Power bars

cherrypop

We take a whole box of the full size for consumption while in a port away from the ship in case we need something to snack on or for a burst of energy. Never had any problem taking them on or off of the ship as they are wrapped and unopened.

happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

What a great idea. I'm adding protein bars to my packing list!

if you are in the caribbean or a very hot place try to get the kind without the chocolate coating to prevent the chocolate mess.

happy cruising🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞

Did you mean power bar (as in food), or "power strip" (as in electronic plug-in extension)?

Hehe... I'm guessing they meant the latter, since they referred to it in the singular, and specified "mini" (although I'm sure lots of companies do make "mini" versions of some of the popular energy snacks)

I'm in the camp which assumes that the OP is asking about power bars for electronics. If so, we take a small (5" in length) Belkin strip which is extremely handy.

The 5" belkin is a good choice, but as someone suggested, don't get the chocolate covered one if your sailing in the tropics....

I actually thought this thread had something to do with health/gym type stuff...

But don't they discourage people from bringing these strips?

I thought for sure it was on the list of prohibited items on the terms and conditions, but the website currently says that you cannot bring extension cords.

The 5" belkin is a good choice, but as someone suggested, don't get the chocolate covered one if your sailing in the tropics....

I actually thought this thread had something to do with health/gym type stuff...

Ahhh ghstudio -- you just made me laugh!

Now that I think about it, it does seem electronic rather than protein.

What a fun thread!

But don't they discourage people from bringing these strips?

I think that I first read a recommendation about the small Belkin power bar/strip on Cruise Critic. But we've had it sitting on our desk for a number of cruises now and no stateroom attendant has ever made a comment about it.

We bring both Belkin and protein bars.

Never a problem.

There's plenty to eat on the ship but the protein bars are great for tours and the long flights home.

The Belkin is perfect. It takes up little room and has both usb and regular outlets.

Just a friendly reminder....

If you do bring a strip of any sort on your trip...please be careful about voltage. The Belkin and some other strips are 110-120V...not safe for 220-240. I say that because some who stay in a European hotel before/after the cruise who use an adapter plug so that you can plug a US appliance into 220V (assuming you have a 110-240V appliance)...and then they plug the power strip rated at 110V into that adapter which is plugged in to 240V. DON"T DO IT>

Can we bring a mini power bar onboard with us?
If you try to bring your own on board, it may be confiscated by security.

However, it should not be necessary as they are usually provided in the gym.

stock-photo-sport-bodybuilding-lifestyle-and-people-concept-young-man-and-woman-with-barbell-flexing-238825903.jpg

For those who want/need more than just a mini, they have the heavy duty versions too. ;)

stock-photo-young-professional-bodybuilder-working-out-doing-squats-with-barbell-242985382.jpg

stock-photo-weight-lifter-at-the-bench-press-lifting-a-barbell-on-an-incline-bench-245915032.jpg

Just a friendly reminder....

If you do bring a strip of any sort on your trip...please be careful about voltage. The Belkin and some other strips are 110-120V...not safe for 220-240. I say that because some who stay in a European hotel before/after the cruise who use an adapter plug so that you can plug a US appliance into 220V (assuming you have a 110-240V appliance)...and then they plug the power strip rated at 110V into that adapter which is plugged in to 240V. DON"T DO IT>

I made that mistake. I blacked out several rooms in a British B&B w my power bar. The owner did not believe that my little power bar could do that so she plugged in into one of the kitchen outlets and we blacked out the kitchen,

The problem is some of the models that have surge suppressors in them.

DON

I bring a bel kin with 3 additional outlets and 2 USB ports. I got it on Amazon & it helped a lot. Also try a Halo portable charger... Some models charge 3 devices at a time (different plugs - iPad, camera, iPhone 5 or 6) and the unit holds power for a month before needing to be charger itself. Amazon or QVC has those.