lounge, Diamond Lounge??/ Isn't this just like tomato- Toomaato?

I just turned Diamond so I guess I want to know what disappointments I'm in for. ;)

But believe me I am truly happy to be diamond and being able to go into any lounge (Diamond or Concierge)

Once again I don't get it, is the Diamond lounge for like second class citizens?

Now Diamond plus also can't get into Coastal kitchen, correct? Are we all ok with that? Breakfast area in Chops? Suite loungers on the pool deck?

Loyalty and Suite privileges are 2 different things right? Isn't Rccl just rewarding them in different ways?

I'm totally baffled... Please help

Oh, also if I'm not a Diamond member or above but book a suite, do I get 3 free drinks loaded on my Seapass? Just curious..:confused:

Can you please enlighten me on the major downgrade? I'm not being funny, I truly don't understand? :confused:

I just turned Diamond so I guess I want to know what disappointments I'm in for. ;)

But believe me I am truly happy to be diamond and being able to go into any lounge (Diamond or Concierge)

It's been explained several times. The CL and DL were not equivalent on Oasis Class. The CL on Oasis Class served made to order hot breakfast and lunch, with complimentary soda, beer, and wine at lunch.

Edited by clarea

It's been explained several times. The CL and DL were not equivalent on Oasis Class. The CL on Oasis Class served made to order hot breakfast and lunch, with complimentary soda, beer, and wine at lunch.

Oh thanks Bob!!

So all this is over 2 ships in a fleet of 23? Really?

okaaaaay......

D+ used to have access to BOTH Lounges. Now they only have access to one( or to be precise, on those ships that do not have a CL any more.. which may or may not be Fleet wide in the coming months when the new suite perks are announced)

so they are getting their access cut in half. and if the Ds are still allowed access to the D lounge it will become three times as crowded as it already is.

it is also a possibility that the D Lounges will be restricted to just D+, so all the Ds will also lose out on that access. let's just ignore or set aside the 3 drinks loaded on to your card for use nightly during cocktail hour. it's not like you are allowed to get anything fancy under that program.

as a NON D or D+ suite passenger, I do feel as if I should not be forced to stand up in the CL during the nightly cocktail hour because the place is over run with D+, who have more options than I do( the other lounge, the coupons) especially since I am paying that premium and am not impressed by the bragging of Mr D+ who sails in his interior cabin and paid a whole lot less than I did.

If you just turned Diamond, you won't get into any concierge lounges. You need to be D+ for concierge lounge access. You will get access to Diamond lounge.

If you just turned Diamond, you won't get into any concierge lounges. You need to be D+ for concierge lounge access. You will get access to Diamond lounge.

Sorry, I wasn't saying that now that I'm Diamond I get access to "any" lounge, I was just saying that i am happy to get access to "a" lounge, thats all. I understand I don't get access to the concierge lounge, unless of course I fork out the money and buy a suite (or like I have in the past and get room #6305 on the Freedom Class):D. And I have to agree with the previous poster, when we had access to the concierge lounge on the Indy last year it was packed, you couldn't find a seat.

and if the Ds are still allowed access to the D lounge it will become three times as crowded as it already is.

It shouldn't be three times as crowded, as there are not three times as many D+'s (I can't offer a guess as to how much more crowded it would get, though).

Royal Caribbean wants people to buy the drink packages. That is why they have raised the cocktail prices, making it a no brainer for people who drink a certain amount. They have put the 3 free drinks on the sea pass card for Diamond and above. Give Diamonds and Diamond plus a discount on the drink packages. That will clear out the lounges at crowded times during the cocktail hour.

But there is no Concierge Lounge on Celebrity, so how is that an improvement over Royal? :confused:

Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face, to me.

As for voicing your disappointment, best to vote with your dollars by giving them to another cruise line.

Add me to the list that would buy the drink package if there was a discount for D+ (say 30%). If they really wanted to cut back they could do what the airlines do and say you loose your status of you don't sail once a year (or 18 months).

Not happy banned from the C-Lounge as a diamond. Now getting booted from the renamed C-Lounge the new suite lounge. Sorry not happy about the new changes. No reason to get to D+.

