Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

Sad to say reading the blogs from a few on board and from reports via a couple of friends on board..there are a lot of sick pax on board with the flu, viruses, bugs, Sea Princess cough, whatever.

Not unusual on the long cruises for infections to run riot on the ships. I have been struck down a couple of times myself, even with the flu injections we have annually.

Edited by NSWP

les it is just amazing how many do get sick on board... I actually was reading Rays blog from 2012 to get info for something else... and lo and behold he was writing about being sick ( I had to check I was reading the right blog ) ...

I remember on our Europe cruise... we started off going to all the port lectures .. we gave up after the first week or so as it was just one big chorus of coughing...

Our first aid kit always has a selection of Codrels, strepsils, and a generic antibiotic just in case.

Crystal Serenity is also in Barcelona today. Being a smaller ship she has a much nearer berth. Heres a couple of shots showing how close the port is to the City. A shuttle bus will bring passengers from the bigger cruise ships up to the front gates of the port. Las Ramblas is just across the road

2s8mq2w.jpg

a2dici.jpg

According to my info arrival will be in 7 hrs 23 min..:D or 12 midday Lisbon time.

Agree the sail in is fantastic and having a mid morning sail in will be great.

Yes Lisboa is a nice sail in. Been there before and will be there again on 23 October - Oriana.

I hope the Sea Princess pax enjoy themselves in Lisbon, perhaps some are doing the shorex we are doing, 'Charming Obidos.'

It was a pity Sea Princess did not stop at Gibraltar, a fascinating place is Gib.

Above all they should enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

Yes Lisboa is a nice sail in. Been there before and will be there again on 23 October - Oriana.

I hope the Sea Princess pax enjoy themselves in Lisbon, perhaps some are doing the shorex we are doing, 'Charming Obidos.'

It was a pity Sea Princess did not stop at Gibraltar, a fascinating place is Gib.

Above all they should enjoy !!

We enjoyed Lisbon. Been twice on cruises. First time just wandered around and rode the trams , and the HOHO etc. The next time , friends advised us to take the train to Sintra. Easy to find as it was the end of the line. Fascinating place up in the hills and so easy to get to. Lots of history .

Love love love Portugal full stop :)

We docked in Lisbon December last year there was a public transport strike on traffic was gridlock..... total bedlam thankgoodness we were heading out of town on our ships tour to Fatima.....fantastic day ... stunning sailaway at dusk... :)

Same cruise we had a half day in Gibraltar just enough time to head upwards on the cable car .... a must do if calling by :)

Edited by badgerbill

Love love love Portugal full stop :)

We docked in Lisbon December last year there was a public transport strike on traffic was gridlock..... total bedlam thankgoodness we were heading out of town on our ships tour to Fatima.....fantastic day ... stunning sailaway at dusk... :)

Same cruise we had a half day in Gibraltar just enough time to head upwards on the cable car .... a must do if calling by :)

I love Lisbon, but am not a fan of the infamous Bay of Biscay (where I joined the rest of the passengers being seasick, despite knowing that I didn't get seasick).

We were lucky that the local tourist girl planned our whole day on public transport, despite not speaking English, after seeing my hand written list of places I wanted to visit. What a memorable fun day we had riding the trams! Worth a visit for the yummy Portuguese tarts alone!

Edited by MMDown Under

I love Lisbon, but am not a fan of the infamous Bay of Biscay (where I joined the rest of the passengers being seasick, despite knowing that I didn't get seasick).

We were lucky that the local tourist girl planned our whole day on public transport, despite not speaking English, after seeing my hand written list of places I wanted to visit. What a memorable fun day we had riding the trams! Worth a visit for the yummy Portuguese tarts alone!

Indeed The Bay of Biscay known for some some really big swells could give ye olde Sea Princess and its jolly pax and crew a roller coaster ride all the way up to the English Channel and Southampton.

Edited by NSWP

When we visited Lisbon I had a self guided walking tour that I purchased off the net. We followed it roughly, but we really did have a lovely day with a lovely lunch and enjoyed the most delicious bottle of port back on board.

The sail in was great ... I always remember all the fisherman with their nets in our way and the captain blasting his horn to get them out of the way ...... and of course the statue of Jesus ... just like the one in brazil.

when we visited Gibraltar by default in 2011 we did the ships tour to Rhonda, back in Spain.... we really enjoyed that day.... The city with the oldest bull ring!!

I just checked out the Bay of Biscay forecast, very gentle, 2 metre seas.

Le Havre is great for a visit to Honfleur, the old port.

Edited by NSWP

managed a good job of missing yesterdays sail in ...

Le havre has a really good port cam as the ship sails into the docking area...

now to check if it today or tomorrow!!

You would need your timing to be spot on for that one..:D