MS Maasdam - Sail Away - May 1

Good tooting Maasdam and good waving Alberta Quilter.:):)

She wins the waving trophy :) What a great itinerary. They will have a wonderful time.

Edited by qsuzi

Was that Alberta Quilter in the pink blouse standing 2 people down from the person waiving the giant shamrock?

Just after they finally got the last line unjammed, the captain reported a smoke alarm in the bridge. Hope this is not an omen for this cruise......

Wow-got to see sailaway. Rushed to the library after my dance class, it's closer than going home. Maasdam was just pulling away from the dock. I saw

Alberta Quilter and the green shamrock, I had met her on a previous cruise. What a wonderful day for a sailaway in Fort Lauderdale.

We are on the jetty along the starboard side with my <3 Maasdam banner. Saying one final goodbye to my girl, Maasdam, before I head to maritime school. Captain Smit, Ms. Catherine Williams and the rest of the bridge waved to me when I was over there earlier.

Anyone who wants to keep in touch I am on facebook and will be posting my maritime adventures. Also available on email. Who knows, maybe in a couple years I will be on the bridge for sail away!

Good luck with your studies! You sound like a very personable individual. I hope that your desire to be employed by HAL comes true. Holland America Line is in need of guest-friendly officials aboard their ships.

Not sure how to post a screen shot here. Help?

Not sure I can help you. I take snips put them on my HD and then upload them to the thread. If you look below when you are replying to a thread you will see 'manage attactments', thats what I do.

Edited by PathfinderEss

Not sure how to post a screen shot here. Help?

I think you have to have a photo-sharing site, like Photobucket, or use Tapatalk. Tapatalk is easier, but I only have it on my ipad, so if I have a photo on my computer, I use photobucket. There is a thread on CC on "How to Post Photos."

Toast to POA. Some party or craft stores have them. Don't know what stores are in your area.

I'm talking something in the 5 foot range, not one of those tiny stadium hands. :D

Glad you guys saw us; we weren't very sure about which condo had the webcam so we waved at all three! Yes, that was me in the pink shirt! We're off! DM likes the new room but she thinks it was a free upgrade! If she finds out it wasn't, she'll be too used to it. But she'll be PO'd if she finds out how much!

I think you have to have a photo-sharing site, like Photobucket, or use Tapatalk. Tapatalk is easier, but I only have it on my ipad, so if I have a photo on my computer, I use photobucket. There is a thread on CC on "How to Post Photos."

I've posted other pics on CC, but wasn't sure about screen shots. Thanks!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Glad you guys saw us; we weren't very sure about which condo had the webcam so we waved at all three! Yes, that was me in the pink shirt! We're off! DM likes the new room but she thinks it was a free upgrade! If she finds out it wasn't, she'll be too used to it. But she'll be PO'd if she finds out how much!

This is an old picture, because it predates Point of Americas I getting blue-green glass balconies. That probably puts it circa 2008. Other than that, it's completely accurate. After you start to exit the turning basin, you'll see a "short" condo, right up against the channel. That's Sky Harbor. The webcam is on the southwest corner, about 3 or 4 stories up from ground level.

This photo is from the Port Everglades Webcam site.

wave_location_1.jpg

You'll see Point of Americas I & II next. You'll also see a rounded, partial circle building behind Sky Harbor, to its north. That's Everglades House.

Here are a couple other photos to help with your wave requests. Just remember that the camera is in the shorter, yellow-colored building, on the southwest corner - closest to you, and a few nautical blocks further from the Atlantic.

92520131152554492.jpg

POINT-OF-AMERICAS-IMG_0015.jpg

The last image is courtesy of Brian Hero, a Realtor in our building. He's a very nice guy, and I'm sorry about the photo size.

Edited by POA1