Slides on Allure, any update?

I personally don't feel like this drydock was going to be the one when Allure got the slides installed that RCCL spoke about a few weeks ago, but does anyone know for sure yet if that was going to happen on this drydock? Sailing her next March with the kiddos who consider slides a must have on any cruise ship!

I personally don't feel like this drydock was going to be the one when Allure got the slides installed that RCCL spoke about a few weeks ago, but does anyone know for sure yet if that was going to happen on this drydock? Sailing her next March with the kiddos who consider slides a must have on any cruise ship!

We will know for sure very soon because guests have embarked on Allure this morning.

There are no slides on Allure today

Are you basing that on the webcam or something? We might switch to the Breeze for the same week. Much cheaper too, but only 6 days :(

Slides on RCI are NOT like on Carnival....they are simply "kiddie slides"...short and slow.

I am referring to the slides planned for Harmony and the next Oasis class ships that are legitimate slides and were mentioned by the CEO (I think it was him) as being planned for a retrofit on Oasis and Allure. This announcement was made late April sometime...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-travel-cruise-ship-water-slides-20150510-story.html

I would be surprised if it was even possible to get the slides on Allure before Harmony. The new slide design won't be proven out on Harmony for quite a while. The slides were designed in Orlando - according to the article above

Slides on RCI are NOT like on Carnival....they are simply "kiddie slides"...short and slow.

Totally out to lunch again on this one. I could be wrong but they look better than Carnivals slides to me. Certainly not of the kiddy "short and slow" kind.

T0302HARMONYSLIDE_HR.jpg?n=7799&width=1540&height=866&mode=crop&Anchor=MiddleCenter

Are you basing that on the webcam or something? We might switch to the Breeze for the same week. Much cheaper too, but only 6 days :(

I am basing it on the fact that I have a friend who boarded Allure today and has been sending updates

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-travel-cruise-ship-water-slides-20150510-story.html

I would be surprised if it was even possible to get the slides on Allure before Harmony. The new slide design won't be proven out on Harmony for quite a while. The slides were designed in Orlando - according to the article above

I'm with you Racer, it seemed too quick but some of the posters here said that perhaps the engineering and all of that could have been done awhile ago once they designed it for Harmony so perhaps it could have been done (theoretically) during this drydock.

Totally out to lunch again on this one. I could be wrong but they look better than Carnivals slides to me. Certainly not of the kiddy "short and slow" kind.

Oh great! When will we see the first thread entitled Carnival Slides vs. Royal Slides? :rolleyes::D

How awesome would it be if those slides curled down into Central Park? And were made of clear acrylic? There's room in the middle for a "Der Stuka" type slide (or maybe they're saving that space for the roller coaster in 2020?

Since they didn't add them to Allure during dry dock, you would think that Oasis would be after Harmony.

Makes sense to me. I would assume Oasis is going into drydock again before Allure would at this point.

Edited by Teends