(Some) greedy diamonds

You need to separate out the people from the group (D and above). This is about people and their appalling behavior. These people have always been this way and being D has nothing to do with their behavior. Behavior doesn't suddenly change because one becomes D. We are D+ and I would never, ever do something like this, just as I wouldn't have before. These are the same people that go through life taking whatever they want, doing whatever they want regardless of how it impacts anyone else. There is always a few in every D lounge I have been in who act like they are entitled. Either they overtip trying to buy/gain favors, take more than they should or are loud and obnoxious and treat the crew like crap. They would do this whether they were on a cruise or on a land vacation. It's unfortunately who they are. They abuse the privilege until it gets taken away from everyone. They don't care because their goal is to beat the "man".

The most we have ever done is take a drink out with us as we leave and then only if the concierge allowed it, since before vouchers, that varied from ship to ship.

Well said, thank you

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Take it easy on the lounge lizards. They need something to drink while standing in line at guest services to remove tips from the overpaid and under worked crew. They are just poor misunderstood souls who don't want your stupid rules and mannerly behavior interfering with THEIR vacation.

One other thing we have noticed is when the hordevours are piled all over the plates and barely touched when people sit down to drink. And end up being thrown away.

Myself and DH maybe take one of somethings and may end up having 5 items on our plate.

If we do not like something, we leave it behind, but not wasteful.

If we like something, and still want another we may go back.

We do early dinner so we try to not eat excessively here.

But the waste, wow.

Take it easy on the lounge lizards. They need something to drink while standing in line at guest services to remove tips from the overpaid and under worked crew. They are just poor misunderstood souls who don't want your stupid rules and mannerly behavior interfering with THEIR vacation.

:):):)

Cheerio! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Haha, was thinking the same. ;)

So you are allowed to complain about the actions of others but you can't move on if this is unacceptable behavior ?:confused:

Edited by richstowe

We have recently come off Rhapsody where there were so many d's, d+'s and pinnacles that the Diamond Lounge was way too small and part of the Shall We Dance lounge was used for the overflow. Some of the behaviour we saw disgusted me. There was no restriction on taking drinks out of the lounge, but some people abused the privilege . We saw one group get at least 3 martini type drinks each in the last 15 minutes and tip them into a tumbler. Then left the lounge carrying this "one drink" plus 5 bottles of premium water stuffed in their pockets/ waistbands. It's people like this who cause Royal to reassess benefits to the detriment of the majority of members
Did you go up to each one of these people and ask them if they were D, D+, or Pinnacle???.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually the concierge did address it by speaking to the people concerned and asking them to stop.

I always take a drink out with me too - a glass - not several bottles sneaked inside a bag :rolleyes:

Bottles of wine, just curious how would you get" bottles of wine" out of the concierge lounge??????

So you are allowed to complain about the actions of others but you can't move on if this is unacceptable behavior ?:confused:

Port Royal's post struck me as a bit pompous. Apparently I wasn't alone in my assessment of its tone.

Edited by CruiseTobey

If being a Diamond passenger allows someone to sit in a certain lounge for 1-2 hours consuming 3-4 drinks what's the problem if they just get a few in the beginning and go drink them elsewhere? The benefit is giving for being a repeat customer. Having to sit in an overcrowded lounge doesn't sound like fun.

Totally agree with you.

Appalling behaviour in the Lounges, was one of the reasons why we, together with others, have moved to Cunard and above.

Then you won't be posting on RCL threads anymore, bye bye...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bottles of wine, just curious how would you get" bottles of wine" out of the concierge lounge??????

Perhaps you need to read my earlier post on this thread (#4). People were taking rucksacks into the lounge for that specific purpose

Perhaps you need to read my earlier post on this thread (#4). People were taking rucksacks into the lounge for that specific purpose

Of course I read it! How did they obtain these bottles of wine?.....:rolleyes:

Don't forget that they paid "good money" for their vacation and they can do what they want!

