Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

following the Rhapsody must be very exciting for those who have sailed on here before...

or is Rhapsody stalking the Sea Princess to see what's happing in Australia with out her :p

ok for those interested I just uploaded my blog for our pacific pearl cruise

http://www.gaznjosadventures.com.au/?cat=17

Cool, look forward to reading that latter tonight :)

The ship has swung around and the sun is at the right angle to give us a clear view of the steep cliffs you have to ascend in Santorini to get up to the town.

fp9dds.jpg

If I make it to the world cruise, that's one walk I'm not looking forward to! Think I'd have to make the effort though.

Steve.

Stu... Remember donkeys up cable car down....

We joined the queue and took the cable car up and then walked down the donkey path.....you need sturdy and non slip shoes for the walk as the path has been worn over the years and is slippery....and you have to watch where you walk to miss standing in the donkey poo.

Riding a donkey down would be very adventurous as they go very close to the edge...and its a long way down.

Its fascinating to watch the donkeys though , as each one not even knows the track well , but knows where it is to stand at the top , while waiting for tourists taking the ride down.

If you dont want to do either , the ships tour will usually leave from the one and only spot where a road comes down to sea level.

We were one of the first off the ship and tender over and the first to ride the donkeys... A bit hair raising as they were all racing to be in front... We had a private tour that met us at the top.... The ships tours were actually tendered to a different spot.... They actually used local catamarans to do the tendering.... Very nice

Looks like they got through the Dardenelles just in time. A cruise ship and a tanker collided and sea traffic was closed for a while.

http://www.seanews.com.tr/news/150623/Cruise-ship-Celestyal-Crystal-collides-with-tanker-STI-Pimlico-at-Dardanelles.html

Lucky they avoided that collision.

I had only recently discovered Celestyal Crystal, which is a small ship, with 854 passengers.

Lucky they avoided that collision.

I had only recently discovered Celestyal Crystal, which is a small ship, with 854 passengers.

It looked like Pacific Sun before they cut the Carnival wings off the funnel:D .

Must have been a sister ship , perhaps ?? ..

It looked like Pacific Sun before they cut the Carnival wings off the funnel:D .

Must have been a sister ship , perhaps ?? ..

Has an interesting history, like a lot of older ships.

Per Wikipedia -

Celestyal Crystal, previously Louis Cristal, is a cruise ship operated by the Cyprus-based Celestyal Cruises and previously Louis Cruise Lines, both in the Louis Group. The ship was originally built as the cruiseferry MS Viking Saga in 1980 at Wärtsilä Turku New Shipyard, Turku, Finland for Rederi Ab Sally. In 1986 she was renamed MS Sally Albatross, and rebuilt into a cruise ship the following year. The ship was destroyed by a fire in 1990, and completely rebuilt at Finnyards, Rauma, Finland. She was re-delivered in 1992, still named Sally Albatross. After partially sinking 1994 she was rebuilt at Industrie Navali Maccaniche Affini, La Spezia, Italy, re-entering service as MS Leeward for Norwegian Cruise Line. Subsequently she sailed as MS SuperStar Taurus for Star Cruises, MS Silja Opera for Silja Line and spent a year laid up as MS Opera prior to entering service with her current owner in 2007.[1]

Although the 1980 ship and the 1992 ship appear superficially unalike both externally and internally, they share the same IMO number because they are technically the same ship.[1]

They are just lining up for the approach and sail in to Venice , if you want to watch on the bridge cam.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/sea/sea.php

The arrival time is about 2 hours away.

Thanks, David.

How exciting to arrive in Venice by ship.

I only just looked at 8.00 am Qld. time and looks like they are berthed in Venice. Do you know what time are they scheduled to leave Venice Qld. time?

Thanks, David.

How exciting to arrive in Venice by ship.

I only just looked at 8.00 am Qld. time and looks like they are berthed in Venice. Do you know what time are they scheduled to leave Venice Qld. time?

Re the itinerary -1pm .....which is I think 11pm NZ and 9pm Sydney time tonight..

Reading Andi/Judy's blog...they are jumping ship in Southampton, instead of continuing on for the whole 104 days. Big call, but they are missing family it appears. But perhaps they are not happy with the cruise thus far?

Such is life on the high seas.

Reading Andi/Judy's blog...they are jumping ship in Southampton, instead of continuing on for the whole 104 days. Big call, but they are missing family it appears. But perhaps they are not happy with the cruise thus far?

Such is life on the high seas.

Hi Les,

Quote from their blog in the Activities section -

" Initially considering a short tour of the Gold Coast, returning to Vancouver at the end of October, but then we thought stuff it, that would only prolong the agony, so we both agreed mid-September. This means a week in Sydney, as scheduled, then probably a night at the airport hotel before flying home September 12th. As mentioned previously, when I get some internet access ashore I will make good the cancellations and give British Airways a ring from Southampton to change the flights."

So from that I gather they will be completing the whole 104 days. It would be such as shame it they didn't.

Thanks Jo/Gaz (packetau) and MaudLou, yes a confusing post Andi/Judy did, glad you interpreted it better than I did. I too hope they bat on with it, excellent bloggers they are, best of the bunch.

Edited by NSWP

They are about to sail through the Straits of Messina, between the foot of Italy and Sicily. Should be a mid to late morning transit for them. Hope its a clear day as once through they should cruise past Stromboli on their way to Civitavecchia for Rome..

4q4siw.jpg