Reporting in from a slow boat to Vancouver...

shrimp56

Love your attitude RevNeal! On the subject of bathrooms, I will take pictures of the new ones in the Neptune Suites. Pretty much the same as before but spanking new.

The redo in Ocean Bar is quite good. The new rugs everywhere remind me of the kids' Crayon Scratch Off boards, very busy with lots of busy lines in them. Pictures will be acquired and posted.

Zaandam had "something" done to their Explorer's Lounge, but hopefully not as dismal as VolendLam's. Any reports would be appreciated, especially pictures.

We are at sea in the fog with the horn sounding regularly, with only a gentle roll. So far, good. Taste of Asia was delicious and a lot of fun. I will try to get pictures up soon. This afternoon is a sake tasting, among the selections, at least one from HD James Deering's personal stash.

Other wise it's a dam fine day here

Looking forward to your pictures.

Have fun at the sake tasting.

- great review,, I almost took this cruise last year, but couldn't swing it at that time, I luv multi sea days, I did the north Atlantic on the Maasdam ,going through a major storm, it was my best cruise to date ,,--:)

Edited by maxie99

Ÿep. Nice guy. He came to our Meet & Greet, even though he was supposed to be at the Neptune Lounge reception too! Asked him if he knew the way across the North Pacific. He said he was just following Princess. Apparently they are out there someplace ahead of us.

Re: laundry. I think they still have by the bag and the fee for unlimited for the whole cruise. I'll check on the laundromat.

:D- that's so funny--just following princess--

Just as a side note that may interest some: Volendam, 2012: Auckland-Sydney-Vancouver: Captain Baijens was at the helm with Staff Captain Rens van Eerteen (he of Westerdam tooting fame). Captain Baijens was very guest-oriented/friendly; Captain van Eerteen has followe his mentor very well.

I'll be on this cruise in 2016 and I have questions about laundry. Is the self-service laundry still there? How much does it cost for the washer and dryer? Is there soap available for purchase? Does the ship offer unlimited laundry and, if so, how much per day is it? Do they offer to do a bag of laundry for a certain price? Is this offer only on certain days or on any day?

Thanks for any answers you may have.

The washer is 8 quarters and the dryer is 4 quarters.

Also trying to tender in, but it is a VERY slow process.........

Helaine

Wonderful day in Kodiak. A long time Internet friend took us around. He is an excellent landscape and nature photographer. It alternated sun and rain, but we managed to visit a number of beautiful locations. Had a tasty fried cod sandwich at Henry's Great Alaska Restaurant.

This afternoon is the sea trials from the shipbuilding contest in Lido pool. Should be fun! Tomorrow Sitka. We will be self- touring, retracing my steps from over 30 years ago. Then a final sea day, then...

Internet and your reporter have both been not reliable. Sorry.

Thank-you for taking the time to report your adventure.The DW has this cruise on "our" bucket list for 2016/2017. Also hoping HAL comes to it's senses on the Explorer's Lounge.

Edited by freestyling
dang spelling errors :)

Indeed, I was happy to hear from nearly as high-up as one can aboard ship that the Explorers Lounge remodeling disaster will be "fixed" this June. So ... take heart. I don't know the details, but it is supposed to look more like the remodel of the Amsterdam's Explorers Lounge. I've not seen that, but I was told that it will be a significant improvement over that indignity aboard the Volendam.

Indeed, I was happy to hear from nearly as high-up as one can aboard ship that the Explorers Lounge remodeling disaster will be "fixed" this June. So ... take heart. I don't know the details, but it is supposed to look more like the remodel of the Amsterdam's Explorers Lounge. I've not seen that, but I was told that it will be a significant improvement over that indignity aboard the Volendam.

Yes, that would be a huge improvement!! Amsterdam's is normal, comfortable and inviting!

Looking forward to photos and or a review if you have the time to post.

Thanks again for the twitter photos.

That is good news.

InTHeWASide posted pictures of the Explorer's Lounge. What a horrible mess.

Home, FINALLY.

What a wonderful journey we had!

Welcome home shrimp56, earlier in the thread you mentioned that you would post a photo of the updated Neptune Suite, would appreciate seeing it if you have time to post.

Am very pleased to hear that the Explorers Lounge will be "fixed" in June.