Carnival Spirit running late...21 April

Yeah me too actually.

I assume they'll be traveling around rather than just staying still and bobbing up and down?

One of our first cruises was hit by Cyclone Monica, it was fantastic.

Yep they're moving must be costing Carnival a penny in fuel. it will also upset the next itinerary.

I don't think it would be very comfortable on board. :)

Presumably the passengers put their luggage out on the last night (as usual), and it is now stored in the lower decks. I think it would be too difficult to take the luggage back to passengers because cases wouldn't have cabin numbers on, just the disembarkation group number. Therefore people are living for a day or two with only the few things they kept to carry off in their hand luggage.

. :)

Passengers on Carnival are encouraged to carry their own luggage off the ship. It's only passengers that need assistance who put there bags out. So that is usually the elderly and people with disabilities. We were given a label with our cabin number.

From reports on board, sounds like the crew are doing a good job of looking after the passengers.Feel sorry for any of the passengers who are suffering sea sickness. Hope they can dock tomorrow morning.

Biggest concern in Sydney atm, apart from power outages and major public transport delays, is trees coming down. Hubby had lengthy train trip home tonight due to tree on the tracks and I came across a large tree which had just crashed and was blocking the entire road as I was driving to station to pick hubby up. Passed the firies who were on their way to move it as I was backtracking. Not nice to be on the roads at all atm.

Edited by aussielozzie18

I can't imagine how awful it must be for those poor passengers on Spirit. There is some really nasty weather out there at the moment and it may not let up until tomorrow evening.

We've just started getting thunderstorms on the Lower North Shore, and the rain radar is not a pretty sight!

Hope everyone on board, and on land, gets through this storm OK.

Just had a look at the Live Ships Map http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Looks like quite a few ships stooging around off the coast of Sydney. Spirit looks like it's heading south at the moment.

Screen grab Wednesday 22 April at 7am local time.

rhu9ar.jpg

The blue line is Spirits track up and down the coast.

Several ships out there now waiting to come in.....they will all probably need a pilot as well so that could delay them further.

I trust Carnival Spirit has plenty of fuel on board and was not relying on refuelling yesterday.:eek:

Just had a look at the Live Ships Map http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Looks like quite a few ships stooging around off the coast of Sydney. Spirit looks like it's heading south at the moment.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry must have hit the wrong post to quote, was actually referring to David's but appreciate everyone's.

Hope Sydney doesn't get it as bad as Hunter got it yesterday, we had a couple of fatalities.

Edited by GUT2407