Just off Imagination of the Seas - NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just back from the Imagination of the Seas and it was the absolute worst cruise of my life. I will never ever ever ever sail on Royal Caribbean again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some of the details of my terrible ordeal.

EMBARKATION

When we arrived at the port there was a line to get on the ship. I couldn't believe that we had to stand in line. You would think Royal Caribbean would have figured out how to get everyone on the ship without having a line. Once we got to the desk they asked to see my photo ID. I told them that I had already shown it to the people at the airport, but they were so rude as to insist I present it again. Royal Caribbean really needs to get their act together on this. It's unreasonable to make people show their ID all the time.

CABIN

When we finally did make it to our cabin it was an absolute pig sty!!! The first thing that I noticed was that there was a piece of lint on the comforter. I've stayed in the best 5 star hotels all over the world I have never seen such a travesty as this. Just the thought of sleeping in a bed that had a piece of lint on the comforter was making me sick so I picked up the phone to call the steward. Instead of coming right to my room, it took him 3 minutes to get there. This level of service is just unacceptable! I told him about the lint and he wanted to merely remove the lint. I told him that the whole comforter needed to be replaced immediately. He left and came back with a new one but we had to wait for him for 7 minutes. I also noticed that there was some dust on the back of the TV. The refrigerator was too small to hold the 4 cases of beer that I snuck on board so I called and asked if they could bring another one up. They said that there could only be 1 per stateroom. This is the dumbest policy I ever heard. I told them that I would be writing a letter to the CEO of Royal Caribbean about this. There were multiple other things wrong with the room as well including the toliet paper not being the same as the one we use at home. When I went on the balcony to check it out, it was really windy out there. I called down to Guest Services to complain and they tried to make me beleive that they no control over it. They said that there was nothing they could do to fix it.

DINING

Royal Caribbean has the worst food! In the main dining room, the Chateaubriand should have been served at a temperature of 170 degrees, but it was clearly 172 or 173. The lobster tails were so bad that I had real issues even finishing the 4th one. But, the worst part was the service we received in the dining room. Our waiter did not even bother to ask the names of our children even though we told them that our kids were at home. One night after my wife ordered the beef wellington, but changed her mind after ordering. Our waiter didn't even check with my wife to see if she had changed her mind and instead just brought out the beef wellington. It's not unreasonable for people to change their mind after ordering. The waiter should have checked with my wife and he would have known that she really wanted the pork medallions. That's the main reason we removed the auto-tip from our account. The buffet was even worse than the dining room. For breakfast they didn't have super crunch berries with marshallows which is my wife's favorite cereal. The food for lunch was so terrible it was like being forced to eat at Outback. My sister-in-law's friend's cousin's father-in-law also said the food on Royal Caribbean sucks!

I would like the address of Royal Caribbean CEO so that I can write for a full refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by NightOne

About an 11 year old post of mine I ran across from the past. Changed the names and added a bunch of exclamation marks but seems just as relevant as it was in 2004. LOL

Original here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=37182

Was reading some other threads and was trying to remember if things were much better in the past here on CC when it came to complaining and was reminded: not really. LOL

About an 11 year old post of mine I ran across from the past. Changed the names and added a bunch of exclamation marks but seems just as relevant as it was in 2004. LOL

Was reading some other threads and was trying to remember if things were much better in the past here on CC when it came to complaining and was reminded: not really. LOL

Haha. Very nice!

Thanks for a much needed Friday afternoon laugh.... 😂😂😂 I first thought, "Imagination of the Seas"??? How did I miss the launch of that vessel??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What?? How dare you! No mention of the drink prices????;)

No drink packages back when I originally wrote that. :)

However, some complaining about bar service or quality of drinks would definitely be appropriate for it. :)

Excellent post. Completely unacceptable conditions. I hope you get satisfaction when you email the CEO.

Wishing my fellow travellers a wonderful weekend, calm seas and smooth sailing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, people rarely believe me, when they go on a rant about how the quality has plummeted in the last couple years, and I respond that people have been claiming the same thing for as long as I've been around CC.