FAO Celebrity Official - Luninae answers needed please!

Mynki

GazW,

Breakfast, lunch, dinner are three meals per day

Brunch and dinner are only two

Breakfast and dinner also only two

That's the problem

The days when they have been serving breakfast they have not been also serving lunch

"Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch eaten usually during the late morning but it can extend to as late as 3 pm"...source http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunch

Surely if 'brunch' is served over the lunch period, it should satusfy those that are 'demanding' lunch...I don't get it.

As someone who wakes at 5.30am I do not want to wait until "brunch time" to eat plus my wife, who is diabetic, cannot last until then. Sure we can go to Blu but we paid for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Luminae when we booked. That is what they advertised.

This is extreme penny pinching by Celebrity. Suite prices have risen since this was announced. There are 66 suites on non Reflection Solstice class ships. If prices have risen by $500 per head for a 14 night cruise they are pulling in $33000 per week per ship and they do not want to pay for a chef, and assistant chef and a few waiters to nan this in quiet times. Ok there are some e straight costs but most of those are minimal.

They are feeding the same number of people as before, most have drinks packages built in so Michael's is no real extra cost, internet is there anyway so the incremental cost is small for their changes.

All they need do is recruit a few staff to cover this and we know how little they pay them.

Girdon

I also had upgraded 2 cruises from Aqua Class to a SS primarily for the advertised 3 meals a day in Luminae. The Official person from Celebrity on this board didn't really confirm that there will be 3 meals a day. The "lunch experience" on sea days he/she mentioned in that post could just be something added to the existing brunch. There still may not be a separate breakfast those days. I am happy about the embarkation lunch though.

Embarkation lunch experience seems to be mini sandwiches. Hardly what I would expect or want to eat.

Agreed, sounds worse than the buffet. Suite embarkation lunch needs to be in Luminae or in a specialty restaurant for it to be worth anything.

"Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch eaten usually during the late morning but it can extend to as late as 3 pm"...source http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunch

Surely if 'brunch' is served over the lunch period, it should satusfy those that are 'demanding' lunch...I don't get it.

I don't want breakfast/ brunch food for lunch. I want a real lunch menu with daily specials. ( again, like Oceanview, but better )

" Lunch " doesn't end at 1:00 PM ( as Luminae's brunch does ). it ends at 2:00

What the hell is a " lunch experience "? Brunch redefined ?

Edited by Kevnzworld

I don't want breakfast/ brunch food for lunch. I want a real lunch menu with daily specials. ( again, like Oceanview, but better )

" Lunch " doesn't end at 1:00 PM ( as Luminae's brunch does ). it ends at 2:00

What the hell is a " lunch experience "? Brunch redefined ?

Preach!

Let's be honest, a lunch experience is marketing bs spin for a brunch. In other words, apart from putting something on for embarkation, it's no change but they are trying to be clever and think we won't notice

I wonder how long it took the spin doctors to come up with that phrase

Bottom line, still not offering what was advertised.

For me, breakfast is as much the issue as lunch

Edited by uktog

I guess things have changed. When we boarded the Reflection on the opening of Luminae with the new menu (April 4) there was an embarkation lunch and it wasn't "little sandwiches". It was a full beautiful menu. The service all week was spectacular, the food was terrific, and it didn't bother me that there was brunch and dinner on port days because we always eat breakfast on our balcony and the brunch was a full menu of breakfast and lunch choices served at an appropriate time. There are not a lot of choices but always a red meat, two seafood, a vegetarian and a pasta. The appetizers and main courses were imaginative. I guess if you are a very picky eater you might be turned off but even my 11yo was satisfied the few times she graced our presence at dinner. I find the food/service far superior to the MDR (which we stopped eating in years ago) and much better than any meal we've ever had in Blu.

Thank you Celebrity for a great product. Yes, there are kinks to work out, but all in all, a great product.

On Summit April 11th cruise it was a full menu in Luminae. My friend had lamb chops that looked beautiful.

Keep these positive vibes up - I am due in Luminae in about 5 weeks time :cool:

Was dreading it up until these last 2 posts :eek:

There's no reason to dread Luminae...I'm sure the food and experience will be excellent.

The discussion (and dissatisfaction) has been focused on breakfast or brunch/lunch being offered vs the expectation of having both offered every day... and embarkation lunch availability.

