Princess Cruises 2016/2017 Americas

dmwnc1959

Thanks for posting this Dave. I for one am very excited about some new 7 day itineraries from Princess, finally. I like the idea of the new DR port as well as some itineraries having Antigua or St. Kitts. I do wish that Princess would start going to Tortola again though, I love that island and it hasn't been part of a 7 day Princess itinerary in many years and now that they are expanding their docks Princess should return.

Hmm, looking through those, looks to me like we might not be doing a cruise over christmas break in 2016 like we normally would because they just really seem to line up badly with my wife's time off. Heck, even the standard 7 days out of FLL seems to be going off on a Friday instead of the weekend, which just doesn't work for us.

I just emailed my TA to have her snag a specific cabin for me as soon as bookings open. Very excited!

I guess she already has a list going, for several clients. We're not impatient or anything. Lol. :D

I just emailed my TA to have her snag a specific cabin for me as soon as bookings open. Very excited!

I guess she already has a list going, for several clients. We're not impatient or anything. Lol. :D

I did the same thing yesterday. My TA tried to make the booking but was told by Princess that the loading into the booking system of the new schedules was not completed yet.

Is any one else surprised that there is ONLY one voyage round trip from Los Angeles/Panama Canal?

Looks like they're testing the waters, so to speak. If the voyage is successful, it may encourage them to expand the sailing the year after...

I did the same thing yesterday. My TA tried to make the booking but was told by Princess that the loading into the booking system of the new schedules was not completed yet.

hmmm beginning to wonder if I should shop around for a new TA...as mine stated he couldn't book til they opened 5/21 and also that he had no info on dates and stuff...but it looks like you all have TAs that get that info...wonder why mine doesn't. Also my TA comes in later so I am going to courtesy hold or book with princess and transfer as we want a specific room which I hear goes fast so I want to make sure I get it.

Dave,

Thanks for all the great information. I'm looking forward to some new destinations with Princess next year. As usual, you are wonderful source of info.

Ron

hmmm beginning to wonder if I should shop around for a new TA...as mine stated he couldn't book til they opened 5/21 and also that he had no info on dates and stuff...but it looks like you all have TAs that get that info...wonder why mine doesn't. Also my TA comes in later so I am going to courtesy hold or book with princess and transfer as we want a specific room which I hear goes fast so I want to make sure I get it.

Well, my TA won't be able to book until the 21st either - but she's on top of the dates & times. Hopefully, she'll be able to get the cabin I want.

And my TA just posted that Princess has just cancelled the 28 day Sydney to LA cruise that she had multiple clients booked on. :(

Is that why the cruise shows as sold out on the website? I wonder if it was truly sold out, that would make for a lot of cancellations!

Well, my TA won't be able to book until the 21st either - but she's on top of the dates & times. Hopefully, she'll be able to get the cabin I want.

I can get that he can't book it since that is what others are saying..but I wonder why he says he doesnt have access to dates and stuff...when clearly other TAs get that info and share...unless his company has a policy that he cant share the info before it is public knowledge..I dont want to get him in trouble but just thought it odd that mine is all silent.

It's a shame that we have lost/will lose two of our favorites ships from the West Coast, the Sapphire and the Golden, to Australia and Asia [emoji27][emoji27][emoji27] We also would like to do a TP from LA to Australia or Asia but September of this year just doesn't work for us.

Edited by IECalCruiser

The Canada land-sea tours that include Montreal and Ottawa are intriguing, though likely priced too high to be realistic. Looking forward to learning more about the 5 night Canada/NE cruises. I didn't see them on the spreadsheet.

The Canada land-sea tours that include Montreal and Ottawa are intriguing, though likely priced too high to be realistic. Looking forward to learning more about the 5 night Canada/NE cruises. I didn't see them on the spreadsheet.

There are 2 tabs on the spreadsheet..did you go to the other tab? That tab shows all the cruises opening on May21...the tab it opens to are for the cruisetours.

There are 2 tabs on the spreadsheet..did you go to the other tab? That tab shows all the cruises opening on May21...the tab it opens to are for the cruisetours.

Thanks! I should have noticed it. Found it:) Does/will the Regal sail from Brooklyn or Manhattan? The last I checked, Princess consistently sailed from Brooklyn, but I confess I haven't paid much attention.

Thanks! I should have noticed it. Found it:) Does/will the Regal sail from Brooklyn or Manhattan? The last I checked, Princess consistently sailed from Brooklyn, but I confess I haven't paid much attention.

Normally sails out of Red Hook, Brooklyn.

It's a shame that we have lost/will lose two of our favorites ships from the West Coast, the Sapphire and the Golden, to Australia and Asia [emoji27][emoji27][emoji27] We also would like to do a TP from LA to Australia or Asia but September of this year just doesn't work for us.

No offense intended to my CC friends down under, but I think it's not cool that Princess is repositioning many of their non Royal/Regal/R3 ships to the AUS,SP, Aisa market. Send all three ships down under and give us back the Diamond and Sapphire.......:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

No offense intended to my CC friends down under, but I think it's not cool that Princess is repositioning many of their non Royal/Regal/R3 ships to the AUS,SP, Aisa market. Send all three ships down under and give us back the Diamond and Sapphire.......:):):)

Bob

I agree it is starting to limit the trips we can take closer to home

Bob

Sorry Bob but on this I will disagree with you on. I would like at least one new ship always close to home. Variety is the spice of life and I like alternatives. :)

I just heard that the R3 ship will be based in China. China???:eek::eek:

I guess I'll just have to grab the maiden TA or something. Done Royal. Done Regal. Can't miss R3!!

No TA involved from Europe to China.