If combining, does anyone know if they are upgrading the beer, wine, liquor selections? Diamond beer selection sucks IMHO. Can't get a craft beer!

If combining, does anyone know if they are upgrading the beer, wine, liquor selections? Diamond beer selection sucks IMHO. Can't get a craft beer!

The DL and CL beer selections have always been the same.

as a NON D or D+ suite passenger, I do feel as if I should not be forced to stand up in the CL during the nightly cocktail hour because the place is over run with D+, who have more options than I do( the other lounge, the coupons) especially since I am paying that premium and am not impressed by the bragging of Mr D+ who sails in his interior cabin and paid a whole lot less than I did.

This is the statement that corporate really needs to pay attention to. They DO read this forum. If you want suite guests to be happy and they have no other lounge or voucher options, you need to address the above issue. And it Is an issue.

The long drawn out Royal suite program/announcement is taking way too long. Taking this long is giving people time to explore other lines and this NCL that many speak of that has the best suite amenities.;) [and a pretty good promotion right now]

I have an NCL booked for hubby and I and a few weeks later a RCCL family vacay. It's going to be my Moms first cruise and she'll be in a suite. Most of us have the options but Mom and girlfriends don't. Whoever does a better job will get my future business. That simple.

Royal-when it comes to suites, I'm not the only one thinking like this. :cool:

Sorry, I wasn't saying that now that I'm Diamond I get access to "any" lounge, I was just saying that i am happy to get access to "a" lounge, thats all. I understand I don't get access to the concierge lounge, unless of course I fork out the money and buy a suite (or like I have in the past and get room #6305 on the Freedom Class):D. And I have to agree with the previous poster, when we had access to the concierge lounge on the Indy last year it was packed, you couldn't find a seat.

No problem:D

By the way, if you think the CL's on the bigger ships are busy, when we were on the Jewel in November there wasn't even standing room:eek: you were lucky if you could get in the door. I will see if it improves in the summer months:D

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the Diamond lounge on Harmony on deck 4 beside the Jazz lounge and Oasis/Allure it is on deck 11/12? The Diamond lounge looks like it would be much bigger and nicer on Allure and Oasis than on Harmony deck 4. Are Oasis and Allure not getting Wonderland?

Edited by fish6

For the time being no plans for Wonderland on Oasis and Allure but YES on Harmony.

Quantum class does still have a Concierge Lounge on deck 12 where D+, Pinnacles and Suite guests can go. No hot lunch or breakfast however like used to be served on Oasis class.

Why is the Diamond lounge on Harmony on deck 4 beside the Jazz lounge and Oasis/Allure it is on deck 11/12? The Diamond lounge looks like it would be much bigger and nicer on Allure and Oasis than on Harmony deck 4. Are Oasis and Allure not getting Wonderland?

Deck 4 used to be used for overflow D lounge in blazes. Now they are juggling around deck 4 venues. Why deck 4 for D lounge? Because it is non prime real estate. No sea views on O or A

Deck 4 used to be used for overflow D lounge in blazes. Now they are juggling around deck 4 venues. Why deck 4 for D lounge? Because it is non prime real estate. No sea views on O or A

But there is no Concierge Lounge on Celebrity, so how is that an improvement over Royal? :confused:

Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face, to me.

As for voicing your disappointment, best to vote with your dollars by giving them to another cruise line.

I don't think you understand what sailnsee is saying, as I agree with sailnsee.

We too have really enjoyed the CL as our evening event over the DL and having access to a concierge that will actually do things is a big perk. Celebrity's evening event was only equable to Diamond level event and that is about it.

For d+ being deflated to basically a D, now equates to Celebrity's elite status. So losing that big RCI perk makes one potentially look at sailing Celebrity who does have other redeeming qualities RCI doesn't have.

I am of the opinion that children should not accumulate loyalty points. Points should start to accumulate at age 18. A child is not loyal to a company, the parent is.

I am sure that there are many a diamond plus teenager out there that hasn't paid for a single ice cream cone. Their parent has already accumulated the points.

I totally agree