Just got off the phone with someone named Jennifer in Celebrity guest relations. I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours.

She confirmed that these are the hours of the new restaurant, and frankly didn't care.

Additionally I was told I could write a letter to someone about the feelings of the new restaurant. Told her I would not waste my time.

So that the story for "modern luxury"...........don't consider that very luxurious.

I wouldn't dread Luminae either. The question seems to be when or if it will serve locally sourced menu items, 14 days of menus, wide wine selection and if three meals a day will be offered.

Personally...I want to know if there will be fresh clean cuisine type food as well or will it be largely rich like Murano. I do remember an interview where we heard the restaurant was to surpass all specialty restaurants currently on the ship. However, several reported Murano was their best meal. So...maybe it is a work in progress or it is what it is now.

In December Summit Michael's Club guests ate in the MDR for embarkation. It was a small nice menu. It was so much better than OV zoo. Which I can only appreciate if hardly anyone else is there.

Edited by hulamoon

I am on Reflection now (since April 27) and our experiences in Luminae have been very positive. Lovely room, great service, and good food. Do not worry, you will enjoy it.

In December Summit Michael's Club guests ate in the MDR for embarkation. It was a small nice menu. It was so much better than OV zoo. Which I can only appreciate if hardly anyone else is there.

That's not very good news for sky suite guests who aren't Micheal's club guests...

I wouldn't dread Luminae either. The question seems to be when or if it will serve locally sourced menu items, 14 days of menus, wide wine selection and if three meals a day will be offered.

Personally...I want to know if there will be fresh clean cuisine type food as well or will it be largely rich like Murano. I do remember an interview where we heard the restaurant was to surpass all specialty restaurants currently on the ship. However, several reported Murano was their best meal. So...maybe it is a work in progress or it is what it is now.

I was told it is two meals...............not three now................That was about 45 minutes ago.

I think that's actually a different thread, although it is related. This thread was really to get a response from the only forum member who can provide a definitive answer to the question which is really 'Will you be delivering the product you have advertised and people have booked and paid for'?

Sadly until now the Celebrity Cruises 'Official' account has only responded with a less than helpful and to be fair, unhelpful reply, not showing a great deal of professionalism in my personal opinion.

I want to make a booking for November this year and one in January 2017. I'm not a fan of the Oceanview Café or the MDR and so would book AQ for Blu. The idea od something a step up from Blu (Which is good, but could be improved) appeals greatly, though the few photos of Luminae menus on here looked disappointing.

Do I book a suite for 2017 and hope that the chumps within Celebrity talk to one another and actually deliver what their marketing department actually advertised by then? In the meantime just book AQ for November this year, because right now, with all of the negativity surrounding this line and complete farce when it comes to communication I don't think upgrading to a suite will be worth the additional cost and I'd be taking a gamble. Though I could book AQ and possibly upgrade if X does manage to get its act together. Something I'm not convinced they will though. Or do I just bite the bullet and book a line with a proven service record like Azamara? Decisions, decisions...

The number of disgruntled customers on this forum does speak volumes, they really do need to improve their customer satisfaction. The lady above mentioned a 90 minute wait on hold! Pathetic, absolutely pathetic!!!

I was told it is two meals...............not three now................That was about 45 minutes ago.

Three meals a day, prepared from fresh local sources to a local theme cooked to a level above Blu would be a great experience. It really would make the suite experience more desirable and improve Celebrity's flagging reputation. It really doesn't seem that hard to implement this to me. Why they're making such a hash of things is beyond me.... :rolleyes:

Three meals a day, prepared from fresh local sources to a local theme cooked to a level above Blu would be a great experience. It really would make the suite experience more desirable and improve Celebrity's flagging reputation. It really doesn't seem that hard to implement this to me. Why they're making such a hash of things is beyond me.... :rolleyes:

As we know it was three when we booked, and it has now been changed. The young woman I spoke to, Jennifer, really didn't care. I told her we did not like the MDR or the buffet, and that was why we were so pleased to see the new restaurant and the 3 meals a day offered.

With her attitude, and lack of concern..........that is not "a suite experience". However, every passenger should be treated well, and their issues addressed.

Frankly, I think they have lost it.