Sky Suites getting Michael's Club access?

cle-guy

And is the concierge going to be able to give the same service?

Is the bar tender going to be able to give the same service ?

Cle Guy, in the UK we call focus on quantity ie number of seats over quality ie service a "bums on seats" mentality

I hope that X is not seeing suites as "bums on seats" because very very recently they were upselling CS and above on the basis of access to Michaels. I am sure there must be some who jumped from SS who will now feel very peed off

I agree an official, well thought out, non ambiguous statement is needed from an authorised representative of the cruiseline on this board

Thank you.

I hope we hear from the X official soon.

Well I'm glad to hear that some have received their Captains' Club newsletters. I haven't, but that's par for the course with Celebrity.

To me, the primary benefit of Michaels is the concierge.

Linda

YEAH! what she said.

I'd, at this point, be thrilled just to get the dang emails from Celebrity. And no, they're not in my spam, and yes I've called Celebrity and Captain's Club (as I would be Linda has).

I decided to look at the new spring news letter from X. It does say Our 6 types of suites all have their own style. You will have access to Michael`s lounge. Does not mention except sky suites. I could see where some Sky suite guests would be upset to be denied access.

Thanks for the link.

Really wish the Captain's club letter was sent to _all_ members. Am guessing it's just sent to those in the US/Canada, as I've never received it (though receive other e-mail).

The attraction to MC has nothing to do with the space, it could be called anything, be just about anywhere moderately convenient on the ship, and decorated in anyway that generally met the style of the ship. What makes the space special is the atmosphere created by the PEOPLE and the service from the STAFF. On some cruises it's been more special than other to us, same room, same space, different people. Except for the extra services from the concierge which we do value highly, I could say the same thing about the martini bar, restaurants and maybe even the pool.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

I suspect this is just another case of both bad proofreading and marketing not communicating with other departments in HQ. It will be interesting to see how Celebrity handles it.

If this were an actual change I think Celebrity Cruises would have posted it prior to the eblast from marketing. Given the space in Michael's club, I also doubt that they have decided to now give their top paying customers a potentially crowded venue....that's so counter to making them feel special (enough to pay the high prices).

Edited by ghstudio

I suspect this is just another case of both bad proofreading and marketing not communicating with other departments in HQ. It will be interesting to see how Celebrity handles it.

If this were an actual change I think Celebrity Cruises would have posted it prior to the eblast from marketing. Given the space in Michael's club, I also doubt that they have decided to now give their top paying customers a potentially crowded venue....that's so counter to making them feel special (enough to pay the high prices).

Whilst I tend to agree if it is an error, I hope they get the correction out quickly or it's going to be a joke onboard

I am 99% sure that this is just another mindless typo, reminiscent of one typo in April 2014 leading some to become excited that Celebrity was going to install a baby grand piano in each Royal Suite.

I knew that one was a typo because there's simply no space to accommodate a baby grand in the RSs. In fact, I mentioned that to Curt than.

And the very basic, fundamental common sense applies this time as well: there is simply NO SPACE in any of the Michael's Clubs to accommodate the massive influx of guests from S1s and S2s.

Besides, allowing guests from S1s and S2s to access Michael's Club during the cruise will make a total mockery of Celebrity's strategic plan to make MC exclusive, as several senior executives pointed out to me since April last year. Allowing a bunch of guests from junior suites to run amok in MC will simply degrades and cheapens the space.

So if sky suites get access, access goes from roughly 18 cabins to 60 cabins or so, and there was a time it included access from 1000 cabins. :eek:

!

And when it was available to everyone it was generally empty and poorly used. Now it is a suite place, everyone want in!!

Gordon

DW & I have always liked Michaels on the M Class ships, when it was a lounge and had a piano player or singer, or both.

It still did in at least one ship although Celebrity has sold it. Last fall, I sailed 45 consecutive days in the Century, where concierge Sylvia brought in musicians (classical, jazz, guitar) every day and evening for us. We had art history lectures, sushi cooking classes, mixology classes, concerts, afternoon high teas in Michael's Club everyday. I know it's not fleet-wise, unfortunately, as I didn't see similar offerings on the Equinox, Summit, Silhouette, Millennium or the Reflection.