I don't care either... unless their actions affect me and others. Hopefully, RCI will straighten out the concierge of the lounges instead of just cutting back the benefits.[/QUOTE]

We have seen one couple a few times on board, with a nap sack and big pockets that seem to get filled with cereal boxes etc!

Seriously? ***.

It's the same post every time Rich. Usually Port Royal adds how there is no sense of entitlement or pretentiousness on Cunard. :rolleyes:

You need to separate out the people from the group (D and above). This is about people and their appalling behavior. These people have always been this way and being D has nothing to do with their behavior. Behavior doesn't suddenly change because one becomes D. We are D+ and I would never, ever do something like this, just as I wouldn't have before. These are the same people that go through life taking whatever they want, doing whatever they want regardless of how it impacts anyone else. There is always a few in every D lounge I have been in who act like they are entitled. Either they overtip trying to buy/gain favors, take more than they should or are loud and obnoxious and treat the crew like crap. They would do this whether they were on a cruise or on a land vacation. It's unfortunately who they are. They abuse the privilege until it gets taken away from everyone. They don't care because their goal is to beat the "man".

The most we have ever done is take a drink out with us as we leave and then only if the concierge allowed it, since before vouchers, that varied from ship to ship.

I agree with most of this, but what is wrong with tipping to gain favor

Just off jos west bound panama canal and what really bothered us was the d+ and pinnacle members who felt a sense of entitlement i.e. the greeter in the windjammer always played music and danced one morning he was speaking with a server who was carrying a tray of coffee cups on his head and this lady comes up to them pulls out her camera and very rudely says to them DANCE while snapping her fingers. They would get in the elevator and just say 6 or whatever deck they wanted never a please or thank you and yet we all wonder why most of the youth now days have no manners

That is disgusting! Who were these people? :mad:

Oh, there is definitely not entitlement on Cunard--you take what they give you and be grateful! Been there, done that. Now about "pretentiousness" who, on Cunard or any line, admits to that.:rolleyes:

Edited by gadaboutgal

I would like to see the answer also. I have never seen unopened/unattended bottles of wine just sitting out for the taking. :eek:

I have seen poured glasses of red/white wine sitting on a table for the taking, coming in or going out, but no bottles on the table

Edited by setsail

This was on a Transatlantic - there was an overflow lounge which makes it a really busy job for the servers to get around - they had bottles of wine set out to serve people (and for people to help themselves to a GLASS) - some people were taking the whole bottle. Now do you understand?

According to your status you are D+ so have presumably been in a lounge where there is an overflow and sometimes wine bottles are left out in the dedicated lounge for people to help themselves as servers are hard-pressed to get round those people who want mixed drinks so it's easier for those who want wine just to top up their glass. Not on the tables, but on the counters and I can easily see how they could take those bottles when the servers and the concierge are busy with other guests in a lounge with a big overspill area

:rolleyes:

Edited by Bobal

If being a Diamond passenger allows someone to sit in a certain lounge for 1-2 hours consuming 3-4 drinks what's the problem if they just get a few in the beginning and go drink them elsewhere? The benefit is giving for being a repeat customer. Having to sit in an overcrowded lounge doesn't sound like fun.

No mention was made of the lounge being overcrowded - or that they only sat there for 1-2 hours. I've seen them line up at the door at 4:00 to get a good seat, then drink until they leave for late seating - those would be the ones taking 3 more drinks with them.

(The concierge told us this - it wasn't just hearsay)

Just as an fyi...

You telling us what the concierge told you is the very definition of hearsay. (I'm not doubting the veracity of either your or the concierge's statements, I'm merely pointing out that you passing along this info without witnessing it yourself makes your statement hearsay.)

I agree with most of this, but what is wrong with tipping to gain favor

It just hits me the wrong way. We always tip extra, but after the fact, never before and we always get great service. But, that wasn't the point of my post, so let's just let that one go.

Edited by BND