Income of Royal Caribbean Passengers

What is your cruising family's household income?  

734 members have voted

1. 1. What is your cruising family's household income?

• 0-40,000
    • 40,001-80,000
    • 80,001-120,000
    • 120,001-180,000
    • 180,001 +

Income really means little without the cost of living being applied.

While some posts discuss very high $$$ per square foot, there are also places where homes are very reasonable, and you can buy a 3,000 square foot house for $300,000. Some states also have no state income tax, and much lower real estate property tax.

Some people are in debt up to their eyeballs and still want a new car every year or so, while others are content to live below their means, not carry credit card debt and drive their car for 10 years.

Income means nothing if that is all that is being counted.

My hubby and I are both in our 30s work full time in average salary jobs in the UK. We don't have kids. We work very hard and save an awful lot to get on a ship every year. We always fly economy and take an inside cabin. This year we are doing back to back in the southern Caribbean and I can honestly say it is the most we have ever spent on a holiday....beans on toast for dinner from now until November!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

My hubby and I are both in our 30s work full time in average salary jobs in the UK. We don't have kids. We work very hard and save an awful lot to get on a ship every year. We always fly economy and take an inside cabin. This year we are doing back to back in the southern Caribbean and I can honestly say it is the most we have ever spent on a holiday....beans on toast for dinner from now until November!

We complain about airfare within the states, I can't even imagine how much you have to pay to get to FL or San Juan for your B2B! There is no way we could cruise as much as we do with $1000 per ticket airfare!

We have actually been watching airfare to Glasgow. Our son is applying for Grad school there and we hope to pay for airfare to Scotland this summer for him!!! And again for us fall 2017 to go visit him and celebrate his graduation!

Enjoy your B2B! I have been watching your weather too..does it ever get 70 in Glasgow?? You deserve a Caribbean holiday!

Lauri

I am like you,work very hard and save an awful lot to get on a ship every year.I am on the minimum wages.Just love to cruise.

I will be retired next year at age 59:confused:

I am like you,work very hard and save an awful lot to get on a ship every year.I am on the minimum wages.Just love to cruise.

I will be retired next year at age 59:confused:

I have a few years to go before I can say that! But with any luck I will have a lottery win and move onto a cruise ship full time :-)

FWIW I can using Chrome on my Android phone.

So you see the web version with chrome vs the play store app :what:

I see, it doesn't look very good on a phone screen though. BTW, is there a setting on the web version that allows you to see the threads you have participated on? That is the best thing about the app

Edited by John&LaLa

What's the big deal? If you don't want people to know, don't post. And it's not like anyone would know who you are anyway. I just don't get all the haters.

That is the whole point. NO ONE knows who makes in what category unless they specifically post it. It's an anonymous poll. I answered the poll, but I also gave further info which gives you an idea, but honestly, no one here knows me or what DH or I each make. No one is telling their income to anyone.

I do have to say I had no issues either, but it really doesn't prove anything. Where you live has a lot more to do with it than just income. The average home in our area, not just our zip code, but probably for 35 miles around us is closer to 500K. You can't even buy a 1 bedroom condo for 100K. Our cost of living is higher and our incomes are too. That said, we're in our 50's and at the peak of our earning so we make more than the average for our area, but we weren't always in that position. My car is new, not a cheap car, but by no means a luxury one and DH's car is 8 years old. If you knew our income, you'd think we were close to "rich" but, while well off, we are not unusual for our zip code and we have neighbors that have one income at the level of our two. Too many variables for this survey to mean squat.

I'm also a Federal Gov employee so a lot of people know what I make, just as I know theirs because we're all on a pay grade scale and can usually guess within a few steps what they make.

We've also chosen over the years to live on DH's salary as much as possible and play with mine since I went back to work part-time when our boys were 12 and 14. Currently, mine goes to my car payment, our internet/tv/phones and vacations, etc. We qualify for a larger mortgage than we have, but that's okay...

I'm guessing 22150. :D

I hear this over and over and it is so untrue. I have taken the family to Disney at least 8 times in the last decade and I can go there two or three times for the price of a cruise. Cruising is an expensive vacation.

Have no idea what cruise you are trying to take but just a day pass to a Disney park runs over $100 a day and out of 15 cruises I've taken I have yet to spend $100 per person for a cruise. while I would agree cruising isn't the absolute cheapest form of vacationing, it sure beats the hell out of Disney cost wise any day of the week.

