Yummy black and white cookies

workstocruise

We had these delicious cookies on our Baltic cruise on the Constellation in 2013. They had them everyday at Cafe el Bacio. I looked for them constantly on our recent Equinox cruise but they never had them. Next we are sailing to Alaska on the Millie. Any chance we might get them on that ship? They are soooo good.

We had these delicious cookies on our Baltic cruise on the Constellation in 2013. They had them everyday at Cafe el Bacio. I looked for them constantly on our recent Equinox cruise but they never had them. Next we are sailing to Alaska on the Millie. Any chance we might get them on that ship? They are soooo good.

We never saw them on the Summit last month.

I kept looking for them since I heard so much about them on here.

Oh well... we found plenty of other yummy desserts :D

We never saw them on the Summit last month.

I kept looking for them since I heard so much about them on here.

Oh well... we found plenty of other yummy desserts :D

They had them on the Summit in 2013. I hope they are back for a repeat performance in 2016.

They had them at Cafe al Bacio on the Silhouette last fall. They'd either been frozen or refrigerated, and they were awful.

New York is the only place to get true, delicious black and whites. :)

The best black and white cookies I ever had were from Zaro's Bread Basket in NYC - specifically the location in Penn Station.

That was a dangerous thing, since I traveled through there twice a day for many, many years...LOL

There was a recipe from America's Test Kitchen - although I didn't make them I know someone who did. They came close to Zaro's.

I found the recipe online - someone reposted from America's Test Kitchen. You can get the actual recipe from America's Test Kitchen, but you either have to join or sign up for a free trial.

http://www.treats-sf.com/2012/01/black-and-white-cookies.html

I thought I remembered seeing the black-and-white cookies on my November 2014 constellation transatlantic cruise. However, I didn't get to try them. Will look for them again when I am back November 2015.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

The best black and white cookies I ever had were from Zaro's Bread Basket in NYC - specifically the location in Penn Station.

That was a dangerous thing, since I traveled through there twice a day for many, many years...LOL

There was a recipe from America's Test Kitchen - although I didn't make them I know someone who did. They came close to Zaro's.

I found the recipe online - someone reposted from America's Test Kitchen. You can get the actual recipe from America's Test Kitchen, but you either have to join or sign up for a free trial.

http://www.treats-sf.com/2012/01/black-and-white-cookies.html

They are also good from Zaro' bakery in Grand Central Station!

Will be moving to New York soon enough and will have to take Amtrak down to find this bakery in Penn station on one of my visits.

Will be moving to New York soon enough and will have to take Amtrak down to find this bakery in Penn station on one of my visits.

It's on the right hand side as you exit out of the 7th ave you entrance/ exit.

Yes, Zaro's black and whites are fabulous. :) They may even have invented them. Check out this neat video.

I have tried the black and whites on previous cruises and took one bite and threw them out. Others also commented about them in the same way. They had been frozen I believe or refrigerated for days. I have had them from local bakeries and I was disappointed with the quality on board. They were not on our last Reflection cruise.

I have had black/white cookies on some ships. Some ships do not have them. Some are good. Some are not good. I have been on most Celebrity ships. They are all different. Some ships have them. Some don't have those cookies. Each ship makes different cakes, cookies, pies, etc. My favorite ship, Summit, makes the best cakes. Their red velvet cake is fabulous. Summit oatmeal cookies are very good. However, Eclipse has better cookies. Millenium does the best pies. Also, in Cafe Al Bacio, choices change from day to day. The one thing that is excellent on all Celebrity ships is the cheesecake. On each ship, you will find lots of choices. You will find something that you will like. Enjoy!

The black and white cookies on Celebrity are but a shadow (and a very weak one at that) to almost any you can get in the City.

You should have said "any city".

I agree they have been real weak. Nothing like I have ever tasted. I imagine the same is true with beef. I was raving about the filet mignon at one of the specialty restaurants and the person near me was from the Midwest. He told me that it was good but not like a fresh filet from his area. Probably true. But it was real good to me and I did eat it all!