Sailing Sold Out

texkan

Am booked on Infinity Oct 17, 2016, sailing. Some friends want to join us but Celebrity site shows that Oct 7, 2016, and Oct 17, 2016, sailings are Sold Out except for Suites.

Does anyone know how I might find out why sailings are Sold Out :confused:

Am booked on Infinity Oct 17, 2016, sailing. Some friends want to join us but Celebrity site shows that Oct 7, 2016, and Oct 17, 2016, sailings are Sold Out except for Suites.

Some popular cruises sell out earlier than others. The easy answer is to call Celebrity.

You can also check daily, as people to cancel, or after final payment, more rooms usually open up.

Edited by kenevenpar

This appears to be the case for all of the Infinity itineraries for September and October 2016. Not sure if it's a glitch or something else.

Was wondering if maybe a large group had booked your cruise -- but, a cursory google search did not reveal anything. Usually, that's the case, unless you're talking about a "unique" itinerary, like a repositioning cruise, or one that falls on a major holiday or Mardi Gras. :confused:

You will note a number of Infinity sailings for September 2016 - October 2016 show the same thing. However, as of Sunday there were thousands of cabins across all categories for these same sailings. We contacted X and their people said "hmm, appears to be sold out". We doubt that to be the case based on the number of sailing dates affected and that there were so many cabins available less than a week ago. Our TA contacted X yesterday and they are looking into this. Their inventory people suggested that changes to itineraries may be happening. Regardless of the situation, it seems to affect just the Infinity. Very strange that select suite categories can still be booked if these sailings/itineraries are subject to change.

I checked the on-line company we book with and they too, are showing it sold out except for suites, also the company that shows available cabins. I think it would show totally sold out if they were changing dates or something. That is what happened to a sailing on Equinox that we were on a few years ago. When it reappeared, the new sailing date 3 weeks later was announced.

I agree that some large groups might be involved.

There are five separate sailing dates that this pertains to during the two month period and each has a different itinerary. Then there are four additional sailings within the same time period with no limitations. It does not make sense for certain suite categories to be available for booking if the itineraries are changing, and it seems unlikely that this many sailings would be chartered on for the same ship over a short period of time. It also seems odd that you could still book a suite if the sailings are being chartered or reserved for a large group. Let's hope X provides clarification soon.

Called Celebrity with my question Why. They could Not provide any info. Guess time will tell.

Would Infinity be going into dry dock?

Do not see that being the case because there are several sail dates mixed in the period that are not affected by the inventory limitations. Time will tell indeed. Perhaps another IT glitch.

Another inquiry about Infinity listed some dates but not ours....Oct 17th...now our date is listed in this thread....

we are very much looking forward to this great ABC island cruise in AQ.....with included grats, bev package and good on bd credit....

hope we get some info......will be disppointed if this one gets nixed!

Maybe Celebrity Official can look into this, please,

Did you post on the roll call about this?

I noticed that all the ones marked sold out are offered as a reg cruise, but also available as part of a 3 day see and stay package.....maybe that is somehow related to the situation......maybe marketing specially????

It's a year plus away but would like to get the scoop.....

Did you post on the roll call about this?

Yes, I learned about the Sold Out on the Roll Call.

Would be nice if Celebrity shares what is happening.

Edited by texkan

Guess we will remain in the dark til the website changes or we are notified about changes...out of the 3 cruises we have booked ahead, we were looking forward to this one....esp with M class ships being the next group to eventually go....we really enjoyed our recent Connie cruise....and want to try Infinity....hope our cruise is still ON!

I booked all of them as a plot. i want some family members and friends to go on that cruise but the prices are too high for many of them. I figured that if I booked all of the cabins thru the promo of reduced deposits I could manipulate the prices. On the due day of final payment I will cancel leaving Celebrity with a ton of empty cabins. They will them have to lower the prices to fill them and make them more affordable for my group. :D

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Reading this makes me a bit nervous for our P.C. cruise - 4/2/17 - would hate to have to change plans now as I have my dream cabin booked.

So I checked availability for our cruise which never showed any Penthouses being available from day one - now it shows no Royals, no Celebrity suites - none. I find that odd 23 months out. :confused:

It does show all other categories as being available and the prices, which I track, are slowly edging up. I'll be watching what happens to the 2016 cruises for hints about what might be coming - sale of the ship?

I guess when the new releases come out - I'd better be booking a "back-up" cruise just in case. :( I really don't want to do Panama on an S class.

The infinity is showing "sold out" from Sept 11 to Oct 27, 2016 (except for suites). If I were a guessing man, I'd say they are going to change the cruises in that time frame to perhaps add some west coast or Hawaii cruises. I think they have too much capacity in the Caribbean this year...too late to correct, but they can still change 2016 and give folks a great deal of notice.

I think charter is a very remote possibility...

As far as suites...maybe the thought is that it's harder to find folks to book suites, so let them book and use it as an input to changing the cruises. It's a bit strange...

Edited by ghstudio

They did this when they canceled our Alaska cruise and changed it to a shorter and pacific coastal itinerary. I will be all over it if they keep her over on this coast for some PC or Mexico itineraries. Maybe that company that is chartering the Infinity for this Sept is looking at doing the same for next year.

This looks suspicially like SalesForce.com might be doing a charter again to use the ship as a floating hotel for their DreamForce conference in San Francisco. Even though the charter would only be for 5 days, it would impact a number of sailings afterwards. I would be nervous if I was booked on any of the sailings showing as sold out.

We'll also look for a back up just in case...but will hope for this ine being ok......not interested in repeating Hawaii or cruising from the west coast....

was so happy to find this itin....the longer one on Eclipse is too long for us and too many other ports....ABC islands alone is .perfect esp on M class...

I booked a RS on the Oct 17 cruise to surprise DH for a "big" birthday next year. We've been to the Caribbean many times but never to the ABC islands. I'll be so disappointed if the cruise is cancelled or itinerary changed. I just hope we find out soon so I can adjust plans accordingly. He really deserves something special!

This looks suspicially like SalesForce.com might be doing a charter again to use the ship as a floating hotel for their DreamForce conference in San Francisco. Even though the charter would only be for 5 days, it would impact a number of sailings afterwards. I would be nervous if I was booked on any of the sailings showing as sold out.

Exactly what happened to our Golden Gate cruise this coming September. So we booked a B2B in Sept 2016...Sept 4th 7 night Alaska, and Sept 11th West coast...Out of the 2 cruises, I hope to keep the Alaska portion but I was really looking forward to 2 weeks in an aft facing concierge. I do not think I will try to book another West coast if this keeps happening to us.

We booked the Oct 17 cruise as it is going to be during a time in our life that has some special meaning. We always plan and do some traveling during that time period. We chose this cruise because we never been on the Infinity, and we are able to drive to the port even thought the trip is over 1200 miles. We liike the Caribbean and have been to all of those islands before. The rate is within our budget and the perks are a bonus and it would be a disappointment for us if they changed the cruise to sail out of a west coast port as we no longer desire to fly and it would be too far to drive to for us.

If the cruise is changed so be it as long as we have enough time to make other plans. We have one more cruise booked after that and we are seriously considering doing other things during the winter months such as renting a condo, house or etc for 3 to 4 months in a warmer place during the winter. Planning ahead I see that are some really nice places for a little more and also a longer period than what is it costing us to cruise for a 10 to 14 days. Granted the food and drinks aren't included but we will have many more options and variety.

Life goes on and it doesn't revolve around Celebrity.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

It looks like there are rooms being held by TA's. I just looked at a site and saw availability for standard veranda cabins on this date.