96 hours "live", Freedom of the Seas - June 21, 2015

Just the appetizers. If you recall we had a long wait for main course and taking pics no longer seemed important :(

ry%3D400

Scallops with carmelized onions and maybe bacon crumbles

ry%3D400

Colossal shrimp cocktail

ry%3D400

Pork belly, I think, very tasty :D

Very nice view! I just thought of another question. Any craft beers onboard?

First off, I'm probably not much of an authority on the subject of craft beer. I'm really not sure what qualifies, but here are some of the offering that may or may not be considered craft beer. BTW, I generally dring Newcastle Brown, Corona and Bud Light. It's all good to me

Estrella Damm

Dogfish Head Tweaspns Ale

Redhook Long Hammer

Goose Island 312

Widmer

On another note, the Fosters Oil can now seems to be included in package. the only one not is Chimay.

Here is the full beer list from the Promenade Pub, sorry if it is not real clear :o

ry%3D400

I had an egg white omelette almost every morning, had to wait about 5-10 minutes most days. We also had nachos most every day around 4:00 since we had late dinner. The last pic is what we had Sunday night. $11.99, how come RCI can't make something like this :mad:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

16" of Heaven from Papa Vito's on A1A :D

Chef's Table menu below. I didn't go, but I heard the food was great and the wine flowed. Cost was $55 and had 24 guests. Held in WJ, not much ambiance in my view. We were also told that there was a galley tour included the next day. We did not get that on Legend this past December

ry%3D400

I don't think I have anything else to share but as always, I will try and respond to any questions.

Ran across this sign after midnight on Saturday. Bizarre :confused:

ry%3D400

Cheers

Edited by John&LaLa

Thanks for the additional info.

I'm a local, and yet it was not until I started researching the Freedom that it really clicked that we've got a new terminal. So... when you park, you put your own luggage on some type of conveyor system (w/GPS?) ? I read that somewhere, but I'd like to hear more about this whole process - definitely sounds different than any other terminal I've embarked at !

Chef's Table... 24 people (too many, IMHO) and in WJ ! You're right, doesn't do much for ambiance. My interest just plummeted. I think the Chops Grille California Vineyards is the one to look forward to.

Thanks again,

Tom

Thanks for the additional info.

I'm a local, and yet it was not until I started researching the Freedom that it really clicked that we've got a new terminal. So... when you park, you put your own luggage on some type of conveyor system (w/GPS?) ? I read that somewhere, but I'd like to hear more about this whole process - definitely sounds different than any other terminal I've embarked at !

Chef's Table... 24 people (too many, IMHO) and in WJ ! You're right, doesn't do much for ambiance. My interest just plummeted. I think the Chops Grille California Vineyards is the one to look forward to.

Thanks again,

Tom

You find someone to drop you off or take a cab. ;)

Seriously, you still drop off luggage with porters, but you do it in the garage. You do have option of dropping off before parking or lugging your bags from car to elevator to the porters. No idea about how they track bags.

So how close are you? We are on A1A about a mile south of Ron Jon

Ah, but you are closer to Total Wine. :D

My thought exactly!:)

Seems appropriate though, as I met Cheryl for the first time over 30 years ago in a liquor store. Before any assumptions are made, however, I should probably note that she was a store manager and I was a delivery driver. My, how times have changed!

Tom

Tom and Cheryl, hope to meet you on board! My husband and I are cruising on Royal Caribbean for the first time after 10 cruises on Carnival! Planning on using this as a relaxing and rejuvenating cruise after a year of medical treatment for my husband who I can gladly say is in remission from Multiple Myeloma!

Tom and Cheryl, hope to meet you on board! My husband and I are cruising on Royal Caribbean for the first time after 10 cruises on Carnival! Planning on using this as a relaxing and rejuvenating cruise after a year of medical treatment for my husband who I can gladly say is in remission from Multiple Myeloma!

Looking forward to it !

Yes, it sounds like you two are due for a nice relaxing getaway. :)

Tom

This is my favourite addition to the Chops menu. If they had some Peter Lugar red sauce it would be gone from my plate even faster. :)

I had a hard time figuring out which parts to actually eat. :confused:

I had a hard time figuring out which parts to actually eat. :confused:

I just ate it all. I've wondered about having one come with the filet as a garnish, one that would be eaten.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

12:30 ish. We were onboard by 1:00

Sounds good. We usually arrive earlier, but this year we'll be staying our pre-cruise night in Orlando at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes. Got a great deal through our motor club, which I won't mention here because they also do travel (although I've never used them for anything other than road service.) :) We're early risers, even on vacation, but I don't want to feel rushed either. We're renting a car through Hertz and will do the return at Port Canaveral and shuttle over like we've done in the past.

Feels a little weird not to be staying at the Residence Inn. We've stayed there for all of our cruises sailing out of PC, but we're trying to change it up a little this trip.

What time do they typically have the cabins ready, and any idea if that differs for suites ?

I don't want to get there overly early, and have to wander about with our carry-on stuff.

THANKS

Tom

Staterooms are typically ready around 1pm, sometimes 1:30pm. Suites open at the same time.

What time do they typically have the cabins ready, and any idea if that differs for suites ?

I don't want to get there overly early, and have to wander about with our carry-on stuff.

THANKS

Tom

I fully expected 1:30, but we were told 1:00, so we headed to 7 and waited till about 1:15 :(

Other decks seemed to open sooner. Luckily we stood in one of the promenade balconies to avoid the crowds.

1435688412202.jpg.f80b01eaf37eb721a9e9c8f5518f95a5.jpg