Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

Now we are cooking with gas.... actually I will put all the blogs together so they can always be found in one spot

https://rmlambert1234.wordpress.com/

http://100daysonboard.blogspot.com.au

http://2015cruisenfly.blogspot.co.nz/

http://andyandjudi.com/

Excellent Jo, thanks heaps. We are on the 2016 Sea Princess world cruise and have been following Andy and Rays blogs so adding 2 more will be great reading :)

Our friends Gordon and Kay from Batemans Bay embarked at Dubai, doing Dubai-Southampton. Hope the seas are kind to all on board and that they can do their tours to Petra from Aquaba. Petra visit is the reason many went on this cruise.

Edited by NSWP

Yes, they are man made islands (The names of them are on the map).

It is quite amazing how they built them. (There was a tv programme on a while back about how they did it.)

Mega structures, really amazing what they can do,:D unfortunately, China is building islands in the Spratly's now as well.:(

Just returned home from the Fremantle - Dubai sector.

Yes it was an eventful trip especially when we entered the Arabian sea,4 water cannons placed on each side plus 2 LRAD'S one on each side in readiness for the pirates. Pirate drill we were confined to our staterooms as they tested the water cannons and the ship took evasive actions by sudden turns both port & starboard.

Then we played catch me if you can with the cyclone. Now that was fun.

All in all a great 14 days for us with meeting some new friends along the way.

Maybe next year a longer sector for us. Just need to get rid of this thing called work as it interferes with my cruising plans.

Cheers

Johhno

Just returned home from the Fremantle - Dubai sector.

Yes it was an eventful trip especially when we entered the Arabian sea,4 water cannons placed on each side plus 2 LRAD'S one on each side in readiness for the pirates. Pirate drill we were confined to our staterooms as they tested the water cannons and the ship took evasive actions by sudden turns both port & starboard.

Then we played catch me if you can with the cyclone. Now that was fun.

All in all a great 14 days for us with meeting some new friends along the way.

Maybe next year a longer sector for us. Just need to get rid of this thing called work as it interferes with my cruising plans.

Cheers

Johhno

Wow what an experience! We're you able to get any photos of the water cannons?

just checked on their progress using Marine Traffic AIS. They are in a convoy and are sailing through "Pirate Alley" in the Gulf of Aden.

2j0nl1h.jpg

Safety in numbers I guess...:)

Probably with a warship on each convoy run.

Probably with a warship on each convoy run.

I would have to say for the few times that we have actually sailed through pirate alley we didn't see that many warships if any... they may have been afar in the distance... cargo ships come 10 a penny!!

I should have a photo of the water cannon somewhere if Johnno hasn't ... the LRADS were always manned and you weren't allowed to take any pictures of them...

I would have to say for the few times that we have actually sailed through pirate alley we didn't see that many warships if any... they may have been afar in the distance... cargo ships come 10 a penny!!

I should have a photo of the water cannon somewhere if Johnno hasn't ... the LRADS were always manned and you weren't allowed to take any pictures of them...

Hi Jo,I did manage to get a couple of photos of the water cannons in action from our balcony on deck 10 but its not very clear due to all the water spray and mist .

So if you have any photos please post.

Cheers

Johhno

Hi Jo,I did manage to get a couple of photos of the water cannons in action from our balcony on deck 10 but its not very clear due to all the water spray and mist .

So if you have any photos please post.

Cheers

Johhno

still looking for them... they are pretty unexciting ... like a firemans hose... might have taken the picture in 2011 but never bothered on the other cruises... hmm trying to work out under which folder I would have put them in..

Re the current blogs..Andy and Judy's is great, updated regularly and informative. The others are a little short and late. I suppose it depends on the pax's inclination to spend on wifi on board or get ashore and do it for free.

Such is life on the high seas.

Edited by NSWP

We had a Royal Navy Frigate shadow us off Somalia when we were on Arcadia Syd-Sou in 2012. Good stuff.

Rule Britannia !!

Re the current blogs..Andy and Judy's is great, updated regularly and informative. The others are a little short and late. I suppose it depends on the pax's inclination to spend on wifi on board or get ashore and do it for free.

Such is life on the high seas.

cross fingers maybe someone got on in Dubai that will start blogging