CCL stock over $50/share!

StartrainDD

Just saw a big jump in the CCL stock price today. Makes me very glad I bought my 100 shares (now about 113) at about $31 a few years back.

Those shareholder OBC's are wonderful and help hold down our end of cruise bill on all our HAL cruises!

Arie

WOW! That's great. I bought mine at $35 last fall after reading about the shareholder benefit on CC! Will use the $250 credit this summer on VOV, thanks to info posted here. I didn't think about the stock going up, just the onboard credit. I don't know about the dividends...

CCL's current annual dividend rate is $1/share ...

Correct. They also offer an automatic dividend reinvestment plan which is why we now have ~113 shares. At the price we paid, the dividend was a 3% yield which we sure aren't getting at the bank these days!

Yay! This has been a great investment for us. We bought at around $23 a share a few years ago and have enjoyed good dividends and share price increase.

The best thing though, as been the OBCs. On our South America cruise with Carnival we recieived $750 in OBCs! (Three back to back cruises booked separately of 14 + days each.)

The current jump may be due to announcements that Carnival expect high interest from the Chinese market in Asian sailings.

Yay! This has been a great investment for us. We bought at around $23 a share a few years ago and have enjoyed good dividends and share price increase.

The best thing though, as been the OBCs. On our South America cruise with Carnival we recieived $750 in OBCs! (Three back to back cruises booked separately of 14 + days each.)

The current jump may be due to announcements that Carnival expect high interest from the Chinese market in Asian sailings.

It's been a good investment for us too as we bought it in 2009 for about $18.25 a share & so far have received over $1600 in OBC's & over $400 in dividends.. Wish we had purchased more than 100 shares..

Have a question about your three OBC's.. Were these all on the same ship & the same itinerary & did you have to change cabins mid cruises..I never realized that that could be done on B2B cruises if they are book individually.. Do you know if this can be done on HAL too?

Edited by serendipity1499

I got in late bought 100 shares at 39 dollars a share and so far have received $650 in OBC plus dividends and increase in share price. But, they make money giving you less and less on board. Just completed a 28 day cruise, and got a letter stating that because you are on a collectors voyage, you will get 20% off two bottles of wine and an extra shot of coffee in your coffee drinks for the remainder of your cruise. An extra shop is worth 50 cents. Just my opinion.

Just saw a big jump in the CCL stock price today. Makes me very glad I bought my 100 shares (now about 113) at about $31 a few years back.

Those shareholder OBC's are wonderful and help hold down our end of cruise bill on all our HAL cruises!

Arie

Thank you for this information.

Hi ehrwhon. Sorry I don't know about HAL.

On the Carnival cruise we were on the same ship and we did not have to change cabins since I requested the same cabin througout. The cruises were booked as separate voyages, so there were three separate reservation numbers. I have heard that separate res numbers are required to do this.

Edited by ehogan

bought it at $48. Not complaining since I didn't sell. OBCs and dividends are what I bought it for. Appreciation is great. Last year we had we had over $2000

in OBCs plus dividends.

Bolding is by me..Wow! I'm impressed!

My Goodness, over $2000 alone in OBC's last year for your stock, means you had at least 8 different cruises of 14 plus days each last year...

We only get $250 max OBC for our stock each cruise & we've only received $1600 in OBC's for our 7 cruises, since we bought it in 2009 through 2013..Did not cruise in 2014 or this year yet..

Please advise if you were able to book B2B's several times with different HAL or CCL booking numbers for each 14 day cruise as another poster mentioned he did ...If that's what you were able to do then I'll try it next time we book B2B's in order to get more than $250..

can someone please explain this deal. For instance how many shares do you have to own and is the OBC linked to that.

You must purchase a minimum of 100 shares. The OBC is linked to the amount of days you cruise, i.e., less than 7 days, 7 days, 14 days.:) It's a great deal if you cruise frequently.

can someone please explain this deal. For instance how many shares do you have to own and is the OBC linked to that.

This is a "Stockholders OBC" offered by Carnival Corporation. If you have a cruise booked on any of their cruise lines, you can apply for this OBC from the corporation. I believe it is $50 for cruises of 6 days or less. $100 for 7-13 days (and I know because we did a 13 day cruise!), and $250 for cruises of 14 days or more.

One of the cabin occupants must own 100 shares (or more) of CCL stock. Search the forum as there are detailed instructions on here as to where to fax your proof of ownership along with your booking number. This changes by cruise line; meaning where you send it for an HAL booking is not the same as where you would send a Costa or Cunard booking.

I'm going to figure out how much OBC I've received from this and will add to the post... $1,000 in OBC over 7 cruises since we bought the stock early 2012.

Enjoy!

Edited by StartrainDD
figured out OBC total

[/b]

Bolding is by me..Wow! I'm impressed!

My Goodness, over $2000 alone in OBC's last year for your stock, means you had at least 8 different cruises of 14 plus days each last year...

We only get $250 max OBC for our stock each cruise & we've only received $1600 in OBC's for our 7 cruises, since we bought it in 2009 through 2013..Did not cruise in 2014 or this year yet..

Please advise if you were able to book B2B's several times with different HAL or CCL booking numbers for each 14 day cruise as another poster mentioned he did ...If that's what you were able to do then I'll try it next time we book B2B's in order to get more than $250..

I had already booked a 14 day Alaska cruise for May/14 when I decided to take a 1 day cruise from Vancouver to Seattle on the same ship. Therefore, I had two booking numbers. I was able to get two shareholder OBCs, one for $50 for the one day cruise and $250 for the 14 day cruise. I even requested them both in the same letter. So, yes, it can be done on HAL as long as you have two or more booking numbers. If you have one booking number for a Collector's Cruise, you only get one OBC.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Maxy Check out this thread My two posts No. 22 & 40 give you all the details, plus how to get your OBC:

To answer your question if you own at least 100 shares of Carnival Corp. Stock you will be able to collect OBC on all Cruise Brands under the Carnival umbrella including HAL..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2193220

For each cruise under one booking number the OBC is as follows:

On board credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or more it is: $250

On board credit per stateroom of sailings 7 days up to 13 days is $100

On board credit per stateroom of sailings of 6 days or LESS is $50

You have to apply for it at least two weeks prior to departure..[/

This is the WEB site explains The Carnival Corp LLC stockholders benefits & on what lines you can get the OBC:

http://www.shipcruise.org/ccl-carnival-cruise-stock-price-symbol/

Edited by serendipity1499

Forgot to mention that there are many Cruise lines under the Carnival Corp, PLC Umbrella: You can get OBC for owning 100 shares on all these lines-

Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, and fathom in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia