Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

Interesting reading the blogs... as they both see things quite differently...

glad they have introduced the pub lunches on the Aussie ships .. we really enjoyed them on the Ocean Princess....

hope they finish at 2pm as that is the time we need those tables to play cards LOL....

Another reason for the more relaxed alcohol situation could be because of the restrictions they face on this voyage to bring onboard more alcohol. When I was on my ship inspection of day 3 of this world cruise, the F&B manager was explaining the difficulties of picking up alcohol supplies throughout the cruise as one of their major ports to collect supplies was Dubai, and they were not allowed to collect alcohol supplies at this port. I guess allowing guests to bring on more alcohol than we normally hear of means that as a ship they go through less ship inventory / pax might be more understanding when stock runs low if they've been allowed to bring their own?

Good point.

A lot of their facilities are waiting for replenishment in Dubai... quite a while off.

glad they have introduced the pub lunches on the Aussie ships .. we really enjoyed them on the Ocean Princess....

hope they finish at 2pm as that is the time we need those tables to play cards LOL....

Unfortunately it meant the loss of their pizzeria that day.

Pity they can't do both.

I can remember when one of the princess ships first came out and within a few days they had run out of Tea Bags...

Hi, I think we were on that cruise. It was the Pacific Princess if my memory is OK and we ran out of red wine also.

Cheers,

Janet

No Elite lounge though on Sea Princess for the shrimp towers and cocktail of the day.

Elites have been dudded !!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure they could fit them in somewhere?

We actually really enjoyed the pub lunches on the ocean princess... they were not on everyday and everytime they were on they alternated the menu... my favourites were the scotched eggs... the pie and bread and butter pudding....

If they have it on the Sun princess next year hopefully they will have it instead of Sushi bar... Friends currently on the Sun say that there is hardly anyone in there during the cruise...

No Elite lounge though on Sea Princess for the shrimp towers and cocktail of the day.

Elites have been dudded !!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure they could fit them in somewhere?

elite lounge ... on a world cruise from Australia they would have to have it in the vista lounge as there are usually that many LOL apparently we have more elites per captia than anywhere else...

joanne:eek:

This thread made it on to the Cruise Critic AU blog :D - http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/blog/tracking-sea-princess-world-cruise-2015/

look at that we are famous in our own minds LOL.....

speaking of famous .... for those who know Gbenjo... they returned from their cruises last week ... we caught up with them last night... now there is star... I am sure he got tapped more than once on the shoulder whilst he was on the

solstice :p:p:p

elite lounge ... on a world cruise from Australia they would have to have it in the vista lounge as there are usually that many LOL apparently we have more elites per captia than anywhere else...

joanne:eek:

Do they have the Most Travelled Luncheon on the World Cruise? One for the whole cruise or one for each of the sectors.?

Do they have the Most Travelled Luncheon on the World Cruise? One for the whole cruise or one for each of the sectors.?

Yes I am pretty sure they had one on every sector.... we will never make it to a luncheon cause everyone we keep sailing with have lots more days than us so we can't catch up LOL....

another couple of updates on the blogs again today ....

had to laugh at the photo of the princess patter... did you see on the first page where they actually have to state "please cover your mouth when you cough" LOL

That dreaded ship board cough, once it starts it never ends.... after the first few port lectures we used to go to in princess theatre with stopped going as all you could hear was everyone coughing around you ..... we decided it was safer to watch it on tv in the cabin....

Colombo was a fairly new port for princess when we visited there in 2013. Sail in was very nice and you could see the city in the distance... it reminds more of Kuala Lumpur than it does Mumbai.

We had dancers welcome us as we walked off the ship... that is always nice .. which then means you can usually get your port photo's taken with one.

There were 2 main tours that went out of Colombo .. one was Kandy and for the life of me I can't remember the other. But they were both like 3 or 4 hour drives there and back.

We berthed at the Container Terminal which was a long way out of town so you needed the ships shuttle to get into town. They dropped you off at a hotel that was next door to a small shopping mall.. We asked for a taxi but the concierge at the hotel got us one of their cars and we negotiated a price for a 4 hour tour in US $$... This worked out well and we saw all the main sights in the city.. Much cleaner and modern compared to Mumbai.

We then got the shuttle back.. others had caught a normal taxi back but the problem was that only port taxi's were allowed in the terminal and too far to walk. So they had to wait at the gate until a port taxi came by and they could get a lift to the ship.

On the pier there was a row of market stalls which was nice to walk up and down to kill the time until sailaway.