Lied to

Sometimes it amazes me what people complain about. But what amazes me even more is that people take time out of their vacation to post a complaint or grip about something that is not really a big deal. Or at least it's not something that will ruin a good cruise.

Please enjoy your vacation and don't sweat the small stuff.

The guy is in his cabin relaxing and waiting for food. He's killing time

using his internet package so he takes 12 seconds to post. I could see that.

Perhaps it was 1.5 hours wait time from the start. When the RS manager found out they were cancelling it got pushed up to the next meal made while others got bumped back in line?? Just a different take of what could have happened.

Even with MDR food ordered to our suite our normal wait is 40 minutes for delivery and have waited one time as long as 60 for it to be delivered. Heck one time we were on hold 15 minutes waiting to have or order taken. We hung up and went to the WJ. Why would we wait another 40 minutes or more for delivery on top of that. When RS gets busy it can take a period of time, however 1.5 hours right from the start does seem long to me.

Here is a hint on RS on Suites. I have had the same issue sometimes up to 1 1/2 hour wait for food after being told 30 minutes. For MDR meals we order ahead of time. Lets say 5:00 for a 7 pm delivery etc. That way we can plan our evening better. On one of the last cruises, there was a separate number for suites to call for room service.

CptSticky,

You are right!!! You shouldn't take it. If I were you I would pack my bags and demand to be allowed off the ship immediately! There is obviously a conspiracy against you. RCI does not want you to eat.

On the other hand, I can't wait to be eating room service on my Aquatheater balcony in October!

The guy is in his cabin relaxing and waiting for food. He's killing time

using his internet package so he takes 12 seconds to post. I could see that.

Totally agree, just think it odd that the complaint is about being lied to as a first response.

Under promise, over deliver

Thanks for the translation, I was having difficulty also. I have not been lied to, although I have to say sometimes during a phone call to RCI the person on the other end of the line may not be entirely correct. I do not think it is a malicious act though.

They probably jumped your order ahead of other to make you happy since you called to cancel I call that great customer service. Why did you assume the food would be cold?

Since you are said this is not the first time you have been lied to, it seems like you are not happy with the RCI product. Maybe it is time to explore other vacation options.

Edited by dacsmom

How many times have you been lied to by customer contact employees of Royal? On radiance right now. Called RS. Was told an hour and a half. Called back to cancel. Got a cAll from RS mgr. told only reason was they were busy. Food was being cooked right now. But one and a half wait. Decided didn't want cold food. Why do they always lie as first option?

You need to get over the "Poor Me" attitude. At least you're on a cruise and someone is preparing your food. Sorry, no sympathy from me.:rolleyes:

deleted

you need to get over the "poor me" attitude. At least you're on a cruise and someone is preparing your food. Sorry' date=' no sympathy from me.:rolleyes:[/quote']
Edited by Klstaack

Here is a hint on RS on Suites. I have had the same issue sometimes up to 1 1/2 hour wait for food after being told 30 minutes. For MDR meals we order ahead of time. Lets say 5:00 for a 7 pm delivery etc. That way we can plan our evening better. On one of the last cruises, there was a separate number for suites to call for room service.

Just to be clear, the OP does not say they are staying in a suite.

Why assume the worst? People make mistakes. Why assume the worst, especially with no proof? Most people are honest, and I have found the employees on the ship very accommodating.

Exactly, why would you assume that you are being lied to? They gave the OP an estimate of how long it would take for the order, not a promise. I'm sure if they knew it would take longer they would have told him so. It is like going into a busy restaurant and being told there is a 30 minute wait. If you end up waiting 45 minutes, does that mean they lied to you? Of course not.

Why do they always lie as first option?

Horrible assumption for you to make. They likely gave you a rough estimate based on current orders. Maybe in the interim people canceled orders due to long waits, or maybe the orders were easy to fulfill, or any number of valid reason why the estimates went from 1.5 hours to "we're making it right now". They are not lying to you. They gave you and estimate that was ways off at worst. At best the estimate was accurate, but decided to put your order to the front of the queue when you called to cancel. They're trying their best customer service either way, you decided to call them liars. Way to go! :mad:

How many times have you been lied to by customer contact employees of Royal? On radiance right now. Called RS. Was told an hour and a half. Called back to cancel. Got a cAll from RS mgr. told only reason was they were busy. Food was being cooked right now. But one and a half wait. Decided didn't want cold food. Why do they always lie as first option?

Somehow I think any time someone tells you something you don't like hearing they get called a liar.

I bet you converse with an staggering number of liars.

Correct, but Irish was responding to someone who mentioned MDR food being delivered to suite

Thanks. I thought I might not have been the only one who took a moment to figure out that RS was "Room Service" and not "Royal Suite".

It seems the OP cut off his nose to spite his face. All food venues were closed so he orders room service then cancels because he was lied to. Now he has no food at all.:D

Just wondering why he felt the food would be cold, he was fine with ordering in the first place until his "issue" came up.:confused:

Obviously somebody at Room Service surely did have wrong information, and I get the OP's frustration. Maybe it's lying, or maybe it's that somebody is just blowing you off and not responding with the correct information or the information you need. And if you talk to 2 different people and they each say something different, it gets confusing as well. In any case, whatever you label it, it's frustrating.

As for the cold food comment, I get that too! If there's a 90 min. wait, and the food is being cooked NOW, then it's going to sit awhile before anyone is available to deliver it. I suspect it's the delivery system that gets backed up with RS orders, not so much the preparation of the order itself.

We don't use RS much on our cruises, although we do hang out the tag every night and have coffee delivered every morning. That service has been great. But our hang tag order is easy and requires minimal prep - just coffee for two. Other than morning coffee, our RS orders have mostly been at odd times - not meal times - and the wait hasn't been bad at all. I think if they told me it would be 90 minutes, I'd probably cancel and do something else too.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

The basic question was have you ever been lied to by a customer contact unit of Royal Caribbean as a first response? How is that question not clear? This unfortunately has not been our first experience of this.
LIED to never...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lie is a pretty strong word in this case. I think excessively strong!

The person who takes orders for room service does not always know about any possible staffing, delivery, or other problems.

By definition, a lie is a deliberate act to deceive.

I don't think a lie was actually committed in this case!