Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

We have friends going on this - and they are spechiell !!!!!! :) They are the only ones (as far as we and they know) who will actually board at Melbourne. (As Melbourne isn't an "official boarding stop" - as per the official sector stops for boarding)

They are going to the UK to live.....and are doing Melbourne to Dubai. They contacted Princess to see of they could board at Melbourne instead of flying to Sydney - and Princess said yes. Now how's that for special? I think it's a wonderful gesture from Princess. IMHO :cool:

We have friends who must be special also as they are boarding the Sea Princess in Melbourne Station Pier on Sunday and cruising through to Southampton 49 days in total. They are very excited about their upcoming trip. We will be following their itinerary carefully everyday. Bon Voyage to each and everyone of you lucky cruisers.

We have friends who must be special also as they are boarding the Sea Princess in Melbourne Station Pier on Sunday and cruising through to Southampton 49 days in total. They are very excited about their upcoming trip. We will be following their itinerary carefully everyday. Bon Voyage to each and everyone of you lucky cruisers.

It will be interesting to see the breakdown of how many are doing the full world cruise. A very general rule of thumb has been about 1/3 do the full cruise, 1/3 do a half cruise and the remaining 1/3 is made up of people joining for various segments.

Spare a thought for my darling Sister in law and her husband who had to cancel their 106 day cruise on Wednesday. He had an accident in Sydney on Tuesday night and has been advised by medical staff not to go on the cruise. Very disappointing for them.

Still, we are all booked for next year.

cheers, Janet

Spare a thought for my darling Sister in law and her husband who had to cancel their 106 day cruise on Wednesday. He had an accident in Sydney on Tuesday night and has been advised by medical staff not to go on the cruise. Very disappointing for them.

Still, we are all booked for next year.

cheers, Janet

Oh no! What a disappointment for them indeed. Hope he is OK.

Well those on board on the Sea Princess last night got their wish and seen the Vivid lights as they sailed out around 6pm. Watched the sailaway.

Also met up with the Cruise Critic group at Pyrmont Bridge hotel on Thursday night for dinner - a very excited bunch. I don't get on until New York but really wished I was leaving from Sydney!

Well those on board on the Sea Princess last night got their wish and seen the Vivid lights as they sailed out around 6pm. Watched the sailaway.

Also met up with the Cruise Critic group at Pyrmont Bridge hotel on Thursday night for dinner - a very excited bunch. I don't get on until New York but really wished I was leaving from Sydney!

Glad they got to see the Vivid Lights - what a wonderful start to a cruise. (Must rush for a shower - I've just turned a terrible shade of green :eek: )

Edited by dizzy1948

After some early fog which has now cleared it's a lovely sunny day in Melbourne.

We have friends boarding today to travel to England, wishing everyone on board a wonderful trip.

Yep- we have friends on board who are going back to live in England - happy cruising all.

they have both been undated which is great to see... oh dear I do miss the days when we would have 4 - 5 blogs to follow... maybe as get further into the cruise we will be able to find them easier.

Well, we got to see the lights, as pointed out above, which was good, though the weather was a mess.

Captain did a great job under the harbour bridge, but announced straight after a big warning - bad weather ahead!

Yes, the first night, and day was rough. The CD - and some others onboard supported - that this was in his worst 5 cruise days in 10 years of the job. Unfortunately I've had similar before (don't sail on a cruise I'm on if you don't like bad weather!) but yes, sick bags were out... and some pouches emptied the next morning. Not a great start for some.

Fortunately it cleared up in the evening of the 2nd day, and arriving to Melbourne this morning was like chalk and cheese. Clear sky - but nice and fresh, and calm waters.

How do you sign up to be a follower of blogs?

I currently follow blogs the hard way by searching for the link on the thread each time.

Not even sure how to save the link.

two things you can do....

when you have the page open with the blog save it as a favourite (click on favourites, click on add)

I add them to my favourites bar for even easier access.. if you add to your favourites bar you can click on it to rename it to something shorter that way you will display more sites...

2nd at the top of Rays blog you will see an option that says follow by email... type in your email address and they will send you a confirmation email... then every time ray posts you will get an email with the post.

on Andy's blog... scroll down the bottom I think it is there that you will find how to follow...

two things you can do....

when you have the page open with the blog save it as a favourite (click on favourites, click on add)

I add them to my favourites bar for even easier access.. if you add to your favourites bar you can click on it to rename it to something shorter that way you will display more sites...

2nd at the top of Rays blog you will see an option that says follow by email... type in your email address and they will send you a confirmation email... then every time ray posts you will get an email with the post.

on Andy's blog... scroll down the bottom I think it is there that you will find how to follow...

Thanks Joanne. I've done Ray's blog, which was easy.

Where are my favourites? Would that be bookmarks?

Thanks Joanne. I've done Ray's blog, which was easy.

Where are my favourites? Would that be bookmarks?

ok... depends what type of device you are using.... yes same as book marks... if you are on your ipad you could also click on "add to home screen" and that will put an icon on the screen to tap and go directly to the blog...

internet explorer on your computer there should be a favourites drop down list...