Few quick things...

On board Allure right now,

There's 4 pools on this ship, how hard is it to dedicate 1 for people who want to swim, and the other for those who want to sit around? I had the same complaint regarding Quantum class as well!

What's with kids being allowed in the Solarium?

Anybody else has problems with the restaurant availability system? Checked it for lunch today, bar was empty and green (saying it was empty), get up there and they are literally queueing down the stairs to get in... Really is empty!

:eek:

There's 4 pools on this ship, how hard is it to dedicate 1 for people who want to swim, and the other for those who want to sit around? I had the same complaint regarding Quantum class as well!

Anybody else has problems with the restaurant availability system? Checked it for lunch today, bar was empty and green (saying it was empty), get up there and they are literally queueing down the stairs to get in... Really is empty!

Kids should not be in there. :eek:

That's annoying. No one monitoring the Solarium?

The other sounds like a computer glitch (or someone never updated the system).

Agree it would make sense to split the pools.

Hope things improve.

I was afraid of this for our upcoming Oasis cruise. I just want to lay in the sun, get in the pool occassionally to cool off. As for the Solarium I have to believe it all comes down to enfocement. They don't even enforce chair saving so why would they upset someone who's kid is in an area they don't belong in?

We were on the Allure last year and kids were always asked to leave the Solarium. It was never a problem. I'm surprised that it's not being enforced.

Enforcing rules is not Royal's strong point. Most crewmembers will avoid confrontation.

Edited by clarea

Have you complained at customer service about kids in the solarium? We've found that usually helps.

(Remember, the solarium is 16 years old and older, so some of those "kids" may actually be within the rules.)

Edited by DonnaK

If I am understanding correctly these are all different questions. We were on the Oasis last month and I believe you are referring to the pool sitters on the edge. We had issues when kids wanted to jump and splash in the pool and the pool sitters didn't care for it making their nasty comments. I had a pool and when someone got wet and complained I told them the same as a comment was made to the pool sitters, Don't go near the water then !!!!!

Just a thought, but since Saturday, we've had severe flooding and people have been displaced from their homes. Along with that, a cold front has moved into NY and we have heaters going to keep warm ! So you have kids in he solarium and dinner was crowded......like I said, just a thought, but you're on the Allure ! Forgive me if I don't feel your pain !

Just a thought, but since Saturday, we've had severe flooding and people have been displaced from their homes. Along with that, a cold front has moved into NY and we have heaters going to keep warm ! So you have kids in he solarium and dinner was crowded......like I said, just a thought, but you're on the Allure ! Forgive me if I don't feel your pain !

That's a little harsh. We are on a "cruise" forum. We are either planning cruises or have cruised before. That's a luxury in itself and something many people will never experience for themselves. We are not here trying to solve third world problems or any other modern day issues like hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes.

Have you complained at customer service about kids in the solarium? We've found that usually helps.

(Remember, the solarium is 16 years old and older, so some of those "kids" may actually be within the rules.)

Oh no these kids were probably around 5/6 years old in and out the pools and hot tubs. If I see it again today I will definitely tell Guest Services

Oh I'm sorry, let me just control the weather for you, end world hunger, defeat ISIS, ensure there's no poverty, save endangered species... Etc... Anything else?

I'm sorry my "first world problems" annoy you, in fact having to put heaters on when you live in New York is hardly an issue. Yes flooding is bad but did you want me to wait for it to clear up before posting? Cause if that's how it works we should shut down this website now and all fly to Texas with buckets?

Hope thing get better.

Other's said in their review that the windjammer bar said it was full when there was no line at all so, I guess just don't believe those indicators.

Yes, please end world hunger :D

Edited by elleran

Oh no these kids were probably around 5/6 years old in and out the pools and hot tubs. If I see it again today I will definitely tell Guest Services

Do they have the signs in Spanish? You are probably experiencing the joys of sailing from Barcelona where the rules don't seem to apply :rolleyes: However, if there are no signs in Spanish they can claim not to realise what the rules are.

I would definitely point it out to Guest Relations - make a call from the Solarium and get them to send someone up straight away. Unfortunately the pool attendants don't like confrontation and always seem prepared to turn a blind eye.

Do they have the signs in Spanish? You are probably experiencing the joys of sailing from Barcelona where the rules don't seem to apply :rolleyes: However, if there are no signs in Spanish they can claim not to realise what the rules are.

I would definitely point it out to Guest Relations - make a call from the Solarium and get them to send someone up straight away. Unfortunately the pool attendants don't like confrontation and always seem prepared to turn a blind eye.

The number 16 and a red circle with a cross through it is pretty universal, but most of the children (with parent in tow) were speaking clear English with an American accent, but yes, next time i will phone GR

Enforcing rules is not Royal's strong point. Most crewmembers will avoid confrontation.

Don't think it is any lines strong pont.

And when staff are made live on tips I wonder why they avoid confrontation.

And there are people in Nepal who would happily swap their circumstances with yours. So you have your heaters on. Some of them have lost entire families. You've got a cold front, they've got 2 major earthquakes. Also, just a thought. Forgive them if they don't feel your pain.

Any passenger is quite right to object if they are not getting facilities, service or standards that they paid for.

Edited by W and W

3 weeks ago on Explorer there were kids of 7 or 8 in the hot tubs swimming across the space almost like doing laps in a proper pool!!

I finally got out when a little tot of around 2 got in with her armbands on and sat bobbing about - no parents in sight - I was appalled :eek:

Carol

Hope thing get better.

Other's said in their review that the windjammer bar said it was full when there was no line at all so, I guess just don't believe those indicators.

This was definitely the case on our Allure cruise. The indicators almost always said that the Windjammer was full, yet we had no problem with lines or finding seats even during prime dining times.

It's so much fun to stir the pot a little, thank you all for your thoughts on fixing the worlds problems, but its obvious you have missed my point in my post ! If you are having problems with kids in the solarium or crowded venues, put your big boy pants on and find someone with a white uniform on with gold bars on it and complain to them ! As we all have stated, life could be so much worse !