Edited by Kinofdc

I've just spoken to Captains Club in the UK and they said that sky suites definatly do not have access to MC:(. The rep I spoke to refered to her supervisor and he confirmed and will "bring to the attention of thier media dept the inconsistancy":D

Edited by groryjm

I am 99% sure that this is just another mindless typo, reminiscent of one typo in April 2014 leading some to become excited that Celebrity was going to install a baby grand piano in each Royal Suite.

I knew that one was a typo because there's simply no space to accommodate a baby grand in the RSs. In fact, I mentioned that to Curt than.

And the very basic, fundamental common sense applies this time as well: there is simply NO SPACE in any of the Michael's Clubs to accommodate the massive influx of guests from S1s and S2s.

Besides, allowing guests from S1s and S2s to access Michael's Club during the cruise will make a total mockery of Celebrity's strategic plan to make MC exclusive, as several senior executives pointed out to me since April last year. Allowing a bunch of guests from junior suites to run amok in MC will simply degrades and cheapens the space.

I don't disagree it's a mistake. I don't disagree that allowing additional passengers is not Celebrity's strategy. I don't disagree allowing additional passengers would change the experience (which is what we're paying for when we buy a cruise, experiences). I think your statement bolded above is however off the mark. The expansion of guests has nothing to do with guests who wouldn't even "run amok". Many guest who pay less and sail in a lower "class" Sky Suite have more "class" than those who sail in upper level suites and have access to Michael's Club. You can't buy class; this has been highlighted by a number of posters on threads previously and I think your post actually does the same.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Really? Ye Gawds [emoji33] the horror of the junior suite people running AMOK with the other suite guests.

And can you imagine the riff riff outside those golden doors of Michaels club from the 'generic cabins' that seem to be running rampart over the rest of the ship??. it's Outrageous I tell you !![emoji36][emoji43][emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Allowing a bunch of guests from junior suites to run amok in MC will simply degrades and cheapens the space.

groannnnnnnnnnnn! Does Lwaxana Troi really exists.

Edited by ghstudio

I decided to look at the new spring news letter from X. It does say Our 6 types of suites all have their own style. You will have access to Michael`s lounge. Does not mention except sky suites. I could see where some Sky suite guests would be upset to be denied access.

It also says that all suite guests get "premium all-in benefits".

I am sure this is the unlimited specialty dining, unlimited internet, premium beverage package, etc that ONLY the Royal & higher suites receive.

So if Sky Suites get Michaels Club then they must also get all of the above listed benefits also.

Obviously a case of listing all of the benefits w/o delineating which cabin categories get which !!!

And when it was available to everyone it was generally empty and poorly used. Now it is a suite place, everyone want in!!

Gordon

It's the exclusiveness of the idea.

Like Yogi Berra said, "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded".

Here is the revised, or different version, that is posted on the =X= website.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/c5f0e62a#/c5f0e62a/12

This is different than the one received in the mail. Does =X= think they can just change the newsletter and everybody will be happy without an explanation and an apology?

Sorry, even though the web site says Spring 2015 Newsletter, the link directs to Spring 2014 newsletter.

Apologies (not for the =X= web site, but for not noticing)

Ken

Here is the revised, or different version, that is posted on the =X= website.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/c5f0e62a#/c5f0e62a/12

This is actually the 2014 version and I assume is an old link they haven't updated yet :mad:. If you look below at the links on the same page( celebritycruises.com/captains-club/news-letters )

This is what you get....

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/2d1c5aa2#/2d1c5aa2/18

Edited by groryjm

I don't disagree it's a mistake. I don't disagree that allowing additional passengers is not Celebrity's strategy. I don't disagree allowing additional passengers would change the experience (which is what we're paying for when we buy a cruise, experiences). I think your statement bolded above is however off the mark. The expansion of guests has nothing to do with guests who wouldn't even "run amok". Many guest who pay less and sail in a lower "class" Sky Suite have more "class" than those who sail in upper level suites and have access to Michael's Club. You can't buy class; this has been highlighted by a number of posters on threads previously and I think your post actually does the same.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Well said! Thanks!