MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

We are booked on Seaside in July. We booked deck 11 aft s2 11210. It looks like it has a different balcony ( larger?) Due to the canbin it is next to with the whirl pool tub on balcony. Any idea if our suite is any larger or if the balcony is bigger? I didn't pick it , it was just given to me and since there weren't many left i wasn't going to be picky😊

The stateroom and veranda are slightly larger, due to the position on the hump of the ship. The basic stateroom is the same size, though there is an additional triangle shape area where the stateroom would end (at the sliding doors). Though the extra space in the stateroom is not "a lot," it is a no cost extra. On the other hand, the veranda is much larger because of its location the hump. We booked one of these S2 suites when the Seaside was released, then later sailed in a similar position (B2, on the hump) on the Divina. Your specific veranda will give you a wonderful panoramic view of the aft of the ship, and may be able to look down to the promenade deck (as I was able to do on the Divina). If this is the case, it will add scale and composition to photography - especially at night time when the promenade deck is illuminated.

The stateroom and veranda are slightly larger, due to the position on the hump of the ship. The basic stateroom is the same size, though there is an additional triangle shape area where the stateroom would end (at the sliding doors). Though the extra space in the stateroom is not "a lot," it is a no cost extra.

It's not a no-cost extra, since you're paying more to be in an S2 than you would be in a normal balcony, and it's unclear that being in an S2 gives you anything else beyond the bigger cabin (as we recently discussed here).

The stateroom and veranda are slightly larger, due to the position on the hump of the ship. The basic stateroom is the same size, though there is an additional triangle shape area where the stateroom would end (at the sliding doors). Though the extra space in the stateroom is not "a lot," it is a no cost extra. On the other hand, the veranda is much larger because of its location the hump.

It's not a no-cost extra, since you're paying more to be in an S2 than you would be in a normal balcony, and it's unclear that being in an S2 gives you anything else beyond the bigger cabin (as we recently discussed here).

It is indeed a no extra cost - referring to the triangle of stateroom space, and the larger veranda. I was not referring to different categories (B2 vs S2). NCL imposes a surcharge if you want a stateroom with a larger veranda, as compared to another stateroom with similar category and similar location. MSC does not surcharge to select a stateroom on the hump, whether it's a B2 on the Divina, or S2 on the Seaside. Yes, MSC imposes a higher price for an S2 versus a B2, but that has nothing to do with the extra "triangle" of space in the stateroom, nor does it have anything to do with the larger veranda.

They look great.... except for that tiger-skin carpet! Yowsa! That's pretty hideous! It's a shame, since the rest of the ship looks so nice.

I bet it will look good once it's all furnished. Then again, I've always been partial to the, er, "loud" design on Carnival's ships. :cool:

It is indeed a no extra cost - referring to the triangle of stateroom space, and the larger veranda. I was not referring to different categories (B2 vs S2). NCL imposes a surcharge if you want a stateroom with a larger veranda, as compared to another stateroom with similar category and similar location. MSC does not surcharge to select a stateroom on the hump, whether it's a B2 on the Divina, or S2 on the Seaside. Yes, MSC imposes a higher price for an S2 versus a B2, but that has nothing to do with the extra "triangle" of space in the stateroom, nor does it have anything to do with the larger veranda.

I don't want to argue about this, but given that an S2 category gives no additional benefits beyond the larger cabin/balcony, and all of the S2 cabins are the same size and are larger than normal balcony cabins, I don't see how you can say that you're not paying extra for the space. How else do you justify the higher price?

NCL imposes a surcharge if you want a stateroom with a larger veranda, as compared to another stateroom with similar category and similar location.
Not always.

There are a few "secret" balconies that are larger than those in the same category and are the exact same price.

There are "extended balcony" categories which cost more but a balcony on the "bump out" (aka angled balcony) will cost the same as the standard balcony that is next to it if they are the same category. Other "secrets" may be wider than standard, for ex.

I don't want to argue about this, but given that an S2 category gives no additional benefits beyond the larger cabin/balcony, and all of the S2 cabins are the same size and are larger than normal balcony cabins, I don't see how you can say that you're not paying extra for the space. How else do you justify the higher price?

Bill - I don't think you understand what I am saying. MSC has ships which have I2, B2 and S2 staterooms which vary in size (interior space and/or veranda). MSC does not impose an additional fee for a stateroom with more space (interior or veranda) within its respective category. Naturally, a B2 will cost more than an I2, and an S2 will cost more than a B2. Conversely, other cruise lines charge more for a stateroom because of slightly more interior space or a larger veranda. Check out Norwegian Epic, deck 12 (category B6 vs. BA).

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Epic&deck=12

My previous post was specifically referencing the additional interior "triangle" space and the larger veranda. In comparing MSC Seaside S2 staterooms #9208 vs #15040, 9208 has a veranda which is larger than 15040. There is no difference in price for these S2 staterooms. In comparing MSC Divina B2 staterooms #12093, #12095 and #12097, 12093 has more interior space (due to its proximity on the hump) AND has a larger veranda as compared to 12095 and 12097 (though the larger interior space is not shown on the deckplan). In addition, 12095 has a larger veranda as compared to 12097. There is no difference in price for these B2 staterooms.

Not always. There are a few "secret" balconies that are larger than those in the same category and are the exact same price. There are "extended balcony" categories which cost more but a balcony on the "bump out" (aka angled balcony) will cost the same as the standard balcony that is next to it if they are the same category. Other "secrets" may be wider than standard, for ex.

Yes, most every cruise line has ships with anomalies. However, in the example I cited (Epic BA/B6), there was no difference between the two staterooms, other than the larger veranda (due to its proximity on the hump). In this case, NCL is charging more for the larger veranda.

At this point, nobody knows whether an S2 will have any upgrades as compared to a B2. When I booked my S2, I did so because of the additional interior space. Granted, in December 2015, the difference in size of S2 vs B2 was much more dramatic as compared to what is reflected on the website today (215 vs 177 sf).

I had a Fantastica Balcony on Divina and we had the big, partly wedge shaped balcony and it was the same price as all the other Fantastica balconies when we booked.

I had a Fantastica Balcony on Divina and we had the big, partly wedge shaped balcony and it was the same price as all the other Fantastica balconies when we booked.

My previous post was specifically referencing the additional interior "triangle" space and the larger veranda. In comparing MSC Seaside S2 staterooms #9208 vs #15040, 9208 has a veranda which is larger than 15040. There is no difference in price for these S2 staterooms. In comparing MSC Divina B2 staterooms #12093, #12095 and #12097, 12093 has more interior space (due to its proximity on the hump) AND has a larger veranda as compared to 12095 and 12097 (though the larger interior space is not shown on the deckplan). In addition, 12095 has a larger veranda as compared to 12097. There is no difference in price for these B2 staterooms.

That's nice, but this thread is about Seaside. Are there any normal Fantastica balcony cabins which have larger balconies, or have they all been moved into S2 so they can charge more for them?