Non Grills passengers.

foster269

Thank you I shall do that immediately. Another of life's small annoyances successfully removed and it's only 09.30. Could turn out to be a good day.

MM

Glad it helped, I don't use one myself and I usually use the app where they don't show anyway.

I certainly don't find them annoying though, they can be very illuminating.

Just as irritating as the constant 'Grills Mentioners' are the postscripts containing reams of cruises taken and ships sailed. Very often these lists are longer than the posts. I mean, who actually bothers to count? We've been cruising for some years now and I've no idea how many it is. I suppose if I got the photo albums out but....

MM

Sadly it's the only way I can remember my cruises :( :D

We are new to Cunard, only two cruises on the QV, going on the OM2 this September for the first time.

For our first cruise I asked a lot of questions on this board because my DH is a fussy eater and rarely eats in the MDR straight off the menu on any line we go on. I was told special orders were not something that was done on Cunard in the MDR; only such service was available in the grills. Well you can see that was not our experience since we are back. :)

We found that overall our experience on Cunard was first rate. We have cruised primarily on Princess, Holland America, Celebrity - actually on 9 different lines over past 30 years.

Can't afford a world cruise, may do a segment some day, that would be my dream. Do not need the grills to be satisfied. If I could afford why not? :)

We are new to Cunard, only two cruises on the QV, going on the OM2 this September for the first time.

For our first cruise I asked a lot of questions on this board because my DH is a fussy eater and rarely eats in the MDR straight off the menu on any line we go on. I was told special orders were not something that was done on Cunard in the MDR; only such service was available in the grills. Well you can see that was not our experience since we are back. :)

We found that overall our experience on Cunard was first rate. We have cruised primarily on Princess, Holland America, Celebrity - actually on 9 different lines over past 30 years.

Can't afford a world cruise, may do a segment some day, that would be my dream. Do not need the grills to be satisfied. If I could afford why not? :)

We also had a great experience on our first Cunard cruise.

We have done world cruise sectors on Aurora and Arcadia and really enjoyed them, apart from the long haul flights. Would not do a full world cruise as there are places on all the world cruises that we would not want to revisit and areas of the world that I have no intention of visiting now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just as irritating as the constant 'Grills Mentioners' are the postscripts containing reams of cruises taken and ships sailed. Very often these lists are longer than the posts. I mean, who actually bothers to count? We've been cruising for some years now and I've no idea how many it is. I suppose if I got the photo albums out but....

MM

I began listing mine when I realized how helpful it was to know what ships a poster had sailed on when they were making a comment or providing advice about cruising. It has never made me envious to see that other people have experienced more or better than me -- just made me more interested in hearing their views and getting their advice.

We have also loved our dining experience in the Britannia MDR. However, on our last cruise we had the opportunity to book a Britannia Club and get a free upgrade to Princess Grill. We did so and loved it even more. While we cannot afford to regularly sail the Grills at regular rates, we will certainly keep our eyes open for Grill deals and take them when available.

• 1 month later...
Maybe there should be a separate Grills sub forum to the Cunard forum to avoid anyone being offended by discussion of this tier of accommodation. Some of the features might include:

- welcome bottle of champagne for new QG users (and sparkling wine for PG users)

- faster posting of replies

- special proofreader butlers for future and past Queens Grill CCers

- personalised fonts and signatures for users

- priority access to forum moderators (where operationally available)

- digital books and Atlas provided for profiles

- online Grills concierge service to handle friend requests and delete regretful posts

- sarcasm and condesension icons to indicate these reactions to other users

- online 'pillow' concierge menu that has CC forum colour gradually adjust itself to brightness levels that are conducive to sleep at night

- special firewall to prevent unworthy Britannia grade CCers from accessing the Grills sub forum.

Naturally I say all this in jest! :)

Now, that's funny!

Solent Richard

Your post 'Dining with a princess' was very interesting when we were researching a possible cruise on Cunard, sadly health and insurance issues have now stopped us cruising.

If the grills had not been mentioned, I would have found it very difficult to find the information if I had not been able to search for the 'grills', or any grade of cabin on this forum. I failed to research a cabin on Celebrity, we ended up in a cabin with a balcony only fit for a limbo dancer!

Another Richard!

:D

Looking at your past Cruises all P.O. maybe you should try Cunard, I think you would find it most enjoyable even in a non grill suite.

Having cruised on both P&O (4 ships) and Cunard Grills (2 ships), we find the difference between the two lines is simply furnishings and decor. On both lines we find the service standards to be high and the dining experience to be excellent. Nowadays, having received astonishingly poor service from a Cunard employee, albeit a land-based employee, we favour P&O.

Don't want to get into a heated debate on here, but very few people shore side these days actually work for Cunard, they work for Carnival corporation ..... next week they could at a push, be answering the telephone for Costa. ;)

Princess line does the overall mgt of Cunard. It used to be HAL.

I did consider the grills once but then I noticed the sewer smell on deck around the Queen Grill and have been very happy to be in the main dining hall ever since. :)

we had a sewer smell on QV on Rome to Rome this year in the 40xx series rooms, in the passageway between two rooms in one area of the passage way only and across from some sort of sliding crew access door, I called engineering twice and was there when the tech came (by chance) he opened the sliding door and there was nothing there but access to a stairwell. the smell was only in the passageway, not in the rooms or in that stairwell so not a problem but to me definitely a sewer type smell. it was there at least 1/2 the time when you walked by.

we had a sewer smell on QV on Rome to Rome this year in the 40xx series rooms, in the passageway between two rooms in one area of the passage way only and across from some sort of sliding crew access door, I called engineering twice and was there when the tech came (by chance) he opened the sliding door and there was nothing there but access to a stairwell. the smell was only in the passageway, not in the rooms or in that stairwell so not a problem but to me definitely a sewer type smell. it was there at least 1/2 the time when you walked by.

That can happen with a sewer blockage somewhere but the problem I mentionis coming from large vents just above the deck that come from the sewer treatment plant. When the wind is right it engulfs the pax walking the deck.