Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

we did a night time pass through the straights we were just able to see the glow of stromboli spouting...

during the day time you can sometimes see the black smoke puff up

They are about to sail through the Straits of Messina, between the foot of Italy and Sicily. Should be a mid to late morning transit for them. Hope its a clear day as once through they should cruise past Stromboli on their way to Civitavecchia for Rome..

4q4siw.jpg

Wow a lot of ship activity. Are all the blue ones cruise ships?

Wow a lot of ship activity. Are all the blue ones cruise ships?

Yes The blue ones are cruise ships. makes you realise how busy the Med can get and why they can offer such bargains. Makes our cruise industry down here look so small.

They are heding for Civitavecchia, Rome which can berth 11 cruise ships. I think they will only have one other with them when they are in port.

No doubt as they left Venice 'Time to Say Goodbye' was played over the ship, as Princess does. Wonderful.

On another note, all the pax are saved from scurvy, the supply of V8 Vegetable juice has been replenished. They ran out of that hallowed brekkie drink last week according to one blogger, likewise Mushrooms!!!

Takes me back to Arcadia in the Med last year, the ship ran out of Tonic water for the Poms favourite tipple, G&T (Gin & Tonic) There was revolt on board, almost a mutiny until supplies were received. LOL.

And so the adventure continues on ye olde Sea Princess.

Edited by NSWP

No doubt as they left Venice 'Time to Say Goodbye' was played over the ship, as Princess does. Wonderful.

On another note, all the pax are saved from scurvy, the supply of V8 Vegetable juice has been replenished. They ran out of that hallowed brekkie drink last week according to one blogger, likewise Mushrooms!!!

Takes me back to Arcadia in the Med last year, the ship ran out of Tonic water for the Poms favourite tipple, G&T (Gin & Tonic) There was revolt on board, almost a mutiny until supplies were received. LOL.

And so the adventure continues on ye olde Sea Princess.

As long as they did not play it too loud. Friends who sailed out of Venice on a Carnival ship said they had a sailaway party and the Police rang up the ship and told them to turn down the music ,as all of Venice could hear them.:eek:

No doubt as they left Venice 'Time to Say Goodbye' was played over the ship, as Princess does. .

I actually find this a little bit cringe-worthy. Its just beautiful enough without having to have music to it.

As long as they did not play it too loud. Friends who sailed out of Venice on a Carnival ship said they had a sailaway party and the Police rang up the ship and told them to turn down the music ,as all of Venice could hear them.:eek:

Thanks David...Well Carnival are the 'Fun Ships' they were having fun. Tell you what P&O UK have the best sailaway parties, a real old 'knees up.' 'Land of Hope and Glory, 'Rule Britannia' and many more, sang with gusto and flag waving, washed down with adequate servings of pom beer.

It is a wonder the Carabinieri did not send a launch to intercept us on Arcadia last year.

Rule Britannia !!!

Edited by NSWP

Thanks David...Well Carnival are the 'Fun Ships' they were having fun. Tell you what P&O UK have the best sailaway parties, a real old 'knees up.' 'Land of Hope and Glory, 'Rule Britannia' and many more, sang with gusto and flag waving, washed down with adequate servings of pom beer.

It is a wonder the Carabinieri did not send a launch to intercept us on Arcadia last year.

Rule Britannia !!!

I'm looking forward to my PO UK sail up out of Venice.

I actually find this a little bit cringe-worthy. Its just beautiful enough without having to have music to it.

Yes it is, but the having Time to Say Goodbye playing in the background is the icing on the cake. My absolute favorite sailaway.

Edited by gbenjo

Yes it is, but the having Time to Say Goodbye playing in the background is the icing on the cake. My absolute favorite sailaway.

I am with you Grahame.... in 2013 our sail away was toooo quiet... The Pavarotti concert was playing on the muts and we did leave when it was dark... I am now thinking a day time sail away would have been a lot better..

I really thought that st marks square with the basilica and clock tower would be all lit up.. but it wasn't

just checked on cruisett to see who was in with them it seems only the Norwegian spirit. We always been in port at least 5 other ships.... I remember one year doing the most amazing reverse park to get up long side the pier.

just checked on cruisett to see who was in with them it seems only the Norwegian spirit. We always been in port at least 5 other ships.... I remember one year doing the most amazing reverse park to get up long side the pier.

Yes...There will be no shortage of seats on the train into Rome today.:D

They almost have the entire port to themselves.

Civitavecchia is another port we will be visiting on the Emerald Princess :)

A nice port town Civit. Stayed there for a couple of nights before embarking Ruby Princess in 2010. Lot to see there. Enjoy !!

I note Sea Princess has just arrived at Livorno for ye olde Leaning Tower of Pisa, Tuscany, Florence etc. A wonderful area of Italia.

Edited by NSWP

in 2013 on the Europe cruise we visited Civi twice... we chose to do the countryside and one of the most gorgeous little towns that we visited was Civita di Bagnoregio... It hill top town that you got to by foot on a long causeway... ( big sigh ) I could never tire of going back to Europe!!

ahhhhh Livorno .... wonderful memories of sienna and a winery they had to drag us out of LOL..... and because of that a very short stop in san gimignano.....

another big sigh

Edited by packetau