Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

I got an E mail from my friends on board Dubai-Southampton. They tell me 40 bus loads of Sea Princess pax are going on the shorex to Petra. That is some convoy !! So if 40 buses x 40 pax = 1600 pax. = 80% of the ship's pax going.

Way to go, see the world, you are not on board for a haircut. (Well you might be by the time you get to ye olde Southampton if you embarked in Sydney !!)

Edited by NSWP

When we went to Petra Princess also had a couple of buses dedicated to Staff. Of course their tour was a little cheaper than ours LOL....

Of course, just like the cans of VB in the crew mess, 50 cents NOT $5.50 plus 15% gratuity !!

Such is life on the high seas, the crew deserve a good deal.

Edited by NSWP

It is a nice sail up the gulf... You have Egypt on one side and Saudi Arabia on the other....

Once in port you can see Egypt,Israel and Jordan ....

The day to Petra is a long day. I think it might be a couple of hours to get there....because Aqaba is duty free I remember the bus had to stop at a check point where the storage area under the bus was searched ....

It was really hot. We spent the morning at Petra .. Is was great and the 40 buses hadn't arrived. When we finally made it through the sic the area infront of the kasneh was empty.... By the time we walked back the area was jammed packed... We had a lovely lunch in town the back on the bus for the long trip back to the port.

well guys you are going to have to do without me for the next few days... Tomorrow we are going on our very first P & O Australia Cruise :eek:

It is only a short 3 dayer and I know it is really going to be hard not always comparing the Pacific Pearl to our princess ships... :p

Edited by packetau

well guys you are going to have to do without me for the next few days... Tomorrow we are going on our very first P & O Australia Cruise :eek:

It is only a short 3 dayer and I know it is really going to be hard not always comparing the Pacific Pearl to our princess ships... :p

Enjoy :D, I think you will like P&O :)

Go with a open mind ;)

I see the WC is in Petra today. Been there twice now. But times on land touring and the last time spent two whole days exploring the site and still did not see it all. Even climb up the 700 steps to see the Monastery

Just grin and bear it Jo/Gaz. Above all, Enjoy !!

Hi all, we are doing world cruise 2016, is the sail time through the Suez Canal arranged so that it's during day time. From the last post worried that it may be hit and miss. It's a big part of what we have always wanted to do, sail both canals, would be terribly disappointed if we miss a day light cruise through the Suez. Any info appreciated.

Regards R, a couple of kiwis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, we are doing world cruise 2016, is the sail time through the Suez Canal arranged so that it's during day time. From the last post worried that it may be hit and miss. It's a big part of what we have always wanted to do, sail both canals, would be terribly disappointed if we miss a day light cruise through the Suez. Any info appreciated.

Regards R, a couple of kiwis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Judging by some of the blogs of the current WC, the transit of the Suez was delayed by several hours so a lot of the transit was in the dark. It looks as though the first part was in light/dusk.

Here are the links to some of the blogs (hopefully), with thanks to Packetau :)

http://100daysonboard.blogspot.com.au

http://2015cruisenfly.blogspot.co.nz/

http://andyandjudi.com/

Today they are in Piraeus (Athens), Greece

ShowImage.aspx?i=239879

SEA PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

I think the ship in the background is NCL Norwegian Jade

Here is the view from NCL Norwegian Jade:

fullsize.jpg

and the other ship in front of Jade is the "Le Lyrial" which is apart of the Ponant cruise line.

Ponant sent one of there ships down under here last season.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Hi all we're baaaack....

Kiwihirider princess will schedule a daylight transit.... But sometimes things happen out of their control...

In 2013 on the way to Europe we were forced by authorities to start our transit at night. We sailed to the bitter lake and then sat and waited and the we transited the rest in day light.

On the way back we were once again made to start our transit at night....

When cruising there is always the risk of itineraries changing at the last minute and on a world cruise they usually do

Kusadasi , Turkey today

hugldk.jpg

Yes thats a giant Turkish flag that flys on the foreshore. Good view of the purpose built cruise terminal and shopping complex. Turkish rug anyone?

Look at all the buses lined up ready to take them off to Ephesus.