Coffee cards

Dorset Cruiser

No, it is added to the price of the card.

On our most recent cruise, I had a card with no ship name and a server wrote in the name of the ship on the back when I got a coffee. SO..... for over $36, I got exactly three coffees. Rather expensive, IMNSHO. (Even Starbucks bilge costs less than that.)

I hope you didn't throw the card away:(!! It is still good for 12 more punches!!

On our most recent cruise, I had a card with no ship name and a server wrote in the name of the ship on the back when I got a coffee. SO..... for over $36, I got exactly three coffees. Rather expensive, IMNSHO. (Even Starbucks bilge costs less than that.)

So, why did you purchase the card?

I called Princess and whether you buy it ahead of time or once you are on board - the price is $31 INCLUDING service fee.

The total price is $33.35. I pre purchased 2 several days ago and that is what we paid per card.

It's just the latest example of calling Princess & getting misinformation because Ready to Sail is correct...it's $31 EXCLUDING service fee.

Until recently pre-purchasing cost $29 and on the ship $31 (both added a 15% tip) so there was a couple dollar savings. That is no longer the situation...it's $31 plus tip ($33.35) whether pre-purchased or bought on the ship.

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #2403 $33.35

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Edited by Astro Flyer

Until recently pre-purchasing cost $29 and on the ship $31 (both added a 15% tip) so there was a couple dollar savings. That is no longer the situation...it's $31 plus tip ($33.35) whether pre-purchased or bought on the ship.

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #2403 $33.35

Base cost $29.

15% gratuity = $4.35

Total = 29 + 4.35 = $33.35

Price used to be $31 including gratuity ordering before the cruise. Princess finally figured out they were charging less.

Cost on the web site includes the 15% gratuity and is $33.35.

Cost total on board is also $33.35.

Good grief! I think we need a course from Princess "Coffee Cards 101" or maybe a "Coffee Cards for Dummies" book. This thread has gone on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Too funny! I don't care what I paid, just have my card in my cabin and point me to the IC.

Base cost $29.

15% gratuity = $4.35

Price used to be $31 including gratuity ordering before the cruise. Princess finally figured out they were charging less.

Thanks for catching my mistake...I was in a hurry & despite "proofreading" my post neglected to notice my mistake. :o

Is it more cost effective to purchase pre cruise or whilst on board and have the cost added to your account?

We Brits have until recent, never been able to pre pay for the coffee card.

I logged in to the booking I made on Monday and there was the option to pre buy. super I thought. :D

Even better when I looked at the price £20 ish, yes its charged in pounds not Dollars. When I worked back the exchange rate it was in our favour.

So I'll be buying Hubby one before we sail, 1 less item on the onboard account to be charged to the credit card.

Being able to pre pay the daily Grats is nice to, again in pounds and with a favourable exchange rate to, I'm all for paying for as much as we can before we leave. :D

plus there no worries as to what exchange rate the bank will use then there's their fee on top. hoping this times bill will be a small one :rolleyes:

Thanks Princess for bringing these options in for us in the UK, the same as our US cousins.

so my advise is if your in the UK and know you will buy one buy it before you leave, it's worth it.

Jules

So, why did you purchase the card?

Because I thought I would be able to use it. Specialty coffee isn't a really big deal with me, and DW doesn't drink coffee except for an occasional latte after dinner. Over the last cruise, I got one fresh brew late one morning and she got two lattes after dinner. That's a total of three. Thought I would get to use it on more than one cruise, as we do several a year. No biggie (means nothing compared to the cost of a cruise), just will know to not do it again.

Base cost $29.

15% gratuity = $4.35

Currently $36.86 AUD so a very good currency conversion (0.908 USD in stead of the current 0.78).:D

Because I thought I would be able to use it. Specialty coffee isn't a really big deal with me, and DW doesn't drink coffee except for an occasional latte after dinner. Over the last cruise, I got one fresh brew late one morning and she got two lattes after dinner. That's a total of three. Thought I would get to use it on more than one cruise, as we do several a year. No biggie (means nothing compared to the cost of a cruise), just will know to not do it again.

