Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

been catching up on most of the blogs... so jealous...

Shame about the half days in Athens, last time we were there we did a trip out to Corinth and Nafplion. That was a great day... Actually Nafplion would be a great alternative to Piraeus.. But I guess the Acropolis is still the main attraction.

Another half day in kusadasi, Ephesus is quite the walk around... but worth it...

I read on this years Amsterdam world cruise that they took everyone off to Ephesus for an evening dinner and concert .. that would have been fabulous

Edited by packetau

They are currently in the Dardenelle Straits on their way to Istanbul. Hope they get a full day there, although the itinerary says 10 am -8pm.

Anzac Cove tomorrow.

Do you get daylight cruising of the Straits?

I read on this years Amsterdam world cruise that they took everyone off to Ephesus for an evening dinner and concert .. that would have been fabulous

They do organise great and memorable events , but then thats what you pay the extra for.:)

They are currently in the Dardenelle Straits on their way to Istanbul. Hope they get a full day there, although the itinerary says 10 am -8pm.

Anzac Cove tomorrow.

Do you get daylight cruising of the Straits?

no when arriving in Istanbul it is early morning so you don't see the straits at night... and I think you sail back out at night too...

Hi all we're baaaack....

Kiwihirider princess will schedule a daylight transit.... But sometimes things happen out of their control...

In 2013 on the way to Europe we were forced by authorities to start our transit at night. We sailed to the bitter lake and then sat and waited and the we transited the rest in day light.

On the way back we were once again made to start our transit at night....

When cruising there is always the risk of itineraries changing at the last minute and on a world cruise they usually do

.... well how was your three day P&O cruise? love to know about it. cheers

sailing in and out of istanbul is one of my favourite things...

You can watch the sail in from this cam Click on Galata Tower and the cam will pan across the area where the ship will dock . MSC Magnifica has just arrived .

http://www.ibb.gov.tr/en-US/Organization/MunicipalHistory/Pages/Live_City_View_in_Istanbul.aspx

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/sea/sea.php

while we are waiting ... here is a bit of trivia ..

now not necessarily true but it is out there as one explanation....

"As part of a course on Ottoman history and architecture, my guide mentioned that British soldiers invented the game bridge while serving in the Crimean War. The card game got its name from the Galata Bridge, a bridge spanning the Golden Horn and linking the old and new parts of European Istanbul, where they apparently crossed every day to go to a coffeehouse to play cards."

By having the service later means everyone will turn up.... On our first one they had a dawn service that only a few went to ... But then at 11 they had a full service and the decks were packed... It was a wonderful feeling. Remember Ray has already been to 3 of them so he can probably take it or leave it.... The service probably goes for around 30 - 40 minutes.... Yes some have to stand as you can't have 2000 chairs up there LoL... But that is ok because it is a beautiful moving experience with hardly a dry eye up on deck... now a days the Turks won't let them throw the wreath overboard ... But I have heard the do it after they leave Turkish waters.