I took my daughters to Disney World last year. I have a three-bedroom timeshare that I bought for a $1 on eBay. With my RCI timeshare membership, I can rent timeshares for $299 or less a week if its three months or less before the vacation. I paid $185 for a two-bedroom five minutes from the entrance to DW. About $150 for the car rental. 7-day ticket to DW was $320. I bought food for breakfast and lunch and we went out for dinner. Air fare was $200 each.

Don't forget to add maint fees to that cost analysis. Even without that, the cost of your week at Disney was more than the cost of most of my cruises. I took a cruise in Dec 2013 that cost $149 per person for 5 nights. I can't get a two day pass to Disney for that much less food, sleep, or anything else.

Edited by Out to sea!

I feel for you....... live in Van. too!!!:D

Some may think you are exaggerating but we know different.:eek::eek:

Actually, I'm vacationing in Whistler and feel your pain just by going out to dinner at night. Y'all are correct, the prices for real estate here are ridiculous! :eek:

BTW, is there a setting on the web version that allows you to see the threads you have participated on?

I don't actually use the CC app. I just use the browser. I do have Tapatalk though and it does have that feature.

FWIW, I'm kind of an app snob. I hate putting apps on the phone unless I have a real good reason for doing so.

We get a few nice weeks here! On the west coast it doesn't need to be 70 to be really nice...But generally it's nice from April to September x hope you make it over some day x

I don't actually use the CC app. I just use the browser. I do have Tapatalk though and it does have that feature.

FWIW, I'm kind of an app snob. I hate putting apps on the phone unless I have a real good reason for doing so.

Cheers to that. I have just the needed apps on my phone too.

Have no idea what cruise you are trying to take but just a day pass to a Disney park runs over $100 a day and out of 15 cruises I've taken I have yet to spend $100 per person for a cruise. while I would agree cruising isn't the absolute cheapest form of vacationing, it sure beats the hell out of Disney cost wise any day of the week.

March 2016 on the Oasis. The rest is covered in post 79, not going to rehash it.

I hear this over and over and it is so untrue. I have taken the family to Disney at least 8 times in the last decade and I can go there two or three times for the price of a cruise. Cruising is an expensive vacation.

A 7 day disney ticket is $356, not including park hopper. Now add in meals and lodging. I'm not sure how you can possibly go to disney even twice for the cost of one cruise.

To get that 2:1 ratio I think you'll have to stay at the fort wilderness campground and make most or all of your own food. Or you're staying in a Grand Suite or better. I just don't see how you can make the math work if you're really serious and making a apples to apples comparison.

A 7 day disney ticket is $356, not including park hopper....

Is the $356 price a regular ticket, i.e., the one that requires many hours of standing in line for popular rides?

Is the $356 price a regular ticket, i.e., the one that requires many hours of standing in line for popular rides?

They all involve standing in line to some extent.

Everyone with a valid ticket is eligible to use their Fastpass system,

which reduces your wait time. It's a theme park, I'm not sure how

you'd design one that that doesn't involve a lot of waiting in line.

You can plan ahead of time and avoid some of it, but it depends on how much time you want to invest in the pre-planning. We're going next month, and it will be the last time we go for a couple of reasons. One is the whole H1B debacle (they've backed out of this 2nd one) and the other is just the part where I don't like spending so much time scheduling my vacation down to where I know hour by hour where I'll be.

If I'm cruising, I'll say ok we're shopping in the afternoon. I don't have to go to the extent of saying, at 1pm we start by hitting Shop X, then move to Shop Y, then we need to race across town to get to Shops A & B, etc.

It's preference if you're cool with that and enjoy it, then please by all means go enjoy!

They all involve standing in line to some extent.

Everyone with a valid ticket is eligible to use their Fastpass system,

which reduces your wait time. It's a theme park, I'm not sure how

you'd design one that that doesn't involve a lot of waiting in line.

You can plan ahead of time and avoid some of it, but it depends on how much time you want to invest in the pre-planning. We're going next month, and it will be the last time we go for a couple of reasons. One is the whole H1B debacle (they've backed out of this 2nd one) and the other is just the part where I don't like spending so much time scheduling my vacation down to where I know hour by hour where I'll be.

If I'm cruising, I'll say ok we're shopping in the afternoon. I don't have to go to the extent of saying, at 1pm we start by hitting Shop X, then move to Shop Y, then we need to race across town to get to Shops A & B, etc.

It's preference if you're cool with that and enjoy it, then please by all means go enjoy!

Thanks for the explanation. We haven't been to Disney in probably 20 years. Just got tired of the lines.