Sunday: Lilly Pulitzer for Target

shipgeeks

Not happy Lilly Pulitzer will be a Target item. :(

LuLu

She's probably turning in her grave. :rolleyes:

LuLu

Yes and yes.

As a corollary, the Vera Wang clothes at Kohl's should make Vera embarrassed to have her name on them with the poor quality and workmanship.

Next, someone will be messing with Jack Rogers sandals.

Edited by iheartbda

Hmmmm... The designer collaborations with Target are not as nice as they used to be. I prefer H&M's pseudo-designer items as the price point is more realistic. Most of the Target items aren't even in stores anymore and sell out quickly online because of low quantities. And to try and reinforce the idea that people "love" them. I haven't been impressed by the recent offerings but I'll take a peek and then see what goes on sale in a few weeks.

Got to my local Target at 8:10 and everything was GONE! People had their shopping carts piled high. I just wanted one item! So mad. The return policy is only 14 days for this line so hoping to score when items are returned to my local Target.

It was only a one time thing, like Jason Wu. Everything is gone anyway, sold out online in 20 minutes.

I didn't realize it was only a one time thing. I looked at eBay last night and there were already things there. If it wasn't coming out til today, how could people have been listing yesterday?

Lois, Lilly isn't for everyone. There are some brands I don't wear, Chicos for one that lots like. The old, different strokes....:)

Edited by iheartbda

Yes and yes.

As a corollary, the Vera Wang clothes at Kohl's should make Vera embarrassed to have her name on them with the poor quality and workmanship.

Next, someone will be messing with Jack Rogers sandals.

I agree.

I think there are people who buy out the entire stock in seconds, create a demand for it that way and resell it quickly at large profit.

If Target wanted to actually have a 'treat' for their customers, they would limit the amount one is permitted to purchase both on line and in the stores.

Yes, I know whole families would get into the act and each would buy the limit but at least the average customer would have a chance.

I don't really care for Target too much and this does not endear me to them.

To be honest,I had never heard of Lily Pulitzer until Target got in the act. After googling her website, as well as Targets, IMO, I can't believe people went crazy over this. :D

Sherri:)

Hi Sherri, she is very famous and many of the major dept stores carry

her stuff.......as mentioned earlier, Different strokes for different folks.

If Target wanted to actually have a 'treat' for their customers, they would limit the amount one is permitted to purchase both on line and in the stores.

Target did limit the number of items you could purchase from this special collection online. I have no idea about stores.

To be honest,I had never heard of Lily Pulitzer until Target got in the act. After googling her website, as well as Targets, IMO, I can't believe people went crazy over this. :D

Sherri:)

I remember when my grandmother and grandfather moved to Fort Lauderdale in the early 1970s. They previously lived in Chicago. She was thrilled to toss out all her heavy wool knits (some of which were beautiful Italian-made pieces) and buy at least a week's worth of Lilly Pulitzer shifts in those bright prints.

Never my cup of tea. Now if I could have those Italian knit pieces.....

Hi Sherri, she is very famous and many of the major dept stores carry

her stuff.......as mentioned earlier, Different strokes for different folks.

The "she" has been dead since 2013 ant her designs are from the 50's and 60's

Florida at it's worst as far as I'm concerned.

The "she" has been dead since 2013 ant her designs are from the 50's and 60's

Florida at it's worst as far as I'm concerned.

I was just trying to let Sherri know who she is...(was).....since she

said she had never heard of Lilly Pulitzer.

As for Florida at its worst? I have never thought about enough to

care one way or the other......Personally, I just don't like the style.

Edited by Lois R

As far as prices go, you'd probably be better off getting a "real" (regular line) piece on sale from someplace like Nordstroms. I've been (laptop) shopping for a reunion dress and the dresses are less than $200 online. That's cheaper than a Target piece on ebay, and I know which one I'd prefer!

I am returning things I picked up then changed my mind about at home, and several of my friends are too. I would just keep checking in over the next week (there was a 14 day return limit) and maybe you'll get lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still checking out Target almost daily hoping to score a return. I refuse to pay Ebay prices. I am determined to get a shift dress for my upcoming October cruise :)

People have gone crazy with the Target Lilly pricing and right now eBay is flooded with those. Things may settle down after the initial frenzy has worn off. I also noticed that just about all listings are a Buy It Now rather than an auction so no chance to get a bargain.

As far as prices go, you'd probably be better off getting a "real" (regular line) piece on sale from someplace like Nordstroms. I've been (laptop) shopping for a reunion dress and the dresses are less than $200 online. That's cheaper than a Target piece on ebay, and I know which one I'd prefer!

I agree. Also, I have gotten any number of "real" Lilly dresses, new with tags, on eBay for in the $60 range.

I should jump on the band wagon and sell some Lilly on eBay. :D If anyone is near Phila. there is a yearly warehouse sale usually in June.

Still checking out Target almost daily hoping to score a return. I refuse to pay Ebay prices. I am determined to get a shift dress for my upcoming October cruise :)

If your ship has a stop in Key West, there is a Lily store there. :) ...very near to Mallory Dock.