Coffee cards

Dorset Cruiser

We are going on our first Princess cruise on Royal Princess next month so dont know about these coffee cards.

Do we need to buy one each or can we buy one between us and get it punched twice.Presumably only one person could get the no punch drinks.

We are not big coffee drinkers - what teas are available ? Are they served in real cups or take away type.

Is there somewhere to sit and have a drink?

thanks

Sorry didn't see the post where someone else asked the same question minutes before me

We are going on our first Princess cruise on Royal Princess next month so dont know about these coffee cards.

Do we need to buy one each or can we buy one between us and get it punched twice.Presumably only one person could get the no punch drinks.

We are not big coffee drinkers - what teas are available ? Are they served in real cups or take away type.

Is there somewhere to sit and have a drink?

thanks

You can use the punches for whoever you want. :)

Yes the IC has lots of tables/chairs in the piazza area.

I can only guess that everyone posting must have the name of their PAST cruise ship and corresponding "voyage date" written on the back of the card. I just checked mine that I bought on the Regal at Christmas and there are no identifying markers so how would they know? Guess we got lucky ~ although we only use the card for specialty coffees so they're not losing on us!;)

I can only guess that everyone posting must have the name of their PAST cruise ship and corresponding "voyage date" written on the back of the card. I just checked mine that I bought on the Regal at Christmas and there are no identifying markers so how would they know? Guess we got lucky ~ although we only use the card for specialty coffees so they're not losing on us!;)

As I don't "scam" extra black coffee on the card the voyage name doesn't matter at all to me. The card explicitly states that the specialty coffee punches are good for future voyages. It also explicitly states that the fresh brewed coffee is only for the specific voyage.

I know many people buy one card and expect to get fresh brewed coffee for themselves, their significant other, their friends, etc. but that is not how it's supposed to be used. Anybody who gets upset that they aren't allowed to cheat the system has zero sympathy from me.

A couple of years ago Princess changed their coffee card rules. That was because many people left at least 1 punch on the card and continued to use that card for brewed coffee only. Then the rule change which was each coffee card would have the ship and date written on the back by someone from the staff. Each card could be used only for that cruise for brewed coffee. However you could always use any coffee card for specialty drinks such as a espresso until all the punches were use up.

With that said I have had coffee cards with nothing written on the back and continued to use them for brewed coffee with no problem. Princess doesn't seem to be consistent with their rules at all. Just DO NOT laminate your coffee cards since that is a dead give away the coffee card is not from the cruise you are on.

BTW for brewed coffee, your card should NEVER be punched at all. The punches are for specialty coffee's only. Don't let any employee even try to punch the card for regular coffee.

Not quite correct. You can use a card for brewed coffee on subsequent cruises, but if you do it requires a punch. So your comment about a coffee card never being punched for brewed coffee is not quite correct.

Not quite correct. You can use a card for brewed coffee on subsequent cruises, but if you do it requires a punch. So your comment about a coffee card never being punched for brewed coffee is not quite correct.

That is the policy and how it should work.

But as some have posted, the servers do not always know the policy well enough.

First world problems! What would you expect to pay at your favourite coffee shop at home? Seems to me that what Princess charges is more than fair and the rules are very clearly stated.

The MDR wait staff will be more than happy to sell you a coffee card during lunch.

The teas are in these cute material tea bags. There is quite an assortment (only available at the coffee bar). I like the White Orchid (less caffeine) tea and they are very accommodating when making me iced tea.

I have seen people bring a coffee carafe from Room Service and the bar staff will fill it up with brewed coffee. I do believe this is extreme for "one" person. I don't see any problem with you bringing a 2 cup thermos container. At least the coffee will remain hot (not like the carafe).

Hope its not true as I have a couple of completely unused cards which we received in exchange for our Elite bar on a previous cruise. Not planning another Princess cruise any time soon. In fact if they can still be used, might Ebay them :)

Let us know if you are going to EBAY them!

Not everything posted on CC is accurate & many of the rumors prove to be false. And just because a crewmember incorrectly doesn't follow policy that doesn't mean that the policy has changed.

100% correct

Srpilo

What is the price of the coffee card?

Since it can be used for teas is the selection any different than the ones offered in the buffet or MDR?

Thanks!

Tom:)

There is typically a selection off eight Mighty Leaf teas; vanilla bean, Marrakesh mint green tea, organic breakfast, white orchid, chamomile citrus, organic Earl Grey, organic spring jasmine and ginger twist.

I had no problem using a card from another cruise for specialty coffee a couple of weeks ago on Golden. it had the date from when I purchased on the back. It was punched without problem.

As others have said, brewed coffee doesn't carry over to other voyages but unless they changed the policy you can use the card for espresso drinks until your punches are gone. Hope they don't change that!

It used to be if you pre-ordered the cost would only be $31.00 but Princess has now increased the pre-order price to $33.35. A 15% gratuity is included in the price of the card.

No, it is added to the price of the card.

On our most recent cruise, I had a card with no ship name and a server wrote in the name of the ship on the back when I got a coffee. SO..... for over $36, I got exactly three coffees. Rather expensive, IMNSHO. (Even Starbucks bilge costs less than that.)

On our most recent cruise, I had a card with no ship name and a server wrote in the name of the ship on the back when I got a coffee. SO..... for over $36, I got exactly three coffees. Rather expensive, IMNSHO. (Even Starbucks bilge costs less than that.)

The $33 includes the gratuity. And you get as many drinks as you have left on the card. If you only had three left, then that means you already used up the other punches. So, no, it didn't cost you $36 for three coffees *eyeroll*.

I think you may have misunderstood how the card works... The fresh brewed coffee and tea is only included free on the voyage you purchase the card - hence they put the ship name and date on the card.

You can continue to use the card to get cofee drinks until you have it completely punched ( just no freebees). Sometimes it takes me three cruises to use the punches up... That's what is so nice about the punch card. :)

SO..... for over $36, I got exactly three coffees. Rather expensive, IMNSHO. (Even Starbucks bilge costs less than that.)

If you only plan to drink three coffees, buying the card is probably

a poor value.

Similarly, buying the soda sticker is a poor value, if you don't drink

much soda.