If your original card did not have a voyage written on the back, then you were luckily. Some alert barista knew better and therefore wrote the voyage number on the card. This entered you to free brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate for the duration of that cruise.

You should not have gotten a punch for the free brewed coffee. Only your wife's 2 lattes. That means that you have 13 more punches left. You can use those punches for specialty drinks, brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolates since they are no longer free on future cruises.

I have lots of cards and have never used an entire card even during a long cruise. It is less expensive to "purchase" brewed coffee than use a punch, but that's a different story. If you have the card, use it.

By the way...iced coffee from brewed coffee is considered "free". A real iced coffee with expresso shots are considered a punch. Iced tea is "free".

If your original card did not have a voyage written on the back, then you were luckily. Some alert barista knew better and therefore wrote the voyage number on the card. This entered you to free brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate for the duration of that cruise.

You should not have gotten a punch for the free brewed coffee. Only your wife's 2 lattes. That means that you have 13 more punches left. You can use those punches for specialty drinks, brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolates since they are no longer free on future cruises.

I have lots of cards and have never used an entire card even during a long cruise. It is less expensive to "purchase" brewed coffee than use a punch, but that's a different story. If you have the card, use it.

By the way...iced coffee from brewed coffee is considered "free". A real iced coffee with expresso shots are considered a punch. Iced tea is "free".

Thanks for that information. Maybe I don't require a coffee card after all, as i was mainly after the iced coffee.:D

I used the fax option and then called in the order for the card. I was charged 31$.
Princess site is confusing. If you pre-order through Personalizer the price has now increased to $33.35, BUT the downloadable order form stills shows the price as $31.00,

OK, I have not been on Princess for a few years - what is the difference between regular brewed coffee and regular coffee, that Coffee Card is used for?

The coffee card gets you free brewed coffee at the International Cafe; the coffee that is included without a coffee card (buffet & dining room) is made from coffee concentrate. The Regal & Royal have coffee machines in the buffet that use ground coffee to make filtered coffee.

Thanks for that information. Maybe I don't require a coffee card after all, as i was mainly after the iced coffee.:D

I'm sorry if I was not clear.

MDR/Horizon Court: Iced Coffee is free. It is from a concentrate syrup and tolerable for Iced Coffee since you add sugar and cream and ice. Waiters sometime have a difficult time with this request.

Coffee Card Iced Coffee: You need a coffee card for these drinks

* Unlimited Free for length of voyage card is purchased for.

* Free Iced Coffee: Brewed coffee over ice. A little week in my opinion

* Expresso Iced Coffee: Requires a punch on the card (for expresso shot). Add your own sugar and/or cream.

Hope this clarifies the descriptions. I, for one, think the coffee card is a good bargain.

AFTER your cruise, coffee card will be punched for each drink you order from the barista (brewed coffee/tea/lattes/iced drinks/etc).

I'm sorry if I was not clear.

MDR/Horizon Court: Iced Coffee is free. It is from a concentrate syrup and tolerable for Iced Coffee since you add sugar and cream and ice. Waiters sometime have a difficult time with this request.

Coffee Card Iced Coffee: You need a coffee card for these drinks

* Unlimited Free for length of voyage card is purchased for.

* Free Iced Coffee: Brewed coffee over ice. A little week in my opinion

* Expresso Iced Coffee: Requires a punch on the card (for expresso shot). Add your own sugar and/or cream.

Hope this clarifies the descriptions. I, for one, think the coffee card is a good bargain.

AFTER your cruise, coffee card will be punched for each drink you order from the barista (brewed coffee/tea/lattes/iced drinks/etc).

Thanks, perhaps I do need one afterall, I will see how it goes and then purchase on board if required.:D