Are Shampoo and conditional provided

silly2003

Seems like a small thing, but I'm trying to figure out if shampoo and conditioner are provided on board Princess ships. I am packing now and would prefer to only provide what I needed for my non-cruise part of the trip.

Thank you.

Seems like a small thing, but I'm trying to figure out if shampoo and conditioner are provided on board Princess ships. I am packing now and would prefer to only provide what I needed for my non-cruise part of the trip.

Thank you.

Yes they are. If you have no problem using various brands of shampoo and conditioner,you will be fine. If you really rely on a favorite brand, you might want to bring that too. :)

I am not picky about shampoo but the combination stuff on the ship leaves something out. I do better when I bring a small container (or 2 depending on length of cruise) of conditioner (like what you get in hotels - I have LOTS of those). Doesn't take up any space in the suitcase and weighs next to nothing.

I am usually not real picky (I can use most shampoos and conditioners provided in the hotels we've stayed in) but the combination stuff Princess switched to last year is pretty bad.

I would bring my own.

You asked..............

(Are you flying in a day early?

As a last resort you can bring the stuff from your hotel.)

Edited by chamima

I'm good with generic as well. But, it took almost 2 months for my hair to forgive me for a 7 day cruise using Princess generic garbage. Well, not exactly garbage. The shampoo makes pretty good body wash. Just don't use it on your hair.

Combination shampoo/conditioner is a drugstore-quality product at best. I would never put a drugstore brand haircare product on my hair and would certainly not use a combination product, even it were made by Alterna or Bumble and bumble. Which I'm sure Princess's isn't. Low quality plus the ship's soft water will mean your hair will be a tangled, dry, unmanageable mess. Take your own.

Picky or not,that is not the question regarding the use of the provided "shampoo and conditioner".

I found it to be awful!

I used it once,and my hair was a tangled mess.

The product left my hair in such a way that I could barely put a comb through it.

Since that experience, when the product was introduced,I pack my own shampoo and conditioner.

That's my heads up re : the shampoo/conditioner product provided by Princess - pardon the pun!

I get the Shampoo & Conditioner at the Lotus Spa it works for me.

Tony

Do they still have the old (separate conditioner and shampoo) stuff available for free at the Spa or is it now for sale?

On Regal this past January and used combo for first time. Will be bringing my own for future cruises. Also, noticed no hand cream but I asked an got loads of Lotus spa brand.

They have lotion if you ask but as with the other items its crap. :(

Nothing like the old eucalyptus lotion. Loved that stuff.