Children cruising as Diamond

We will be on Freedom in a few weeks and this will be our children's first cruise as Diamond crown and anchor members. I'm familiar with the adult benefits at this level, but what are the kid's benefits? They're 12 and 16 years old.

Specifically:

1. Will they get the 3 drink coupons on their seapass cards so they can get a soda or juice at various venues?

2. Are kids allowed in the Diamond lounge to get hot chocolate and pastries in the mornings?

3. How about in the evenings before dinner to have a soda while we have a cocktail? I can see where screaming toddlers may not be welcome, but not sure about older kids who will sit and chat. Or does this depend on the specific concierge?

Thanks for any input!

Children are allowed in the DL all hours, except in some cases during the evening cocktail hour. At one point, Royal said the policy was that children are not allowed in the DL during the cocktail hour. However, this part of the policy seems to vary by Diamond Concierge.

I can´t tell you the childrens perks, but they are different from the adult ones and there´s no distinction between loyalty Levels as far as their perks go. So they will receive the same as Platinum Emeral or Gold.

There´s no "3 Drinks loaded on seapass" perk for Kids.

OK, so they'll know what to expect as far as their coupons. They'll be happy going to the lounge to get a hot chocolate in the morning and maybe a soda with us before dinner.

A big maybe. ;)

It looks like it's hit or miss on kids in the lounge. I would never attempt to bring a toddler into the lounge for evening cocktail hour (I'm too conscious of disturbing others - and that would stress me out!), but I would think well behaved middle and high school students, with their parents, should be fine. We'll just stop by and ask the concierge beforehand, just to make sure.

The free soda wouldn't be a coupon - I'm assuming they could get a soda during the evening cocktail hour, if they're allowed to be there.

It looks like it's hit or miss on kids in the lounge. I would never attempt to bring a toddler into the lounge for evening cocktail hour (I'm too conscious of disturbing others - and that would stress me out!), but I would think well behaved middle and high school students, with their parents, should be fine. We'll just stop by and ask the concierge beforehand, just to make sure.

The free soda wouldn't be a coupon - I'm assuming they could get a soda during the evening cocktail hour, if they're allowed to be there.

I think the real problem is that the Freedom DL is notoriously over crowded during happy hour. Adding two more bodies is the issue

Cheers

Hmmm.....I have used my D+ pre-loaded drink coupons in the Schooner Bar to get a soft drink.

We also have family that are D members (including a 19 month old grandson) and on our last May Alaska cruise on ROS there were actually 3 toddlers (in addition that we did not know) with this C&A level that sat in the overflow area of the DL near us...all very well behaved that sat in their stroller's having juice and munchie's a couple of nights...so you just need to take the situation of traveling with kids regardless of age based on the moment.

The two toddler's in our family have now just reached D+ status and we'll continue to determine what they are and aren't able to handle with always regard to other's around us.

Edited by Ashland

Correct...no coupon for soda...however you're pre-loaded drink coupons can be used to get soda...I have done this since the policy started with no problems on several ships.

Hmmm.....I have used my D+ pre-loaded drink coupons in the Schooner Bar to get a soft drink.

We also have family that are D members (including a 19 month old grandson) and on our last May Alaska cruise on ROS there were actually 3 toddlers (in addition that we did not know) with this C&A level that sat in the overflow area of the DL near us...all very well behaved that sat in their stroller's having juice and munchie's a couple of nights...so you just need to take the situation of traveling with kids regardless of age based on the moment.

The two toddler's in our family have now just reached D+ status and we'll continue to determine what they are and aren't able to handle with always regard to other's around us.

Yes, adults can use their coupons to get soda. However the response was referring to the question do the kids get coupons they can use for soda and the answer is no as the kids do not get the happy hour coupons loaded on their cards.

In general, whether kids are permitted on any given sailing is dependent on how many diamonds and above there are on that sailing. If there is a high number them the answer will be no due to crowding issues.

There will be a letter in the cabin that will clearly state whether or not children are welcome for that particular sailing.

Kids coupons from the Freedom this past Christmas,

25% off any coffee beverage

$3 off pets at sea

10% off Y spa treatment

10 free internet minutes

Pay $10 for $15 arcade credit

Pay $25 for $50 arcade credit.

I seem to remember our DD also had a BOGO movie. Also we asked the diamond conceirge and she printed a list of the coupons for us.

Have a great cruise.

Yes, adults can use their coupons to get soda. However the response was referring to the question do the kids get coupons they can use for soda and the answer is no as the kids do not get the happy hour coupons loaded on their cards.

Thanks...but I was just giving general information that may help someone else in regards to their drink coupons (many may not know they can be used for soft drinks too)...and the reason I didn't "Quote" the OP's question.

I seem to remember our DD also had a BOGO movie. Also we asked the diamond conceirge and she printed a list of the coupons for us.

Have a great cruise.

I have seen the movie coupon on other ships however it was not one of the coupons for kids on the Freedom the week that we sailed.

Have a great cruise.

Our DD had the BOGO movie when on Jewel last

The rest exactly as Ken has stated.

imagejpg22_zpsd55a0592.jpg

Maybe I just don't remember this from the last cruise, but a coupon for 25% off of coffee? For kids? This seems awfully weird to me - I try to discourage my kids from consuming much caffeine, and the cruise line turns around and gives them a discount coupon for coffee? I don't know why this cracks me up, maybe I'm just tired this morning, but that seems just ludicrous to me.

Maybe I just don't remember this from the last cruise, but a coupon for 25% off of coffee? For kids? This seems awfully weird to me - I try to discourage my kids from consuming much caffeine, and the cruise line turns around and gives them a discount coupon for coffee? I don't know why this cracks me up, maybe I'm just tired this morning, but that seems just ludicrous to me.

Kids coupons are for all kids up to the age of 18.

Maybe they can get hot chocolate? (we don't drink coffee so have never looked at the specials ... )